Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Why Did You Choose Drunk Duck to Host Your Comic?
flyingwind66 at 12:25AM, July 9, 2007
(offline)
Well I was looking for a place to host my comic and I had been trying to get my comic ‘approved’ for keenspace for ages (you know how they're like, after you send in your request, we'll let you in after at most 2 weeks) and the one time I got in was when I really didn't have pages in my computer X.x so while complaining to a friend about this, she sent me to this site and I figured it'd be a good place just to get my comic live. To me, keenspace seems more ‘professional’ and here is more ‘just upload your pages, you don’t need to know anything about making a website' and it looks like I"m sticking to this site now that I've figured out how to really add in my own template and coding into my page.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
kuemper at 7:06PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
I did a search for free webcomic hosting and DD came up. It looked a lot easier to understand and do than the other sites. I just wanted somewhere to put my creativity now that my DnD group has gone their separate ways.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Strikenmist at 10:02AM, July 19, 2007
(online)
It's a great place to host webcomics
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
FreakGamer at 11:49AM, July 22, 2007
(online)
I was getting pissed at Dev Art for deleting my comics randomly. So a friend of mine told me not to quit making them. He told me about this site. I came and checked it out. Immediately I registered for an account. I started posting comics for a while till I read about the Civil War then I truly fell in love with this site.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
dave63 at 12:47PM, Aug. 5, 2007
(online)
I just joined on today. I was actually searching for a site like this. I publish my comic strip on my own web site every week but I am always looking for ways to promote and get more viewers. The strip is one part of the Joe Pop world, which also inludes my original music. I have always used music sites like Garage Band and MP3.com to promote my music and I was looking for something user friendly like this for the cartoon. I tried a web ring and it was ridiculous. The html code screwed up my home page and they sent me about 2 nasty emails a day if I didn't make the changes they wanted fast enough. This is exactly what I was looking for. A site thats easy to use, easy to sign up for, where I can have my own page to showcase the comic strip. I look forward to using this site and checking out all the other comics and cartoons here. Thanks- Dave LaPlante (Joe Pop)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
imshard at 2:14AM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
I chose DD Because I liked the community and a few guys I know encouraged me too publish my comic here. The fact its free and friendly were big motivators too.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
DAJB at 5:33AM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
I'd been serialising my comic at my own website for a while and, earlier this year, I added it to another collective. Initially I just chose DD as A.N.Other place to show the comic.

In the few days I've had my comic on here, though, I've already been very impressed with how willing people are to comment and give feedback. Seems like a nice place!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
CrimeRoyale at 6:00PM, Aug. 7, 2007
(online)
I was first introduced to the site by a good buddy of mine to read his comics. Then when I decided I'd try a few of my own, well… Hey, it seemed the best.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Magus Ferox at 9:23PM, Aug. 9, 2007
(online)
DD has a lot of great options and extras you can stick on your site, and it's simple and easy to use! Really! I used to be on Keenspace, and it was total crap, the most stupidly complex and irritating way to run a comics site. Oops, can I say that here? Well I just did, and it's true. I like the Comments box best, because I love hearing what people think about what I do.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Psychobabble at 10:26PM, Aug. 9, 2007
(offline)
I worked with a friend on a webcomic called The Pizza Company over the course of 2006. I had no idea a site like DD existed at the time. We actually used Blogger to publish our comic. Pizza Co. started as an experiment with just my friend, Jon, and I. We then started to work more intensely on it (still updating just on Wednesdays) and brought in another one of our buddies, Greg, to draw. It started to get a bit unwieldy with three different writer/artists working independently of each other. It was experimental, but our three styles were very different, and it barely felt like a cohesive idea. A few months in, my two friends dropped out and I stepped up to the plate to become the sole creator of The Pizza Company, since I was the webmaster already. Well, by January of ‘07 even I had lost steam and couldn’t even keep up with making one comic per week. The Pizza Company thus went on an unannounced hiatus with the dawn 2007. I had all but given up on my dream of webcomic creation.

Then, in May, I started my summer internship at the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art. I was working with comic artists, writers, and experts every day. It reinvigorated my passion for comic creation. I began drawing some comics and preliminary sketches. I was about to re-open The Pizza Company. That's when Jon and I hit some creative roadblocks. Apparently starting in March, Jon had been drawing print comics in The Stony Brook Press under the title The Pizza Company. He told me he wanted to get rid of the webcomic and that he really did not want me to continue making new comics under the title. Since he was the one who originally came up with the title, I felt he did have the right to decide what can be published under it. Thus was the end of The Pizza Company as a web-based comic and the end of my affiliation with the comic in general. Even though Jon did agree that I would be able to take over the name in November, I felt that friendship was more important than a silly comic name, so I let him have it. I then decided that it was time to start my own comic. I took some of my old comics I made for Pizza Co. and my new sketches and began to recompile them. At the same time I was just looking up new webcomics to check out. That is when I came across the Duck. I immediately decided it was the place for my new comic venture. I thought for a while for a unique name (a very hard task. mind you) and thus Psychobabble was born. It really was random how I wound up here, it was sheer chance that I checked out Gods of ArrKelaan and saw it was hosted by an awesome community that is incredibly user friendly. Thanks guys! I hope Psychobabble can be hosted here for a long time to come!

-Jason
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
Lord Shplane at 1:39PM, Aug. 10, 2007
(offline)
Though I plan on making a comic (I recently made a thread to ask people if I should, and after their input decided to try it). I have yet to do so. When I DO make a comic, however, it will be on the Duck because 1: I'm already here. 2: Thusfar I like the people on the duck and 3: It's FREE!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
spellchild at 10:39AM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)
I chose to come on over to DD because I've been at ComicGenesis now for….going on 4 years since 2004. So I decided to branch out and check out other communities. I heard the one here is pretty dandy, so here I am.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
spacehamster at 8:19AM, Aug. 12, 2007
(online)
Somebody on dA mentioned hosting their comics here. I've had my stuff on ComicSpace for a while, but that site doesn't really lend itself to hosting comic as well as this one does, and dA is flat-out useless for comics. So I took a look around here, and it seemed like a good place for Bulletproof. It also helped that some Image stuff is on here, I kind of assumed they wouldn't be using this site for promotion if it wasn't any good.

So far, I'm liking it here. People are nice, and my comic's actually being read.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
hrist at 3:53AM, Aug. 13, 2007
(online)
why not, its a great community and you get to promote your work and meet fabulous other talented artist
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Dynamo at 4:27PM, Aug. 15, 2007
(offline)
I thought it'd be worth a laugh or two.
I wouldn't frag you for practice!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Valtiel at 9:34PM, Aug. 17, 2007
(online)
I picked this site because it was mentioned on VG Cats, one of the many webcomics I check on a daily basis, and one of the inspirations for me to start up my own webcomic. Once I got here, I loved the way the site was set up, and the things that you can do once you get your comic up here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Reinderdijkhuis at 12:46AM, Aug. 23, 2007
(online)
I'll put my comics anywhere because:

1) I like playing with comics management and hosting systems and seeing what they can do;
2) I like publishing my stuff under different sets of rules. In this case, I'm running my old work from beginning to end, seven days a week. The original online publication was out of order and with ever-changing schedules.
3) I'm just a big whore.

So far I'm liking Drunk Duck's system a lot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
Kyuuketsuki at 12:22PM, Aug. 31, 2007
(offline)
I picked this site as signing up seemed easier than with Comicgenesis and I thought it had better/more features than Comicgen.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Poke Alster at 2:52PM, Sept. 2, 2007
(offline)
It was very popular so i decided to join
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Dragonizer at 6:48PM, Sept. 3, 2007
(offline)
Don't have something up (YET), but I chose DD because it's free. Main reason, of course. =D
Plus, the forums seem cool, full of nice people and such. And unlike other sites I've seen, these forums are NOT spam-central. Thank the gods for that, eh?
K.A.L.A.-dan! Morality Pet >:3
The end of time will be the end of guilt.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Rapidkirby3000 at 3:36PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(offline)
Well, while I was finding a webcomic host to post my comic attempts such as “The Lamers” and “Random Comic Time”, I chose DrunkDuck. Of course, that was during the time before this excellent webcomic host went down for quite a long time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Dreamweaver at 6:58PM, Sept. 7, 2007
(offline)
I chose drunk duck because this is the site I first read Tony TH who moved to the middle ground site and I became a member of that site later. He started here and I thought my first comic should start here as well.
“I am the one that weaves the dreams you have every night. Some call me the sand man others still call me a monster. But regardless of what people call me I will always be around to weave your dreams. For now until the end of time.” A quote from the Dreamer the creator of Verticon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
MINIMATTY at 1:50AM, Sept. 9, 2007
(online)
It's free lol and it's just a realy great site.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Dead Fish Graphics at 10:23PM, Sept. 10, 2007
(offline)
Some of my favorite comics are on here, I heard good things about this place and I'm trying to start up several comics so I ended up here.

And it's free!
Dave7 at 7:03PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
I originally applied at Comicgenesis, but withdrew for two reasons: 1). I'm very bad with html and 2). Their server was just a nightmare. Then I turned to Transplant Comics, but found out that you have to already have a website and several pages put out, and there was a lengthy application process.
Then I found Drunk Duck, which let me start right away.

And it's all free.
Post your concerns about the preview page! Support raw html! http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics
]http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics

“That is not dead can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons death may die.”
~H.P. Lovecraft

smkinoshita at 10:28AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
Greetings…

I popped onto Drunk Duck because Allen from Due East suggested it. I also recognized it because Jim of the Green Lama had posted in a Comic Genesis forum, and he has his hosted here as well.

Probably the key advantage is the ability to comment on any comic at any time. It allows for a higher level of feedback. The trophies are kinda fun, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
ShinGen at 8:15PM, Sept. 14, 2007
(online)
I joined way back in the day (Like a few years back) To start a comic with my at the time g/f. Lost my account info, lost my girl, came back to try on my own. Phailed. Left for a while, came back for my third try. They say it's a charm and the little Irish guy from the commercial seems to like his charms a lot so I have hopes for false happiness.

Welcome to the academy of the 1337. Try not to get fragged.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
Zippo Prower at 7:44AM, Sept. 15, 2007
(online)
I joined the Duck cuz I needfed a place to host my comic and this was the only place I could host my comic for free without giving out too mcuh personal info. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
trevoramueller at 9:52AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(offline)
I attended the Wizard World Chicago panel and wanted to check out the community, and hopefully find some new web comics to read. If I'm able to spread the word about my own projects in the meantime, well…bonus!

My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
crazyninny at 6:58PM, Sept. 17, 2007
(online)
Why did I chose Drunkduck? Becuase its for free, was available, and was easy to enter and such.

Would I do it all over again? Probably, it is for free. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon