Debate and Discussion

Why sometimes we find peoples....who isn't exactly nice in the forums?
Insane Angelic at 11:11AM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
Do they like to cause trouble? Do they like to…disobey rules? Do they get a kick out of it?
I don't exactly understand them, but… My guess is that in their mind, no one can ‘actually’ Punish them- because all what they see…
Is merely words on a computer.
So they aren't afrend to do this because there's no one who's SHOWING up right in person- it's just internet, eh. A ban doesn't means much to them.

Some like to put down others people because it makes them feel…superieur, while the others is just plain mean to everone because they enjoyed this.

Now, for all thoses who read this and felt insulted, that isn't aimed at you. The goal of this topic is merely to discussion about understanding their…mind and act. So please don't flame here.

~Insane Angelic~
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
ozoneocean at 12:52PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
You're discussing forum trolls?

I think the point there is to disrupt order and get a laugh out of it. As for putting people down to feel superior yourself, that one's very easy, but not so fun unless the person you put down does it to others.
We generally try to keep things friendly on the forums. There are other reasons for people not to be nice though: boredom is one, but a person might also be having a bad day, or personal troubles at home, so you can't always judge a person by their forum behavior.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
ZeroVX at 12:55PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
Better post here before marine does…

Thank you, Angelic! I was wondering when someone was going to say something about this.

It's true, there are people on forums who are basically “trolls”(to use the proper term). Why they do it is probably to inflate their already oversized egos, much like a bully would do so at school.

Or they get a sexual charge out of it, but that's something else all together…

Unfortunately, you bring up an important point. They can't really be punished for it, because no one knows what they look like. And if they get banned, chances are they won't even care.

Though I can't think of that many on this forum. Can you?
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
Insane Angelic at 1:23PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
You're discussing forum trolls?

I think the point there is to disrupt order and get a laugh out of it. As for putting people down to feel superior yourself, that one's very easy, but not so fun unless the person you put down does it to others.
We generally try to keep things friendly on the forums. There are other reasons for people not to be nice though: boredom is one, but a person might also be having a bad day, or personal troubles at home, so you can't always judge a person by their forum behavior.

Yep. There's so many things… And the sad part is that we can't know the truth.
And ZeroVX, in my life I've seen quite lot of “Trolls” on various website. But here doesn't seems to be having that much of trolls, which is why I signed in here.

And i'm still new here, so i don't really know that much- so we shouldn't judge someone too fast or it'll backfire on us.

TheMidge28 at 3:16PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
May I ask for you to devulge of any specific instance?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:20PM
veritan at 4:21PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
It would be kind of hard to find such an instance. If anyone is especially rude on a forum, usually a mod will intervene.

Sometimes people will just be playing around. But their comments can be taken as rude, mostly because tone is hard to ascertain. About half of communication is body language, and when all we see are words, the message is up for interpretation. Those who may seem impolite to you could just be joking.

I don't think anyone should be offended by a forum, though. After all, it is merely words on a computer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:40PM
Phantom Penguin at 5:02PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
I think the reason people do it is because the internet is the ultimate freedom.
If someone is a small little geek in real life they can use the internet to act big.

Or maybe they are just a cock.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
ZeroVX at 5:40PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
veritan
It would be kind of hard to find such an instance. If anyone is especially rude on a forum, usually a mod will intervene.

Yeah, usually.

That's another problem. Half the time, the mods are as confused as everyone else about whether or not the insult or whatever was real. Therefore, they're not sure whether or not to intervene, which sometimes leads to the troll thinking that they can do what they want and get away with it.

Hopefully, that hasn't happened here.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
TnTComic at 5:44PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
I don't have a problem with people who are rude online. At the end of the day, what's it matter? I find it pretty sad that people get worked up at someone who's rude online. But what really bugs me is forums that disallow rudeness. God, that sticks in my craw. Makes me wonder how people would react to laws governing rudeness in the real world. As the expression goes, “don't feed the troll”. Personally, I enjoy a good argument, so I like to have the option to partake of one from time to time. But if rude people really bother you, why pay them any heed?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
ozoneocean at 6:15PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
veritan
I don't think anyone should be offended by a forum, though. After all, it is merely words on a computer.
Heh, a nice thought, but people are. You may as well say “No one should be offended by what people say to them, afterall, it's just words in the air.” Yeah, you see? Offence is offence, people will take it in any from, “words on a computer” doesn't make it less hurtful to them. :)

And the trouble with allowing rudeness in the forum is although that gives the rude person a sense of satisfaction, it makes the whole place look a little more unfriendly and uninviting. It encourages more nastiness and soon new people are scared to post. This does happen, it has happened here. That's why we're careful about it. The Debate and Discussion area is a place to come if you want a bit more rough and tumble, but still it's best to attack someone's ideas rather than the person espousing them.

Insane Angelic at 6:19PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
veritan

Sometimes people will just be playing around. But their comments can be taken as rude, mostly because tone is hard to ascertain. About half of communication is body language, and when all we see are words, the message is up for interpretation. Those who may seem impolite to you could just be joking.

The tone and body language is very important, as they allow one to interpreate their message. But here, all's merely words, and different people react different to a same sentence.

And TnTcomic, I wasn't talking about rudeness- sometimes it's good when used a little, but then it's too far, it's too far. What I was really talking about is people who spams, people who disobey the rules, and spends chaos on the forums.
TnTComic at 6:24PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
but still it's best to attack someone's ideas rather than the person espousing them.

Aw hell yeah. When someone attacks the person, instead of what they've posted, that person has just lost the argument.
subcultured at 6:54PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
heh
we used to have a lot of bad trolls but they've been banned.
some trolls who seem to like the community didn't troll as much so they can stay here

not naming names, but i'm happy that they've matured a little :)
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
TheMidge28 at 7:32PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
It has to be based on if you know the person or not.
If someone is being a douche and you don't know them it comes across rude and mean.
But I think people need to get to know people a little before actin' the fool!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:20PM
Pixie at 6:48AM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
The weirdest ones I've ever seen are not the ones who are just randomly rude or spam the forums, but the ones who argue constantly with the staff about the rules. It ticks me off.

Background: I moderate on another site, which is a forum-based (pbp) creative-writing rpg. I've come across countless people who want to argue with me about the rules - as if that will somehow change my mind! As if I can just magically change the rules to suit them. I worry that maybe these people were dropped on their heads as a child and aren't capable of understanding the cause—->effect relationship.

Particularly since most forums and sites are the same. The Terms of Service (rules, or TOS) are stated when you sign up, and the act of signing up is agreeing to them. So why do people then try to tell me, “the law in X country says I can do this!” or… “I don't agree your rules are stupid I won't follow them!” or, my favourite, “You can't ban me, I haven't done anything wrong!” after I've expressely, and in great detail, explained to them the rules which they've already agreed to, and the consequences of not following them.

Really, people, why? Why are you arguing with me? Do you think the rules don't apply to you? Do you honestly think you're going to win this argument? What possible consequence can you imagine might occur from this circumstance that is anything other than the consequence I've already explained will happen, ie, I'll ban you? Are you simply incapable of reading? Do you just not understand? WHY? >_<
Alaka-bwee-oop! Old school.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Aurora Moon at 9:45AM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
well, pixie… it could be that they are simply just immature kids, who are so used to having everything thier way that they couldn't even fathom having to actually follow the rules on a place on the internet.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
TnTComic at 10:48AM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
Pixie
Really, people, why? Why are you arguing with me? Do you think the rules don't apply to you? Do you honestly think you're going to win this argument? What possible consequence can you imagine might occur from this circumstance that is anything other than the consequence I've already explained will happen, ie, I'll ban you? Are you simply incapable of reading? Do you just not understand? WHY? >_<

Maybe they don't understand why you get bent out of shape about something as inconsequential as an internet forum. Man, there ain't nuttin' quite so annoying as a mod who has to assert his authority. The best mod is the one no one notices.
Aurora Moon at 12:52PM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
Pixie

Maybe they don't understand why you get bent out of shape about something as inconsequential as an internet forum. Man, there ain't nuttin' quite so annoying as a mod who has to assert his authority. The best mod is the one no one notices.

well.. maybe YOU should try running an forum, then. =P

I was a mod once too at another forum. It was a lot of responsibility to ensure that EVERYTHING was running smoothly, because there's a lot that goes on “behind the scenes” so to speak that the average INTERNET user probably wouldn't even realize was there. At times it's a lot of pressure too, especially when more than one person is asking you to settle certain matters, etc… for them regarding certain users that's been disturbing them. You HAVE to take both sides into condsersation, listen to all their whining and such…. and look at all the “evdience” that they may or may not have about the offending party. Otherwise you'll be called corrupt, biased, and every other name in the book. And even when you WERE fair, they might call you every name in the book anyway.

and in my experience, the mod that nobody notices is the worst kind, because then not only is that mod completely IGNORED, that mod isn't also taken seriously and tend to be walked all over like a floor-mat. that's basically a invitation for all the trolls and flamers to come flooding right in, completely MESSING UP EVERYTHING THAT YOU WORKED SO HARD TO MAINTAIN!! Then before you know it, everyone's leaving and the forum is no more.

So yes, being an mod can be A LOT OF WORK, espeically if you want to keep things nice the way they are… so is it any wonder why a mod might get a little testy if there's some asshole competely disregarding the hard work you put in a place?
Imagine an artist laboring for hours on end, taking days to fhinsh an masterpiece…. and then having some Jerkwad come up and go: “Wtf? this thing didn't look like it took days to fhinsh! It looks like a easy style to pull off. Here, let me show you my opinion of a masterpiece..” that jerkwad then procceeds to deface all his hard work!

That's how Mods and Admins feel when the effort, their passion into an place is being tainted and tampered with by trolls, flamers and such! It might just be a insignificant place on the net for some, but to THEM… it's THEIR place. Not so insignificant to them.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
TnTComic at 6:12PM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
well.. maybe YOU should try running an forum, then…

That's how Mods and Admins feel when the effort, their passion into an place is being tainted and tampered with by trolls, flamers and such! It might just be a insignificant place on the net for some, but to THEM… it's THEIR place. Not so insignificant to them.

I was a mod at Ctrl+alt+del for a few months in 2005, so I'm well acquainted with handling a shitload of people of varying post skill. As I said, if someone is a problem, you deal with them via private message, you delete or edit posts as necessary, and should the need arise, you ban. There is zero need to strut around in an attempt to assert your authority.
Pixie at 1:18AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
Wow, TnT, you're jumping to a lot of conclusions.

Yeah, the best way to deal with someone is privately and in PM. Which is what I always, bar none, do. Nobody on the boards I moderate at knows I have these problems with new players, because I never mention it. They barely see anything of what goes on behind the scenes, and that's fine.

All the staff know about it, though, because it's essential we stick together. Communication between staff is key to running a decent site.

It's got nothing to do with asserting my authority and everything to do with me being a mod at a small (we're talking 300 members max), specific (we're an online, creative-writing-based semi-freeform pbp rpg, how much more specific can you get?), privately owned, free website. The very nice dutch lady who owns our site has a simple rule which we apply to players - if we wouldn't invite you into our front room to play tabletop rpgs, if we dislike you that much… then we're not obliged to provide anything at all for you.

I don't think there's anything inconsequential about asking people to follow rules they've already agreed to follow by signing up. If I were to simply ignore the trangression, I've left the door open for everyone to disobey those rules and this could, longterm, actually change the rules of the site. I'm never prepared to do that, for two reasons: one, I'm not admin, I don't set the rules, I merely inforce them. Two, I'm not prepared to change the rules for people who simply yell at me “It's not FAIR!!!1!11!!!”

More to the point, at our style of site, for every player I allow to join I'm adding to our staff's workload. We're a semi-freeform creative-writing based rpg, as I mentioned, so mods have to post for all the players that are there. That's a lot of work, so I don't approve anyone who is going to be a drain on our small staff of volunteers. If they're a dick to me before they even get approved, I'm hardly going to let them in to be a dick to everyone else. Why should I?

I'm sorry, but your suggestion that I should simply ignore these people is, or that I'm somehow enforcing the rules for my own fun and entertainment is frankly, ignorant. And an argument I've heard from countless forum trolls, “you're only doing this because you want to abuse your own power!1!!111” Yeah, heard that one before. Was it true? Nope. Did it make any difference to him getting banned? Nope.
TnTComic at 3:58AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
Pixie
Yeah, the best way to deal with someone is privately and in PM. Which is what I always, bar none, do. Nobody on the boards I moderate at knows I have these problems with new players, because I never mention it. They barely see anything of what goes on behind the scenes, and that's fine…

Good.

Also, I never said to ignore people. I just said that there are 2 ways to moderate, one that is low-key, and one that is mod peacocking.
ozoneocean at 4:37AM, July 17, 2007
(online)
lol! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah… OK then.

One problem with disruptive users is not when they're being mean, but when they join in to incite a bad situation: When you already have a stampede and they decide to wade in and and shoot off just to fire things up more. That's really bad behavior. In those cases you have to first quell the excited mob to get some order back into things, then go after all the troublemakers individually. Not fun work but thankfully it doesn't happen very often.

In those cases a few examples can help prevent future blow-ups as well as show a large number what they did wrong: never be part of a stampede because you're part of the problem too.

The example thing is important in a large and active forum like this where many people don't read rules and lots of new people jump in without knowing the way. Because examples are the only way to teach them, and it helps reach the people who haven't done anything problematic yet as well. Only a fool spends all their time chasing up individuals after they've done things, the trick is to identify problems and take action to prevent more of the same happening; means less work all round. ;)

Ugh, banning people is always a last resort. We hate doing that here and it doesn't happen very often.

TnTComic at 4:43AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
If you say so. PvP has relied almost exclusively on locking threads for 2 years. People get the idea. One of the most popular webcomics out there, and they had only one mod for two years… and its one of the best webcomic forums out there. Specifically because of the invisible nature and deft touch of a good mod.
ozoneocean at 5:39AM, July 17, 2007
(online)
Oh I know so ;)
Experience has taught me. :)
Community forums are quite different to mere comic forums, unless the comic forum transcends the comic it's focused on like some do. Heh, a forum like this one is like a community forum plus many comic forums all welded together. And as I say, with many new users every day you don't want to have to always be dealing with every problem individually constantly -although there are a lot of things we have to cope all the time quietly…

Heh, locking? It's better if you can make it such that people don't even make lockable threads in the first place. And then there's nothing worse than faceless authority, secretly coming along and locking threads all the time, leaving people to guess why… That's just lazy, rude, and unhelpful. That said, when we do lock a thread here without saying why it's usually just spam- and it's pretty rare that we'd not say why. But just locking a lot even with saying why makes a place look nasty and cold, like any post you make is stepping on eggshells… :(

But then what drives someone to want to push and challenge anyway? Like Pixie says, the rules and agreements are all part of the deal… Is it ignorance? Stubbornness? Bruised pride? Peevishness? Personally I don't know, maybe a mixture? Heh, from my position I just want people to move on, learn from past experience and join in with he forum fun, but from the other side, maybe it's more fun to keep at it? Either way, it's all part of the deal in forum management and you cope with many similar cases every week so you get used to it.

Sub's point is my fave: the trolls that move on. They can become some of the best users, this is why banning is undesirable.

Pixie at 7:05AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
The example thing is important in a large and active forum like this where many people don't read rules and lots of new people jump in without knowing the way. Because examples are the only way to teach them, and it helps reach the people who haven't done anything problematic yet as well. Only a fool spends all their time chasing up individuals after they've done things, the trick is to identify problems and take action to prevent more of the same happening; means less work all round.

I guess I'm kinda lucky in this sense. The site I moderate at, being a roleplaying forum, requires players to make a character sheet first. And if that character sheet doesn't pass muster, they don't get approved to post on the bulk of our forums. They pretty much have to be halfway intelligent human beings before they get in! That way we generally catch out idiots, trolls and spammers before they even get near most of our material. We filter ‘em out. ;)

But that’s a small forum, and it's a ridiculously specific one. Bigger forums with a wider appeal like DD have different ways of doing things, of course. :)
TnTComic at 7:16AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
But then what drives someone to want to push and challenge anyway? Like Pixie says, the rules and agreements are all part of the deal… Is it ignorance? Stubbornness? Bruised pride? Peevishness? Personally I don't know, maybe a mixture?

Jeez, man, maybe its just a desire for change. My point is that mods and admins are not above the people who post on the forums, and that its a pain in the ass and detracts from the quality of a forum when they act like they are. Overpowering mods and admins are horrible for the growth of a forum. Hell, I have to chastise my mods from time to time when it looks like they're pickin' on a noob just for the fuck of it, simply because its not healthy for the forum.
marine at 9:43AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
A lot of people don't like me, but a lot do. I actually had an administrator (not going to name names) tell me that I was like an unofficial bug tester, because I always seem to find holes and ways to do little pranks. Shows them what they need to fix, I get a big laugh (and so did they), I get scolded and retread back to whatever corner of the internet I'm hiding on. Although I've under extended myself now, I'm almost exclusively on here.

For example of a fix: Did you know that .swf format was usable for user avatars? Not anymore thanks to me! I'm surprised someone else didn't do that. One of my funniest pranks I pulled had me yelling and sounding like those white guys that want to be “gangsta” about how everybody should be reading my comic and how other comics aren't good compared to mine. You take one look at my comic and hear the way I actually sound and if you can't note the sarcasm or irony of those statements, then you're in need of a new sarcasm detector. Plus it was just regularly funny to hear me talk like that and be silly. It was all done as a joke, free publicity for me, showed them what needed fixed, etc etc. I keep my eyes open, watching for other ways to be funny around here. So keep your stuff together guys.

Usually when I get scolded on forums, I don't take it lying down. I always want to argue my point, especially if I'm feeling in character and need something funny to post as a news update. Most times now I came up with the idea of “what if instead of posting the appropriate emotional response, I posted a funny picture?” on top of that I can come up with some hilarious jokes. I had a good one for just the other day, didn't post it. I let it slip once or twice elsewhere, but if the person ever heard that one I'd feel awful about it. I'm sure they wouldn't take it the wrong way, since it is hilarious, but its just such a touchy subject I won't comment on it. When I speak, I usually have my tongue firmly in my cheek and imagine using the most hilarious and annoying voice that I can.

Often I have a radar for finding less desirables, or rather, they find me. Usually I tell them NOT to do stuff, but they never listen to me and end up banned. Really, I'm not such a bad guy. I just come off like that a lot of the time to sell my “internet tough guy” image. I always feel like I not only have to be the funniest guy, but I've got to put out a crazy persona as well. Not that I'm crazy or the funniest guy around, but still, gotta sell that image.

Also if I ever met people from the internet that talked shit to me, I'd punch them in the mouth. I wouldn't just walk up and say “Hey remember me from the internet!” I'd be civil about it and try to talk to them, but if I detected sarcasm or a condescending tone, thats a busted lip for sure.

I'm too bitter and down to really pull anything great. All my energy has gone into making penis the best bad web comic it can be, and I think its paying off. I've put a lot of effort into it and developing extra content for my site (something others on Drunk Duck have yet to steal from me) and I wish I had the time like I used to. I used to go around and read every bodies stuff. Every thread in the plug forum, I'd check out and see what they brought to the table. Now I usually give a glance at their artwork and maybe read a balloon or two, read authors comments, leave my comment, and be gone to the next comic. But I'll get my confidence back to where I was just a little over a year ago.

subcultured
heh
we used to have a lot of bad trolls but they've been banned.
some trolls who seem to like the community didn't troll as much so they can stay here

not naming names, but i'm happy that they've matured a little :)

:( I hope thats not me you're talking aboot. I'm a vulgar, disgusting, and generally creepy dude, but thats just how I am I guess. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything like that, it just happens that way. Thats just how I get a laugh. I always laugh the hardest at my own “works”, and anyone else laughing is just icing on the cake.

So yeah, anybody got a problem with me and want to meet me at a convention? I'll bring some boxing gloves we can spar a few rounds in the parking lot. It'll be a great publicity stunt if nothing else. Not illegal to fight someone with their consent, right?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Insane Angelic at 10:17AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
I'd think the title of this thread would be offensive to deaf people.

Exxxxcccuuussseee meeeee. It's not offensive- I'm a deaf person, I created this topic, and I don't see anything who would offensive a deaf person because it's not AIMED at deafness. I read the post of each user, and no are aimed at deaf people.

Please stay on the subject, 'kay? Thank you. Excuse my rudeness if I sounded like it.

Someone
I was a mod once too at another forum. It was a lot of responsibility to ensure that EVERYTHING was running smoothly, because there's a lot that goes on “behind the scenes” so to speak that the average INTERNET user probably wouldn't even realize was there. At times it's a lot of pressure too, especially when more than one person is asking you to settle certain matters, etc… for them regarding certain users that's been disturbing them. You HAVE to take both sides into condsersation, listen to all their whining and such…. and look at all the “evdience” that they may or may not have about the offending party. Otherwise you'll be called corrupt, biased, and every other name in the book. And even when you WERE fair, they might call you every name in the book anyway.

and in my experience, the mod that nobody notices is the worst kind, because then not only is that mod completely IGNORED, that mod isn't also taken seriously and tend to be walked all over like a floor-mat. that's basically a invitation for all the trolls and flamers to come flooding right in, completely MESSING UP EVERYTHING THAT YOU WORKED SO HARD TO MAINTAIN!! Then before you know it, everyone's leaving and the forum is no more.

So yes, being an mod can be A LOT OF WORK, espeically if you want to keep things nice the way they are… so is it any wonder why a mod might get a little testy if there's some asshole competely disregarding the hard work you put in a place?
Imagine an artist laboring for hours on end, taking days to fhinsh an masterpiece…. and then having some Jerkwad come up and go: “Wtf? this thing didn't look like it took days to fhinsh! It looks like a easy style to pull off. Here, let me show you my opinion of a masterpiece..” that jerkwad then procceeds to deface all his hard work!

Think about it. Mods and Admins are like polices. If the polices did it your way, TnTcomic, what will become of our world?
The idea is nice, but in ordor to have some order, everone must know there's a responable person ready to protect the forums. Like.. let's see, people driving car can speeding. But if a police car is there, they'll SLOW down.

Yeah, people tends to be more respectful when they know a mod or a admin is around and is in charge.

That, of course, is only my opition- different people have different ways. I'm not critiqing your way. I'm just telling what I'm thinking.
TnTComic at 10:22AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
Insane Angelic
TnTComic

Exxxxcccuuussseee meeeee. It's not offensive- I'm a deaf person, I created this topic, and I don't see anything who would offensive a deaf person because it's not AIMED at deafness. I read the post of each user, and no are aimed at deaf people.

My bad, I posted that in the wrong thread. I meant the title “Listen to a deaf's Ranting”.

Insane Angelic
Think about it. Mods and Admins are like polices. If the polices did it your way, TnTcomic, what will become of our world?
The idea is nice, but in ordor to have some order, everone must know there's a responable person ready to protect the forums. Like.. let's see, people driving car can speeding. But if a police car is there, they'll SLOW down.

Funny, you bring up the perfect example to back up my logic. People obey the law because they know police are there in the event that they break the law, NOT because a cop is always there looking over their shoulder. Police DO do it my way, Insane. They respond anonymously and clean up a mess.
Insane Angelic at 3:21PM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
Insane Angelic
TnTComic

My bad, I posted that in the wrong thread. I meant the title “Listen to a deaf's Ranting”.

Insane Angelic

Funny, you bring up the perfect example to back up my logic. People obey the law because they know police are there in the event that they break the law, NOT because a cop is always there looking over their shoulder. Police DO do it my way, Insane. They respond anonymously and clean up a mess.

Ah… okay. For your first thing, I don't think it'll offensif a deaf person because basically, it's like saying, ‘I am deaf and I am ranting’.

And now on the topic. I think I may have sentenced my idea wrong- Well. I do it mostly of the time. My logic in my last post did backed your logic, but that's not exatly what I mean.

What I meaned is that there's always someone who thinks they CAN get away with it- or who doesn't care if police are there or not- they'll do it anyways. That's a bit like the ‘trolls’ here- they don't care about who's in the charge. And in their Head, if no police are there, then no one can arrest him/her.

And most of the people obeyed because that's ABOUT the real life- if it happeneds, they'll be most likely to be put in prison. But in here, that doesn't happens. So there. Because if there's no prison….

Then the things will be the same like on the forums.

And police aren't exactly ‘anonymous’ with their cloths, their cars!- Expect for the ‘FBI’ and that stuff. And a police's job is not to clean up a mess- but to stop it from happening.

Man, I've ranted on again…and probably sounded rude. I'll stop here before I cause any trouble…

TnTcomic, you're right, but you're not completely right. Sometimes a person of power must show up in order to have ORDOR!

…..This time, I'll stop here.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved