Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Why do people care about when the world will end?
Lonnehart at 8:16AM, May 23, 2011
(online)
I'm trying not to care, but so many people seem concerned about this. Why? It's not like we can do anything about it when the world does end. No human is going to be around for the aftermath. And even worse… there are people eager to see the world end, and others who are even more eager to make it end.

Personally, I'd just rather do what nature wanted us to do. Stay alive as long as possible and enjoy the time you've got since it may be the only time you have on Earth. But at the same time enjoy it while hurting as few people as possible and at the same time making sure no one tries to steal my time from me. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Faliat at 9:01AM, May 23, 2011
(offline)
I think you answered your own question there. There's a reason why people make bucket lists. Knowing how much time you have left is a motivator for doing everything you always wanted to do but never had the time for. Certain predicted doom has a habit of giving people a new perspective on their existance.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Rockeign at 3:08PM, May 23, 2011
(offline)
Most people don't wanna die and the world ending is a very big, unmistakable, “You gonna die”. That's basically it really.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
kyupol at 4:20PM, May 23, 2011
(online)
Im not afraid of the end of the world. It could happen tomorrow. I dont care. I'll just live my life.

It doesnt faze me even if I have a feeling that we have 7-9 years left before the rise of the Anti-Christ and the great revolt by Satanic Super Soldiers (mass shootings, bombings, assassinations, total chaos 100,000 times worse than 9-11).

/end rant
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
lothar at 8:35PM, May 23, 2011
(offline)
satanic super soldiers !

revolt ?

sss v nwo ? wtf?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
mlai at 5:00AM, May 24, 2011
(online)
Same thinking here as the OP. If the world is ending, then everyone is gonna die with me. So who cares?

Every single human being who ever existed before you: Moses, Jesus, Attila, Napoleon, George Washington, Mozart, Rockerfeller, Capone, Einstein. They ALL died. You're gonna die too.

But if you live in the End Times, you have the privilege of knowing no one gets to outlive you. That's right, you get more special treatment than Einstein. Awesome.

Satanic super soldiers? Who will resist them?? Who will be the fearless Soldiers of God… Al Quaida will save us all!!!

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
bravo1102 at 2:08AM, May 25, 2011
(offline)
mlai
Same thinking here as the OP. If the world is ending, then everyone is gonna die with me. So who cares?

Satanic super soldiers? Who will resist them?? Who will be the fearless Soldiers of God… Al Quaida will save us all!!!

Wouldn't be the first time Islam stopped Satan and destroyed whole otherwise invincible armies.

But I personally think it'll be the Mormons.

What happens if after the End of All Things we wake up in new bodies along an interminably long river?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Dave7 at 7:33AM, May 25, 2011
(online)
bravo1102
What happens if after the End of All Things we wake up in new bodies along an interminably long river?

Build a hydrogen-powered steamboat and team-up with Mark Twain would be the first thing to come to mind.
Riverworld FTW!
Post your concerns about the preview page! Support raw html! http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics
]http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics

“That is not dead can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons death may die.”
~H.P. Lovecraft

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
blindsk at 11:41AM, May 25, 2011
(online)
People want to know so they can prepare. Prepare to catch a ride on a dolphin as a ticket out of this place.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
itsjustaar at 12:44AM, May 26, 2011
(online)
To paraphrase my thoughts.

“I thought the world was through when they made Rosemary's Baby. But oh no! OH NO! Now we got Bebe's Kids!” - Robin Harris
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Lonnehart at 12:53AM, May 26, 2011
(online)
Ugh…

I don't think there's any way to prepare for an event that's going to wipe out Humanity. I mean… why bother? You're not going to be alive afterwards. And also… All that time you're spending in fear of the end and trying to prepare for it could be used towards just living and enjoying your time on Earth. Well… unless you LIKE living in fear of the future and preparing for the grand end of Humanity, that is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
bravo1102 at 2:01AM, May 26, 2011
(offline)
People have been doing that since the beginning of Christianity with its looking to a life after this as opposed to this one.
The pagans loved the here and the now and lived here and now. Then came the Christians and all of a sudden it was the End Times and Jesus will return before this generation is gone.
Flash forward 2000 years and the only ones left of that generation are the Wandering Jew and the Eternal Mercenary and maybe the Whore (who laughed at the cruxifiction but she supposedly found peace when Parzifal found the Grail) Christianity has its own rich mythology. Why can't humans make the final leap of logic and rationality and throw away the whole belief system?

Imagine my surprise when I found out that late pagans had coping mechanisms in line with modern cognitive therapy that were discarded for millenia for the benefits of a mythical promise of eternal life after the End Times. So why are they still looking towards a new future that will probably never come as opposed to making this world the best they can?

Amazing how these people can study the Bible so ardently and just ignore anything that doesn't fit their preconceptions. They only rarely ever realize those preconceptions are wrong.

Logic? Bah, your power lies in the Force… um Christ Jesus. ;)
PIT_FACE at 7:48AM, May 26, 2011
(online)
why do i care? i wanna know when to invest in my tromaesque/mad-max style bikini armor. that's how i buy my underwear, whatever goes good with a rocket launcher. preparedness.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Macattack at 5:24PM, May 26, 2011
(offline)
Yeesh, I've been wondering this myself really. I mean I'm a strong Christian and really don't get why others freak out about the end of the world. I mean I'd much rather live every moment trying to be the best I can be, and I doubt knowing when the world's going to end would change that. As for death itself… I could die horribly and painfully from food poisoning from the supper I just ate and miss the whole thing :P What's it really matter if you die alone or at the same time as everyone?

Live your life to the fullest and best of your abilities while you can! It's too long and too short to waste it all worrying :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
gullas at 4:17PM, May 27, 2011
(offline)
Rockeign
Most people don't wanna die and the world ending is a very big, unmistakable, “You gonna die”. That's basically it really.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
kyupol at 7:20PM, May 30, 2011
(online)
And now the latest crackpottery…

On 12-21-2012, earth will ascend into a higher vibrational plane. Then the ascended masters, Jesus, Galactic Federation, etc. are all gonna carry out some kind of blitzkrieg attack on the forces of the Illuminati and their Satanic Super Soldiers.

And then the worst of the worst… the antichrist and his top inner circle minions will burn in the lake of fire for all eternity after he will stand trial before some intergalactic council of benevolent ETs or something like that. Then the rest of anti-christ's minions will be shipped off to different planets or dimensions that could easily be “hell” but in proportion to each of their deeds after they all been judged.

And then what would happen to the rest of humanity?

Only those who are evolved enough will be alive. While the rest of the laggards (comprise 90+ percent of the world population) will be shipped off to other planets. And then the earth will have peace because only those who are evolved enough will be left behind on this newly ascended planet.

Then there will be no such thing as war, crime, rape, etc. We will all live happily ever after because only the more evolved type of human will exist on this planet. And then as a result, there will be highly improved technology. Technology that can probably allow you to upload your consciousness into a computer or anything the transhumanists love to talk about.

Now THAT is the most amusing crackpot end of the world theory I ever came across. I'm not gonna link the source of this crackpottery because I dont wanna give him free advertising cuz this guy is an arrogant asshole who I really dont like. (clue: At one time he said that Barry Soetoro is an ascended master… lol! )

It combines the Bible with New Age alienism, transhumanism, and social darwinism.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Ozoneocean at 3:30AM, May 31, 2011
(online)
Your world ends when you do :(
PIT_FACE
why do i care? i wanna know when to invest in my tromaesque/mad-max style bikini armor. that's how i buy my underwear, whatever goes good with a rocket launcher. preparedness.
Oh I Sooooo wanna see that ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Aurora Borealis at 4:59AM, May 31, 2011
(online)
Why do people care about when the world will end?

So that they can crack jokes about it on the next day after it didn't happen. :)

Also, I remember reading as a kid about an alien invasion fleet spotted in outer space that was supposed to reach us around 1997 or so.

I guess they were delayed along the way, maybe the main ship caught a flat tire or the space hamster in their engine died.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
bravo1102 at 5:38AM, May 31, 2011
(offline)
Aurora Borealis
Also, I remember reading as a kid about an alien invasion fleet spotted in outer space that was supposed to reach us around 1997 or so.

It happened, the story was told in the documentary Independence Day.

You're all just jealous that you're not one of those who is evolved enough to stay. Count St. Germain, the ascended master, told me you're all being shipped off to Rura Penthe and the Spice Mines of Kessel.

I'm only staying because someone has to clean the bathrooms and collect the trash.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon