Help, Support and Suggestions

Why was my entire comic deleted?
Ipsilono at 4:59PM, Feb. 17, 2010
(offline)
From what I can tell, I'm having exactly the same issue as this person. I created a new comic a few days ago, I barely even had the chance to edit the layout, and I didn't even upload a single real page, and yet almost immediately the entire comic vanished. It is no longer listed under my account, typing its URL only returns a blank page, and I cannot create it again under the same name.

The other person in the post I linked believes this is some strange glitch… I don't know if it's that or if I unknowingly violated some rule and an admin removed my site. As far as I know, I did absolutely nothing wrong. I've been trying for days to contact somebody who can tell me the reason why this happened, but to no avail, so now I'm posting here. If my site was purposely removed, I would like to find out the reason, or if it was deleted by mistake, I'd like it restored or at least be allowed to create it again under the same name.

I don't believe I'm asking too much, but so far I've been ignored or otherwise failed to contact anyone who can help or give me an answer. This post is my last ditch effort. Please help, much appreciated, thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ozoneocean at 5:09PM, Feb. 17, 2010
(online)
The Admins are SKoolmunkee and I. Links to our profiles are at the bottom of the forums.
-if you sent a PQ to us when your comic vanished then your PQ probably vanished too.

This news post sort of explains the situation:
http://www.drunkduck.com/news/news_archive.php?story=765
and this thread in this very forum here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=52449&cid=229

Your comic wasn't deleted deliberately deleted. It was a casualty of the work that the programmer was doing on the site. We're very, very sorry that is happened and I'd hope that you could recreate your comic again on the site for us.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Ipsilono at 6:25PM, Feb. 17, 2010
(offline)
Thank you very much for clearing that up! It puts my mind at ease, but it doesn't really resolve what I want to do, which is be able to create my comic again using the exact same name as before (I guess the name is still in memory, even though the comic isn't really there, so I can't use it again). Is there any chance that could fix itself soon, or should I just try creating again and just use a slightly different name?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ozoneocean at 8:42PM, Feb. 17, 2010
(online)
Your best bet would be to use a slightly different name.

I can't do anything about getting the old name out of the database and the programmer is up to his elbows in setting the store up and at the best of times we can't really rely on him to fix individual user issues…

So unfortunately that is your best option- slightly altered name. :(
Very, very sorry for this horrible mess up!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
skoolmunkee at 6:23AM, Feb. 18, 2010
(online)
Actually the programmer says he should be able to fix this up. He needs to know the name of the comic you're trying to make, though. (I will PQ you also)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
captainclover at 3:14PM, Feb. 18, 2010
(offline)
Ipsilono
From what I can tell, I'm having exactly the same issue as this person. I created a new comic a few days ago, I barely even had the chance to edit the layout, and I didn't even upload a single real page, and yet almost immediately the entire comic vanished. It is no longer listed under my account, typing its URL only returns a blank page, and I cannot create it again under the same name.

The other person in the post I linked believes this is some strange glitch… I don't know if it's that or if I unknowingly violated some rule and an admin removed my site. As far as I know, I did absolutely nothing wrong. I've been trying for days to contact somebody who can tell me the reason why this happened, but to no avail, so now I'm posting here. If my site was purposely removed, I would like to find out the reason, or if it was deleted by mistake, I'd like it restored or at least be allowed to create it again under the same name.

I don't believe I'm asking too much, but so far I've been ignored or otherwise failed to contact anyone who can help or give me an answer. This post is my last ditch effort. Please help, much appreciated, thanks.

this same thing happened to me, lol. 3 times actually. it wouldn't let me use the same name, but it would let me use different variations of capitalization. and oddly enough, regardless of how i capitalized, “like this” or “Like This” or “like THIS”, when it came to the URL, all capitalizations lead to the same site so it didn't really matter.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved