Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Why don't I show up in "Just Arrived"?
JLG at 3:08PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
Right now, I'm on a once-a-week schedule, updating on Wednesdays. Sometimes, when I update, the strip does not appear in “Just Arrived” on the front page. I won't lie—I feel ripped off when this happens, as I feel like it robs me of my one fair shake at attracting attention for the week.
Does this ever happen to anyone else, and does anyone know why?

Sincerely,
Let-down Leonard

www.drunkduck.com/anecdote
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
JoeL_CQB at 9:13PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
because thousands of others update at the same time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
r3v3rend at 7:46AM, Jan. 28, 2010
(offline)
Dont quote me on this but I suspect the reason why you dont see yourself on the Just arrived column is because it is YOUR comic. Others might be able to see it, but because it's your submission, DD just sees that as silly to let you know what youve just done.
I also noticed that Im not showing up on there whenever I post, however my page views go up on those days.
Just a guess.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
JustNoPoint at 10:43AM, Jan. 28, 2010
(online)
Nah, you can see your own submissions. If you auto updated for the next day it got lost in a sea of uploads. But if you posted manually during the day it may just not have hit the front page. This bug has happened to me before on extremely rare cases.

I wait about 5 minutes and reupload to get my time to shine :3
Unless someone comments before then of course =D
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Dave7 at 4:45PM, Jan. 28, 2010
(online)
There's really no bug involved, it's just that people are constantly uploading and updating their pages, and like JustNoPoint said, if you use the auto-update feature (which updates around midnight of the “live” date), your doing it along with probably more than half of the rest of the DD community.

If you post at some other point during the day, your comic is more likely to show up. Based on what I've seen, and from what a friend of mine who has several comics on here has told me (and keep in mine that I could be wrong, what with timezone differences and all), the best time to post is probably mid-morning to early afternoon, since most people are at work or school and aren't working on their comics, but a good bit of them are still surfing the web.
Post your concerns about the preview page! Support raw html! http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics
]http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics

“That is not dead can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons death may die.”
~H.P. Lovecraft

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
ozoneocean at 8:35PM, Jan. 28, 2010
(online)
When the sever switch was completed on Monday/Tuesday, there was a problem with the new server time not matching that lthe old server, so automatic updates were affected.

The server time has since been updated, but as of yesterday when I tested it there is still an issue with automatic updates in that while they worked, your comic would NOT show as being updated in your faves list your Mycomics list or on your profile page. That means an automatically updated comic won't show on the front page or in the DD alerter either as being updated.

I've asked for a fix but have not heard back yet from Platinum programmers.

Please report issues and the details of your problem:

HERE

In detail please! Be specific :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Nergal at 10:37PM, Jan. 28, 2010
(offline)
If you're talking about right after you manually update then I know what you're talking about. I rarely auto update. It's a hiccup that's existed before the server move.

I'll see it on there right after I update and then when I refresh a couple of seconds later it is gone. All of the other comics that uploaded at the same time as me are still there and they have no more than one page updated so it's not like they're all replacing mine again by uploading more pages.

It just disappears sometimes. At first I thought it was filter against crappy comics but I'm pretty sure it's a glitch.

Like they mentioned just reupload your page to get back up there, unless of course you already got comics.

It's the only time I can get pageviews so I don't play around when it comes to getting on that list.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
ozoneocean at 11:38PM, Jan. 28, 2010
(online)
The automatic update issue I posted about has now been resolved.

–edit–
No it isn't.

Comic page update time is normal while the rest of DD is an hour or two slow. This is causing fuckups.

I'm locking this thread. Go here to report your issues so we can coordinate:

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?cid=229&tid=52227&pid=748368#748368

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved