Help, Support and Suggestions

WHOA
Insanity at 6:35PM, July 25, 2008
(offline)
Haven't been here for while…

IS THE TD DEAD?!?!?!?!?

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
crocty at 5:51AM, July 26, 2008
(online)
Yes.
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Insanity at 10:58AM, July 26, 2008
(offline)
Can you tell me why in a pq?

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
skoolmunkee at 4:32AM, July 27, 2008
(online)
We closed it because it had become too stupid to live. It was created as a place without rules where people could talk about what they wanted, do silly things, talk amongst themselves, etc. But it changed after a couple years.

Basically it turned into a place where people were mean to each other, racist, offensive in other ways, etc in ways that were masked by calling it ‘ironic humor’ (which is a very thin line in most cases). If you didn't act like a jerk to the other people in the forum who frequented the place (who all acted like jerks to each other), you weren't ‘good enough’ for top drawer. So that led to this culture of meanness in the place. It was very exclusionary and not welcoming to people at all, and it was hard to understand what went on there until you had been watching it a while. Not a single meaningful thing ever happened there and it was so incredibly full of spam (much of it offensive) it was depressing. It was a big in-joke that only about a hundred people ever ‘got.’ To everyone else it just looked like a club for jerks.

We just thought it was a very bad element to the forums and the site, wasn't contributing anything any longer, a very poor example of what we wanted our community here to be like, and made us a little uncomfortable legally-speaking (what with all the various offensiveness-es going on). There are other forums where people could act like that if they wanted and we figured they should just keep it there.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Bocaj at 10:22AM, July 27, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
We closed it because it had become too stupid to live. It was created as a place without rules where people could talk about what they wanted, do silly things, talk amongst themselves, etc. But it changed after a couple years.

Basically it turned into a place where people were mean to each other, racist, offensive in other ways, etc in ways that were masked by calling it ‘ironic humor’ (which is a very thin line in most cases). If you didn't act like a jerk to the other people in the forum who frequented the place (who all acted like jerks to each other), you weren't ‘good enough’ for top drawer. So that led to this culture of meanness in the place. It was very exclusionary and not welcoming to people at all, and it was hard to understand what went on there until you had been watching it a while. Not a single meaningful thing ever happened there and it was so incredibly full of spam (much of it offensive) it was depressing. It was a big in-joke that only about a hundred people ever ‘got.’ To everyone else it just looked like a club for jerks.

We just thought it was a very bad element to the forums and the site, wasn't contributing anything any longer, a very poor example of what we wanted our community here to be like, and made us a little uncomfortable legally-speaking (what with all the various offensiveness-es going on). There are other forums where people could act like that if they wanted and we figured they should just keep it there.
I didn't think I was mean when I posted there…

Anyway, if you are still interested in posting in a TD, my favorite spawn is this one.
(For the record, I understand the concern about the legal issue, and still love DD.)

Don't read Rape.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
skoolmunkee at 1:15PM, July 27, 2008
(online)
Bocaj
I didn't think I was mean when I posted there…

It was kind of a blanket description :)

People were ‘mean’ to each other there but the people who were ‘in’ on it didn't take it as meanness. however that was a pretty small group of people and most of the rest of the forums didn't understand what TD was about and found it someplace to avoid. It had kinda become a club for 50 or so people, which would have been fine (other subforms seem to work about the same way) but the appearance that the TD had was not a very positive one. It was a place to have fun, but only if you were in the club.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved