Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Why did you join DrunkDuck?
Aurora Borealis at 2:36PM, July 8, 2008
(online)
What made me join?

Why, sex, drugs and rock'n'roll.

Actually, I just needed a host for my webcomic :D
Drunkduck was first suggestion that I got, I checked the site and decided “yeah, why the hell not”. So I joined :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
mfc at 4:03AM, July 14, 2008
(offline)
I don't remember why I joined, really.

I started out with a comic called “Miso Soup” that didn't really work out here, so I started a different comic– and it sort of evolved into this one called “Slice of Life,” which I adore to no end.

That, and I just needed somewhere to post my comic– and what better place than the potentially largest community of comic artists on the net? =)
Johnny Err0r'd!
A comic by J. Robbins!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Poke Alster at 7:47AM, July 15, 2008
(offline)
Well i didn't really join for a special reason or anything, my friend told me about it, i signed up and went from there
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 10:24AM, July 15, 2008
(offline)
Considering I barely used my account when I first made it…
I guess the reason I first joined it, is so people could critique my comics. Back when I drew them on lined paper, inked them with sharpies, and colored with colored pencils.

Then I realized it was time to move on, which was about in February that I started the project known as Ryu's Krew.

And here I am.
:3
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
Hero at 9:06PM, July 19, 2008
(online)
Like eight years ago, I'm this high-school kid who's all “Lookit me, I'm so awesome and fancy because I can kinda draw.” And, my buddy's all like “Ooh, lookit me, I can draw better, but ain't as fancy, we need someplace to put up our drawin's” And neither of us are using “g” at the end of words ending in “ing” because we're too freakin' Southern. Sos I, being so technically minded and computer savvy, run a search, maybe google, on “free comics” “free comic hosting” “webcomic hosting” etc and find Drunkduck. I promptly forget about it for a couple of months and then go “Oh, yeah, I found this site, but I forgotted it.” and have to do the search again. This time I actually make an' account and bang out a comic. Now, I'm still here.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
bravo1102 at 9:22AM, July 20, 2008
(offline)
A lifetime ago I shared a house with an independent comic writer and he taught me how to write (and draw) for comics, though I never did until about three years ago when I started doing photocomics.

I then encountered someone who told me about a free comic hosting site so I could get a free home as opposed to the site I pay for. http://flamingcoffin.com/Even is the other one is mine, all mine. (cue manical laughter)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ipokino at 9:30AM, July 24, 2008
(offline)
I have been creating erotic comics for about ten years, but never had anywhere to post them. My own website was so darn hard to maintain and update…and it was expensive. After letting my website lapse, I just made comics until last year when the urge to put my work out into the world just took over. I checked around on deviantart, and ran into Rose's work and the blurb for Drunkduck. So I started in here. However, after posting one of my erotic works for a month or so, I started to pay attention to the community of DD. Suddenly my erotic work seemed a bit out of place (even though there is lots here) and fortunately I had a comic “Robot Wars” that filled the bill. So I deleted my erotic work, and went with RW. Haven't looked back. I like it here on DD, and I like being socially ‘responsible’
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Sea_Cow at 12:04PM, July 24, 2008
(offline)
I was surfing my intranats when I saw Lefarce and Tater Salad flaming some poor spriter. That's when I knew that this was the place for me.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 4:01PM, July 24, 2008
(offline)
I think it was to flame someone for making a sprite comic on a webcomic website. That's when I realised that this website tolerates them.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
sadTakara at 5:59PM, July 25, 2008
(online)
Cause it was easy xD Makes it sound like a one night stand.

I really can't remember since I joined long ago, and have worse memory than an 80 year old Dx

But even now its easy. Plus I know how to work the html :D Oh wait..that falls into easy..
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
simonitro at 4:46AM, July 26, 2008
(offline)
I joined the duck race because it's a duck that can sent comic pages to everyone around the world. :D My interpretation of comic hosting.

The duck is awesome. Hail the duck!

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
Scheiden at 7:58AM, Sept. 23, 2008
(offline)
Because I was looking for a website to host my comics. I was also searching for people who'd be able to like my works without me, jumping into the bandwagon. (ex: yaoi, romance, etc).

No offense to the people who like those things though. I guess I was just thinking that I just ‘might’ be able to do something a little more than that… and people would appreciate my small effort to be a little more unique.

But then again.

I'm unique, just like everyone else.

Soooooo yeaaaaaah…

DD IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Hoolo at 9:42AM, Sept. 23, 2008
(online)
Right now, I joined Drunkduck because I was bored and I have no life.

But I just *might* make comics later.
I don't know
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Biz3 at 5:43AM, Sept. 24, 2008
(offline)
I had already for a while been looking around for a proper place to host a webcomic of mine, even gone as far as considering the option of renting an online domain. Fortunately, though, I stumbled across the deviantART page of the author of the “Ants” and “Compozerz” webcomics, and from there found my way to Drunk Duck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
SeriousQuiche at 7:58AM, Sept. 24, 2008
(offline)
Zac told me to start a webcomic….so I did and I failed abysmally at it. Then I just revived the account after deleting my old comic and starting up my current one :3

Sorry dull story -_-'
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Amelius at 9:26AM, Sept. 24, 2008
(offline)
My friend Noel made me do it! I had brought my comics to a Christmas party at my friend Lynn's (aka DreamDutchess)place back in 2003, and by that point there was already over 500 pages stuffed in a crappy falling-apart binder. Noel had a comic here already (long lost in the big crash, it was called “Suicideology” ) and suggested that I put my comics online. Being a little unfamiliar with the internet at the time (I kid you not, and I had dial-up up until this year to boot!)I barely even knew the right way to use a search engine! Noel gave me two addresses to check out: Drunkduck, and DeviantArt. I visited DD and didn't even bother to check out DA until almost a year later, because I was quite impressed with it and begged my parents to let me get an account. I didn't want to do this half-hearted, and I needed them to buy the platinum account for me so all the features would be available. All you post-Duckpocalypse members get those same features for free now!(I didn't mind helping the site by paying though)
And as of January 6, 2004, I've been a member. I didn't even look for alternative hosting when DD crashed, because I was certain it would rise from the ashes like a great green besotted phoenix. And then it did, woohoo!

Long story short: It was the first one I saw, and it was love at first 'site!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Renga Studio at 9:33AM, Sept. 24, 2008
(online)
I joined DruckDuck because it's here. That and because I had nowhere else to go.
Renga: How are you everyone !!
Renga: All your weather are control by me.
Renga: I has a weather machine.
DrunkDuck: What you say !!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
picatrix at 9:15AM, Sept. 26, 2008
(online)
I was drawn by the strong community… which is a little funny considering how long it's taken me to get off my butt and post in the forums here ^-^;
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
KingRidley at 6:38PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(offline)
I joined because my old sprite community was dead, and I need a newer active one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Peipei at 8:12PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(offline)
I joined DD because I was bored and curious one day, so I stumbled upon this site. I was inspired to create a webcomic of my own after reading a few webcomics on the front page. Also, I got hooked to several webcomics on this site which caused me to spend hours reading comics in my spare time :3.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Rodwy at 11:03PM, Oct. 1, 2008
(online)
I joined because me and a friend started making comics around the same time but he was more successful than me as he released his here. So I decided to start here, I quickly built up a base and was getting stable amounts of many pageviews every release. I loved it, although after some problems and me changing the comic style and not releasing issues on time I ended it. I hope being more involved in the community will help me in future endeavors.
Bah Humbug.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
cool guy at 1:16PM, Oct. 18, 2008
(online)
I joined to upload comics cuz I just got my scanner.I found this site on MadMaddie's DA,she had drawings of Rummoli on her DA and the link to the comic was in the description so I clicked it and joined.The first comic I read was called “Beer Noodles”I forgot who it's from but it was funny.I joined sometime last year in december.
This life we live shall soon be past,only what's done for Christ shall last! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:45AM
Ochitsukanai at 6:40PM, Oct. 19, 2008
(online)
My friend said “Let's do a comic together.” She already had an account here.

It's nice to upload pages so early. I get paranoid around “communities” and am usually unable to get involved in them, but the one here seems to be all right (hence, first post). Hopefully that's the case!

As for doing a comic, having a regular deadline is very helpful. It's good to be forced to draw, just for the sake of practice…

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Starbraces at 10:31PM, Oct. 19, 2008
(offline)
I need some artistic outlet as well as gathering more visual inspiration… Also I'm a huge fan od cartoons and comics. I even go to animation school. So, yeah. I spend 80% of my days (while I'm not at school, like today) either TALKING about cartoons or watching it
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
Bekefel at 2:21AM, Oct. 20, 2008
(offline)
Sea_Cow
I was surfing my intranats when I saw Lefarce and Tater Salad flaming some poor spriter. That's when I knew that this was the place for me.

Because you totally became that spriters replacement.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
smkinoshita at 9:34AM, Oct. 20, 2008
(online)
Allen from DueEast suggested I try the community. I did, I liked it, I stayed. DD is now my primary because of said community.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
highspeedcomics at 11:32AM, Oct. 21, 2008
(offline)
For a place to put my crappy drawings, but then I got an awesome artist for Heroes by Hand, so that plan sort of fell through. In a good way. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
NickGuy at 8:17PM, Oct. 21, 2008
(offline)
For all the sexy babes.

that and i followed literacysuks1 through his signature on another message board.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Zephyrion at 8:23PM, Oct. 21, 2008
(online)
I joined Drunk Duck as I(As I am sure happens for many others) often think of witty or silly things, while reading webcomics. Yet I am too lazy to register on every forum of webcomics that this happens with, and I tend to forget about and neglect the forums that I do join. Now With Drunk Duck I immediately noticed the ability to leave comments, and as several comics hosted on DD were in my browser favorites list, I figured why not make an account.

Now I leave a rating here leave a rating there, sometimes say something stupid, or try to add some constructive critisism, but occasionally one of my comments is able to make the Creators and commenters of the webcomics I read laugh.

Now I don't write stories or draw, but if my witty remarks, can get even a chuckle out of those who give quality entertainment away for free, it makes me feel like I've given something back and that makes my day.

Also procrastination, this site is ever an aid in putting things off till the last minute.

So Here I am on Drunk Duck and the list of comics I regularly read here keeps expanding I come across new webcomics to enjoy, and old ones which I read elsewhere but now find mirrors of here to comment on.

Yes I am aware of the Irony of talking about my aversion of forums, yet posting this in a forum. This is actually my first time going into DD's forums even though I've been reading strips here for years, in fact I have never even lurked on these forums before the day I make this post.
Seen my avatar being used on a different site?
That's probably me too.
Unless they're jerks, then it's someone else.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
MagickLorelai at 9:15PM, Oct. 21, 2008
(offline)
*ahem*

Sit back, children, and hear the Epic Tale of how Magicklorelai came to the Duck!!

…Okay, so, maybe it's not that epic. xD I did travel quite a ways to get to this point, and I started on the path years ago.

I've always done two things since I was little; draw and write. Of course, the best integration of both (to me, at that time anyway) was in writing/drawing comics. My earliest comics have since been burned, so unfit were they to ever grace human sight. Back in the early years of the internet, when I was still on a dialup connection in my mother's living room, a friend introduced me to webcomics by linking me first to Penny Arcade, and Megatokyo. From there, I searched around, read about half of Keenspot, poked around Keenspace(to be eventually named Comic Genesis), and found myself inspired to want to do a webcomic of my own.

Alas, I was not a very skilled artist. In fact, before I started eyeballing a friend and fellow-artist's work to emulate it, my art was… it was bad, folks. Real bad. There's a reason they no longer exist! In my little sketchbooks, I did comics, with no place to host them online.

Finally, in my freshman year of college, I explored Keenspace as an option. No go; the uploading was impossible for me, and I couldn't code a template to save my life. I ended up with about three or four pages of a half-assed comic on a blank white page, with no way to get feedback on my work. A friend of mine suggested I check out Drunk Duck, where she'd hosted her art before. This was back in January of 2006.

Ah! Finally! A place where I could easily upload my pages, get feedback, AND make the page look snazzy without a degree in HTML coding! Beyond that, there really was a sense of community, instead of “just another hosting site.” To this day, I still experiment with comic making, and often try to start a comic without going very far with it. (My main focus, Ialus, I've actually redone a few times…but I'm happy with it's current incarnation!)

For the TL;DR crowd: I wanted to make a webcomic, looked around for a hosting site, and a friend recommended The Duck to me.

Thus ends the Epic Tale behind MagickLorelai's obscure/largely reclusive existence on Drunk Duck. I shall now retreat back into my tiny corner of the net, where I lurk and feed on comments. Adieu!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon