Debate and Discussion

Whoa! Republicans to punish four states for early primaries!
Ronson at 7:30PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(online)
The_New_York_Times
Republicans Plan To Penalize States For Early Primaries

The Republican National Committee plans to penalize at least four states holding early primaries, including New Hampshire and Florida, by refusing to seat at least half their delegates at the party's national convention in 2008, a party official said Tuesday.

Much of the focus in the primary scheduling fight up to now has been on the Democratic National Committee's moves to penalize Florida by not seating its convention delegates because of the state's decision to move up its primary. But the Republican rules are even more stringent, and the national party said today that it would not hesitate enforcing them.

Well, well … I have to assume that anyone who didn't like what the Democrats did must be insenced with what the Republicans have done.

I still maintain that early primaries are a very bad idea, and that something has to be done to stop this movement by the states. So I'm am actually rooting for the parties on this one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
warren at 8:37PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(offline)
It's not good for either party.

I'll have to research why these rules are the way they are. I'm a little confused to the “more strict” rules of not seating half, as opposed to the Democratic rules of not seating any from that state. I'm missing something…
Warren

On the Duck:
Title -updating! ~30 strips!
PAC -New! >10 strips.

Others:
Spare Change -updating! ~2000 strips!
Mass Production -hiatus. ~300 strips.

This guy does Piss Mario, Stick, and Filler!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
bobhhh at 11:57PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(offline)
The conventions are joke in these times anyway. The smoke filled rooms are history, people enter the convention anointed, and the rest is just a media circus of party “unity”.

My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
ccs1989 at 6:24AM, Aug. 29, 2007
(online)
When it comes down to how parties are handled, the Repubs and Dems are pretty much the same. Only their policies are different. I guess it's too much to ask for a party that doesn't do stupid stuff.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Vindibudd at 7:16AM, Aug. 29, 2007
(online)
Wow, that is amazing. I'd like to know why political parties think they can tell a state what to do about holding primaries. And maybe you misunderstood my post about Democrats. I think it is stupid for any political party to be doing this, even if I disagree with them on their platform. When I made the post, it was only the Democrats that were doing it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:42PM
bobhhh at 11:47AM, Aug. 29, 2007
(offline)
Vindibudd
Wow, that is amazing. I'd like to know why political parties think they can tell a state what to do about holding primaries. And maybe you misunderstood my post about Democrats. I think it is stupid for any political party to be doing this, even if I disagree with them on their platform. When I made the post, it was only the Democrats that were doing it.

Agreed political parties are the scourge of democracy.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved