Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Why am I going small?
CharleyHorse at 8:03PM, Jan. 2, 2009
(offline)
I've noticed that I am getting smaller with my artwork and I can only guess why. This is interesting because I've always been a close perspective sort of fellow; you know what I mean, so close that you can make out the veins in the eyeballs.

I think that part of the change is that most of the time a close up means cutting off the lower part of the body. It's weird but I don't want to do that. It's not that I'm particularly good about drawing the entire body, but . . . that's what I want to do nowadays and that means that I have to draw smaller to make everything fit in the size format I'm using for the panels and the page itself.

The thing is that I hadn't noticed what I been doing until yesterday. It surprised me to see that I had drawn one character small when I didn't need too. He was already short and so I could have done a nice close up and still have gotten all of him into the frame.

This isn't a big thing. I can adjust. It's just that I wasn't expecting to change like that. I used to hate doing full body visuals. Now I like it. Weird.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved