Debate and Discussion

Why sometimes we find peoples....who isn't exactly nice in the forums?
Cthulhu at 5:00PM, July 17, 2007
(online)
Well everywhere ya go, you meet nice people, and some not nice people. Luckily, on our lil' corner in cyber-space, most people here are nice. I'd say, out of the probably 10,000-ish forum-active people we got here, less than 10 are “trolls”. But most of the trolling is limited to the Top Drawer, and trust me, don't go there if you don't like getting insulted… Even the mods, and Admins can throw around an insult or two there…

But like I said, for the most part, this place is a really friendly forum.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:57AM
TheMidge28 at 5:20PM, July 17, 2007
(online)
Cthulhu
Well everywhere ya go, you meet nice people, and some not nice people. Luckily, on our lil' corner in cyber-space, most people here are nice. I'd say, out of the probably 10,000-ish forum-active people we got here, less than 10 are “trolls”. But most of the trolling is limited to the Top Drawer, and trust me, don't go there if you don't like getting insulted… Even the mods, and Admins can throw around an insult or two there…

But like I said, for the most part, this place is a really friendly forum.
I'd agree. I have been welcomed and have some really cool people and I have only been on here since the 5th of this month. Now if you really want to get slammed play a rousing game of “^” or “Banned” in the games forum!!! You will feel small when your done there…Right Cthulhu?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:20PM
kitsunesan at 5:55AM, July 19, 2007
(online)
I think that is one type of scapism, when you sit on a computer with an avatar or alias, you can be wathver you want to be, so you change your attitude to please others, or to please yourself….example, if someone is bullied in school, or if someone, is passive in real life, sometimes it can degenerate a habit to act like the “bad guy”, but that are only poses…the internet can be dangerous, cuz it can help you scape reality, of your acts ….unnmmm…or something like that n.n
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Kohdok at 8:27AM, July 20, 2007
(online)
If you want a forum that's full of strife with at least half the members being trolls, try the 4-kids forums. They're a total mockery of what a forum should be, just like their dubs are a total mockery of what the anime should be. Cartoons aren't the only thing they've done wrong. They need to hire more moderators and allow Private Messaging… and allow post editing and a search function (Along with encouraging it). and so many other things. I joined when it first started and the posters were mature and friendly until all those 10-year-olds out there who've got a bone to pick figured out how to use the internet. They do absolutely nothing about trolls and flame-wars. It pisses me off, especially since I helped them out early on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
muridiana at 2:52PM, July 27, 2007
(offline)

I hope you guys dont mind me adding my bit tot his as im new.

But anyway this bad people v mods on forums has always been a bit of a bane for me as well, the better examples are chat rooms for example yahoo and the like had no mods or hosts what so ever and became a utter sesspit of all the worse aspects of the net. So some people that say we don't need controllers or mods are wrong, I used tot hink the same leave people to it, we don't need no one telling us what to do and so on. Then you realise everythings falling apart, I am just using a general viewpoint here.

Basicly every site needs some control, now on to how? Well I find the best mods are the reasonable ones, the oens that will say ok you make a mistake and don't take it thurther unless you do something nasty on purpose. I mean ive seen sites where you can be banned for typos! and not rude ones either just punctuation and so on and it wassn't even a writing website. So basicly there needs to be a equalibrium, sometimes just talking to trolls brings them around other times it don't.

Now the big question why has pretty much been covered and I see it on games like UT2004, the big I am syndrome basicly they do it because they can.
I told you It was broken, but would you listen? Oh no, now look where we are…it's……so….pretty….hey! We are dead!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved