Random Discussion

Why Internet Explorer is Better...
seventy2 at 6:44PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
the only thing i've ever had a problem with, is that i downloaded firefox, and then after that, i couldnt download anything anymore.

firefox uses 7kb less per open page on vista compared to ie.

that is all.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
the2ndredbaron at 3:50PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
well I got firefox and it sure is faster, but I can't watch any videos and i have to redownload all the plugins.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
ozoneocean at 6:30PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
Google ripped of the name off their browser from Firefox:
Chrome.
It's a Chrime! :)

Seriously. Forever that has been the name of the folder where the Firefox browser keeps its user configuration files (or whatever). It's the HEART of the thing. In fact the Chrome profile stuff goes all the way back through the years to when they were still Netscape and they still use it for their other browser products like Seamonkey.

For Google to rip that off was amazingly cheap and cheeky off them. And very, very deliberate, you can be sure. I wouldn't want a browser based off of the Apple Safari architecture anyway, I used to have enough miscellaneous trouble with Safari of Macs, why would I want that on a PC? It's not that it's a bad browser setup really, it's just that it tended to have security holes, was slower than other browsers to adopt new standards in coding etc, and plugin support was always more patchy.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Cthulhu at 8:21PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
Hey, I did the exact same thing when I had Internet Explorer!

:'D
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
ozoneocean at 8:45PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
It reminds me of that alien in The Abyss.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Nersop at 9:54PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(offline)
It would be so much more impressive if it wasn't just made from a shift-drag in MS Paint :\

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
tufftrev at 9:32AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
I was a hardcore Firefox user until it gave me a virus. I already knew Internet Explorer was the whore of web browsers, with her dead viruses and STDs.
Because in the end you just got to whoop some ass.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
pastel at 3:55AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Why don't more people use chrome? :o

I used to use Firefox… and still do for the rare occassion something won't work with google chrome. But it's such a dream~ Everything loads so fast and the design is so streamlined. My bookmarks and tabs are BAM, right there~ no wasted movements.

And they actually made the title bar useful by putting tabs up there. Gives me more room to view funny pictures of cats or whatever it is people use the internet for.

Some people complain about it being too blue, but the feeling goes away pretty quickly. In fact, lately I feel firefox is too dull in comparison. I'll have to download the chrome skin for it. >._> Also, macs smell.
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
Senshuu at 4:50AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(offline)
I'd like Chrome, except it has the exact same problems Safari has on my PC and loads pages slowly (I input a url, it starts downloading 30 seconds later, etc), and also lacks all the things I like about Firefox.

Also won't get rid of my “most visited pages” when I open a new tab, despite my telling it to give me a blank screen. :|

Safari isn't bad; it's just not Firefox. And it likes to crash a lot on my mac. (Actually, all browsers like to crash a lot on my mac.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
json at 7:08PM, Jan. 26, 2009
(online)
i got a fun little trojan file last night from a supposed “driver update” for my adobe reader…..

it changed the configuration of IE. i hadn't used IE in months, and all of a sudden i am getting notified that IE is trying to gain access through my firewall. i even got a nice little fake “windows update” notification telling me to run “antyspyware” programs. complete with nice little typos…..

needless to say, since IE is tied to microsoft's OS……it is now gone along with its little trojan buddy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
lba at 7:31PM, Jan. 26, 2009
(online)
I removed all traces of IE from my laptop ages as soon as I got the computer and downloaded Firefox. That sucker was taking almost a gig of ROM with all the added crap plugins and junk it tried to load when I started it up.

I've never liked much of anything about the Mac system so I pretty much skipped right over chrome. I can't imagine it being all that great when not a single person at my school can get safari to work and we all have firefox automatically downloaded for us right off the bat. And that's in a school which fanatically refuses to use anything but mac and only recently made it's servers halfway PC friendly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved