Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Why Did You Choose Drunk Duck to Host Your Comic?
Eccentricity at 6:57PM, April 21, 2010
(offline)
I chose drunk duck because I've seen a lot of promising comics out and about, and figured it'd be a great place to learn a thing or two, actually keep track of the comics I read, and improve my own comics, seeing as I'm new to comic-type art, but not art itself, see.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Gaddick at 8:25PM, April 30, 2010
(online)
Well lets see… my high school four or five years ago severely limited my content (had to be vulgar in indiscreet ways), Myspace and Facebook butchered the size and shrunk my text and dialogue, Newgrounds still hasn't scouted me so my content isn't readily available… Mostly Drunk Duck is my choice because it does EVERYTHING right. Kudos DD!
'Life is like a box of ammo' - Duke Nukem
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
happymouse at 5:45AM, May 2, 2010
(online)
i chose drunkduck cause i heard some great things about it and i read some great comics here so i decided, why not join.
so i joined and im still here cause everyone is nice and its just a great site.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
hitagashi at 6:25AM, June 9, 2010
(offline)
My reason is because no matter how much I love SmackJeeves, I heard DrunkDuck is more friendly. The people on SJ tend to be rude and so I'm kind of wary of updating there. Also, they have developed a new rule that kind of irks me because sometimes when I draw my characters look way too young for their age and I don't want to get reported. >>

If I had to choose a site to host my comic on if I redid everything I think it'd be DD because even though it's kind of confusing to me (just joined yesterday) I prefer the way it's set up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Shishi Beru at 9:52PM, June 24, 2010
(online)
My reasons are the same as hitagashi's >u>;
I'm a little worried about the changes to the ToS over at smackjeeves and maybe one day my comics (once they start containing adult content in the future) might no longer be accepted there. I'd heard a lot of good things about DD and thought I'd check it out and I was very happy to see there's an Adult rating for comics so I immediately decided to join. Even though my comics don't really have Adult content yet, I was very eager to show my works here anyway C:
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
Plague Doctor at 3:31PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Because it doesnt require HTML knowlege…and community seems nice
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Mondenkind at 1:06PM, July 14, 2010
(offline)
Because this seemed like a user-friendly, easy place to navigate and use. At the same time, it also manages to be fun, which is GRR-EAT! It's big, easy to understand and the layout is nice.
Run along with Captian Jack!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Macattack at 9:51AM, July 19, 2010
(offline)
Found out about it on wikipedia (ya I'm nerdy like that) I just needed a place to post my comics that my college newspaper could access and then I just got hooked :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
FyreDragon at 2:47PM, July 28, 2010
(offline)
I chose Drunk Duck because I saw some cool comics here and didn't want to host my comic on deviantART. It's not suited for comics at all, so I looked up a nice place for webcomics and found DD. Seems like a friendly and open community :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
cavenglok97 at 8:34AM, Oct. 11, 2010
(online)
I chose Drunk Duck because I didn't know any other website. I found others but I'm staying devoted to Drunk Duck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Evil_Hare at 8:06AM, Oct. 16, 2010
(online)
I chose Drunk Duck because it looked cool, had loads of good comics, and the community isn't a pack of $#$!s like some other comic host sites ;)

That, and it was way easier to use than the other sites.

Three cheers for the duck!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
DawnMisfits at 2:23PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(offline)
It has a wicked-ass name. No further explanation required. :)
Don't make me go all ghetto on your ass. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
sostan at 1:31PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
This place seems well designed for feed back and getting started. I really have only just discovered the world of webcomics and I have a lot to read and learn. DD is a great starting point.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
itsjustaar at 3:49AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
A very easy to use set-up and promise, with some very friendly people right off the bat. Of course, I also just started, too, so I'll hopefully utilize everything I can. ^^

I remember posting my stuff on dA, but getting critique was rare and I got mostly fans just tuning in just to post ‘cool story bro’. xD A lot here are willing to work with me, it seems, and that's a big plus in my book. ^^

I can probably expect to bring in a few of my fave stuff here, after a little while. =D
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
KnaveMurdok at 4:10AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(offline)
I chose DRUNK DUCK because I find that the community here is very SUPPORTIVE and will not try to SHOOT YOU DOWN just because you are NEW!

Also! with a MINIMAL AMOUNT OF EFFORT I seem to be getting a FAIR AMOUNT of PAGE VIEWS!

When these NUMBERS go UP, my mind GOES AWAY, and I have a BRIEF MOMENT OF HAPPINESS!

I LOVE YOU ALL!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
gr8k4an at 6:36PM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
I had heard good things about DD and decided it would be the best place to move my comics. I was a co-founder in a webcomic community called eyeskream, but it became unpleasant. Too many rules, we would get many submissions but for some reason limited our community and voted people in. Eventually, it was just too much, everyone left and I had a falling out with the administrator who was just too controlling. I've only been here for a few days and my comics have already gotten more views than they ever did at eyeskream. It is easy to upload and there is just soooo much to look through here that it keeps you busy. I'm hoping to make some new friends while I'm here since the pool of talent and people is so vast. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
MRasheed at 6:43PM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
It was recommended to me by a couple of friends who are also members here. While watching one of them update his comic cover I decided to go ahead and create my acount. I'm glad I did. It seems a very creator-friendly place filled with good fellowship amoung cartoonists.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
scimitar2 at 7:43AM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
For a while I was only posting my comics in my Deviant Art account and sharing only with people I knew. I started hosting my own domain, but I really had no way to generate traffic (at least on a hobbyist's budget).

I was already a member on here, but only as a reader. I've discovered some good reads on DD and I have no idea how I came across them, so I'm hoping that maybe in a community such as this I may be able to find an actual audience. I also love the “Date Live” feature so I can have something of a schedule. Maybe now I'll actually work at trying to stick to it. I guess that's also another reason I chose DD; to light a bit of fire under my butt to continue making these silly strips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Erik Warhammer at 5:12PM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
I joined Drunkduck because I…erm…

I don't remember…

I think it might be due that I wanted somewhere to upload my sprite comic instead of an image site like “majhost” or something like that.

updates whenever it updates
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
Mr_Gekiga at 11:01AM, March 2, 2011
(online)
On the real?
I'm broke, I'm cheap, and HTML/CSS illiterate so ComicGenesis was out of the question.

I like this though, customizable, and I hear about it everywhere, so it's a great place to start.
“Ninjas are a lot like cockroaches. For every one you kill, there's thousands nesting in your walls.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 5:40PM, April 7, 2011
(offline)
I don't really remember how or why I joined DrunkDuck, I think I just stumbled across it one day while lurking on the internet and I decided that it was a coo' place, bro.

But I know why I stay, beacuse the people are generally very supportive and nice, and hey, whats better then reading awesome comics?
of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
soldier at 8:53PM, April 9, 2011
(online)
I truly enjoy the site. Easy to get started and the forums are very laid back. After looking up other sites it was a no brainer. I like reading the other comics here as well.

The law is coming….
Shield of Justice
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
Darklex at 9:04PM, June 13, 2011
(online)
I chose DrunkDuck because of Bobble-heads, dear god were they so tempting to buy….
Well, anyways the real reason was actually simply because I felt like it.
Not much else other then that really.
“Bah” “Bah your FACE!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Night3 at 7:21AM, July 19, 2011
(online)
I choose The Duck to re host my comic cause if felt like a better place to host a superhero type comic. There is a solid reader base here and quite a few comics that i personally enjoy reading.
The last Super team you want to call.

Hope your insurance is paid up.
Allyndn at 12:11PM, July 26, 2011
(online)
When I first decided to post a comic, I didn't know there were any other options, besides creating my own webpage from scratch. I don't think anyone would have found my comic if it were on some random webpage I made myself. Now that I've become both a creator and reader of webcomics, I prefer DD as the go to site. Have my collection of favorites here. Find new stuff on the just updated/random spots on the homepage.
mraab at 8:25AM, July 28, 2011
(online)
I follow a buncha comics on the duck and also at smackjeeves, and I like the format the duck has. I don't have the knowledge base to create my own site or do much else beyond uploading the pages, and the duck seemed to be a fabulous option for technologically challenged old folk like me. The interface is easy to navigate, the pages look great onscreen, and I don't feel overwhelmed or intimidated by any of it. But that's just me…
Regards,
mraab
P.S. I am incredibly new to this, having just uploaded my first few pages last night. I would welcome any comments on the comic if you feel like checking it out. I have a thread to that effect somewhere in here.
Jety Lefr at 7:52PM, Aug. 26, 2011
(online)
it's free yo!
Plus I read several comics over here.
———-Jety Lefr
“Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more.”
okoyakicomics at 8:11PM, Aug. 29, 2011
(online)
In a final fit of rage and frustration at Comic Genesis (recommended to me indirectly by a nice gal I met at a con–as she has a dedicated site creator, I don't hold it against her), I ended up doing a random Google search for comic hosting site. Admittedly, DD was the last one I clicked on, but after doing so was not disappointed.
What sold me was a combination of the ease of sign up and set up (it took me an hour to do here what it took me a MONTH to do on CG), the presentation, the variety and quality of the comics I sampled, and the absloute friendliness of the people here.
For the few who might be interested, the gal (don't know her name, sorry) is one of the co-writers of Sidekick Girl–it's quite good.
HappyLandings at 7:16PM, Sept. 1, 2011
(offline)
I used to be on ComicGenesis. I rwote a dozen horribly unfunny comics called “Atilla The Bun.” I left the thing on hiatus for a few months. I wanted to go back to it and re-write the whole idea, but I found out that I wasn't able to log onto the servers anymore. Drat.
I'd considered using SmackJeeves, but I know someone who uses it, and he says the community there mostly ignores people. I had a problem with it because while i was browsing comics, I ran into a couple of hijack pages.
I found out about the Duck from another friend who was using it, he writes the comic “Shiro's Marvelous 4Koma.” I signed up, and lo and behold, I enjoy the upload format……
GentlemanlyFlourish at 6:42PM, Sept. 8, 2011
(offline)
I stumbled completely by accident on Drunk Duck, actually. But after a hour, or two (it was actually four) of searching the comics, I fell in love, to use an outdated cliche. The site has some amazing artists, and it's just easy to use, it's quite admirable~

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon