Debate and Discussion

Will Human-Animal Hybrids Destory Us All ?
Chameloncholic at 3:21AM, Feb. 1, 2006
(online)
Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research: human cloning in all its forms, creating or implanting embryos for experiments, creating human-animal hybrids, and buying, selling, or patenting human embryos.

I for one welcome our new human-animal hybrid overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Internet personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Aussie_kid at 4:30AM, Feb. 1, 2006
(online)
Chameloncholic
Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research: human cloning in all its forms, creating or implanting embryos for experiments, creating human-animal hybrids, and buying, selling, or patenting human embryos.

I for one welcome our new human-animal hybrid overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Internet personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
Oh, you and your evil Hybrid overlords.

Seriously, transfer my soul into one of them. I wanna be a griffon thing, or something that makes me look like an angel/demon. I just want wings and super strength. Then I could be a super hero and do comics about my life
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Gibbo at 5:32AM, Feb. 1, 2006
(offline)
Real life anthro… intense O_o
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
Ian Jay at 1:48PM, Feb. 1, 2006
(offline)
Gibbo
Real life anthro… intense O_o

Well, it had to happen eventually. Those lonely, lonely scientists…

I don't think these hybrid things will destroy us all– in fact, if things work out, they might save lives by growing human organs for transplanting while routing the creepy “organ-harvest human clone” scenarios popularized by movies like The Island– but I do think it'll be something that we'll eventually look back on a few years from now and exclaim, "Dude, what were we thinking?"

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Gibbo at 2:32PM, Feb. 1, 2006
(offline)
Somehow I don't think human/animal rights groups would be clapping their hands in excitement about the prospect >_>
Terminal at 4:35PM, Feb. 1, 2006
(online)
Yes. Yes they will.

On the bright side, there`s probably gonna be a horse drinking coffee somewhere, or a pig eating bacon. Yeah. Oh Yeah

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Ronson at 4:53PM, Feb. 1, 2006
(online)
I have to think that line was specifically added to ring some sort of chord with his base. It's like a secret code word that means “I'm crazy like you … but I'm in charge so it's okay.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
Squeegee at 4:04PM, Feb. 4, 2006
(offline)
I'm 100% certain if they cloned humans and animals together, we would eventually eat them anyway. And Burger King would finally have the missing link to attract that key demographic no burger joint can; the cannibal.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
Ian Jay at 8:16PM, Feb. 4, 2006
(offline)
The Burger King Advertising Execs
Have It Your Way– At The Expense Of Someone Else

The Burger King King

~IJ
Mazoo at 9:07PM, Feb. 4, 2006
(offline)
Ian Jay
The Burger King Advertising Execs
Have It Your Way– At The Expense Of Someone Else

The Burger King King

~IJ

But then McDonald's would come in some way that would make their food even more addictive (because cannibalism is SO going to catch on) and then America will become even more obese!

And you know what that means…

more lawsuits!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Ronson at 9:32PM, Feb. 4, 2006
(online)
(ripped from Futurama…)

CUSTOMER: How good is the human/cow burger?

CASHIER: It varies from person to person.
Squeegee at 1:47PM, Feb. 6, 2006
(offline)
I just can't wait until human-animal hybrid civil rights start defining the civil liberties shared betwixt themselves after the first spotted animal gets stoned by a striped person, and the whole nation goes down-hill from there.

Then they'll have to ratify human cloning to attempt the second coming of our lord and emancipator Abe Lincoln.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
Gibbo at 3:07PM, Feb. 6, 2006
(offline)
Jadedwinter71
If I EVER see a human cat person I will kill it on site. (same goes for wolf humans)

Wow.. that's, uh… rather extreme! O_o

Had a bad experience with a cat attacking you or summin? :P
Ronson at 5:31PM, Feb. 6, 2006
(online)
Here are the questions you should think about before taking a stand:

1. Years ago, an experimental surgery replacing a human heart with a baboon heart. What do you think? Unholy hybrid, or extending the life of someone at the expense of an animal?

2. The argumet for human/animal hybrids are to create animals with a closer DNA structure to ourselves so that drugs can be better tested on them with far more precise results.

3. If a human organ could be grown on an animal and extend someone's life, where does that lie? Would you see your friend/relative die when they could be saved with this surgery?

I personally don't like animal testing. But I'm not blind to the fact that more than a few drugs that extend the life of my loved ones are the direct result of this testing.

Also, remember that today's normal medicine is yesterday's ACT AGAINST NATURE.
Chameloncholic at 11:17PM, Feb. 6, 2006
(online)
To debate with Yee!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
mykill at 11:54PM, Feb. 6, 2006
(online)
medicine and superbabies. That's why animal human crossbreeds are inevitable.

Medicine: testing animals for drugs and medical practices to later be tried on humans is impractical, as is testing humans: the solution is an animal closer to human so the testing is relevant.

Superbabies: The world is flat. If anywhere in the world it's legal to genetically engineer children for physical and mental performance - everyone else on the planet becomes a second class employee. In this world do you, or do you not want to have YOUR child similarly genetically engineered for heath and physical and mental performance? If you don't, do you expect your neighbor to arrive at the same conclusion?

The art of pushing the envelope genetically will inevitably take a look at other species for how to best optimize our own.

After everyone is genetically engineered, we'll engineer cats to talk and have opposable thumbs.

I admit I'm indulging a slippery slope argument based on conjecture. But the hypothetical is a legitimate liklihood.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
ccs1989 at 12:31PM, Feb. 7, 2006
(online)
Well y'know, I was really doubting Bush's positions on key issues, but now that I know he's against this human animal hybrid stuff he totally had my support! I mean, we're all worried about atomic bombs! But what if one of them terrorists got their hands on a griffin or something, huh? Yeah. You liberals wouldn't be all high and mighty then, with your ‘but it was the griffin’s choice to be *AUUGH MY EYES JUST GOT RIPPED OUT BY IT'S TALONS*!!!"

So yeah, with this kind of threat on the horizon I say we let Bush go for another few terms. I mean, who else is gonna protect us from this new kind of terror? I for one don't want to see people running around with wings or stuff like that.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
ccs1989 at 1:49PM, Feb. 7, 2006
(online)
Not if they equipped themselves with metal scales. The bullets'd fly right off.

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
mykill at 2:05PM, Feb. 7, 2006
(online)
What if George Bush is intentionally feeding world terrorism and was partly responsible for 9/11 because he understood a terrorized people would elect him, a ‘hawk’, into public office?

After laying that bomb: The twin towers could not have been destroyed by fire, scientifically the only possible explanation is that bombs had been litterred throughout the twin towers before the planes hit.

The Pentagon could not have been hit by a passenger plane - there wasn't enough wreckage, not enough people heard or saw the event (If you live near an airport, you'd realize hundreds of thousands of people must have at least heard it).

George Bush jr. has been backed by Saudi royalty all his life, Osama Bin Laden had a close relationship with George Bush Sr (who provided him training and weaons to war with Soviets), and immediatly after 9/11, George Bush jr. allowwed all Bin Ladens leave the country no questions asked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
zactheninja at 2:16PM, Feb. 7, 2006
(online)
The Ninja Turtles were human hybrids, and I for one stand firmly in the belief that the ninja turtles are all good.

I don't know why we're researching this, however. We already know the secret to hybrid animal whatever. Get a vat of radioactive green and spill it on the animal of choice, and WHAMMO. There you go.

I also think that we should breed humans to repair animal parts.
And Vice versa.

That way it's a whole circle of life simba thing.

And if there were terrorist animals, we'd have the whole entire southern united states to take care of them. It's Hybrid season, ya'll.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
ccs1989 at 2:49PM, Feb. 7, 2006
(online)
mykill
What if George Bush is intentionally feeding world terrorism and was partly responsible for 9/11 because he understood a terrorized people would elect him, a ‘hawk’, into public office?

After laying that bomb: The twin towers could not have been destroyed by fire, scientifically the only possible explanation is that bombs had been litterred throughout the twin towers before the planes hit.

The Pentagon could not have been hit by a passenger plane - there wasn't enough wreckage, not enough people heard or saw the event (If you live near an airport, you'd realize hundreds of thousands of people must have at least heard it).

George Bush jr. has been backed by Saudi royalty all his life, Osama Bin Laden had a close relationship with George Bush Sr (who provided him training and weaons to war with Soviets), and immediatly after 9/11, George Bush jr. allowwed all Bin Ladens leave the country no questions asked.

Your pesky scientifically backed know-how about specific events pretaining to and of situations deemed suitable only for propaganda purposes to inflame public opinions against threats which cannot be seen defeats the purpose of the propoaganda events!

YARR!

Aurora Moon at 4:05PM, Feb. 7, 2006
(offline)
I'm all for this!

I want rainbow wings and have super strength!

I don't care what other people say about hybrids, they're still HUMAN!! or at least half human anyway.

it's irrational to hate the animal part and completely ignore the human part of the hybrid.

it's one thing to protest against it if the creatures were created from scratch or used on unconsenting people, but what about humans who volunteered to do this?

come on man, it's everyone choice to become altered if they want to be.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Ronson at 4:25PM, Feb. 7, 2006
(online)
mykill

Has someone been watching “Loose Change”? ;)
Mike_G at 6:01PM, Feb. 7, 2006
(offline)
I think a big problem, possibly the biggest problem, is morality. People are different enough as it is, so making us a little more different shouldn't be a big deal, right?(body modification isn't a new concept, people)…but it is!!?! OhEmJeeDubyaTeeEff! And most people don't even know why, they just assume based on long standing belief. Nothing wrong with that, it keeps us from accepting things at face value. Check out the “grey sludge” theory that arose from nanotech, we're messing with serious stuff here.

So when I say it's a problem of morality, I mean that our collective ability to handle the unknown hasn't caught up with out ability to tamper with it in this case. That's probably a “Good Thing™” considering the waves of histeria the meer thought evokes. Still, the benefits of hybridization stretch _far_ beyond the visual and readily apperant. Chances are, many of our current medical abilities stem from just that. All I mean is we have to accept the possible, then debate it's value and merit.

…and I wanna have wings too :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Ian Jay at 12:21PM, Feb. 8, 2006
(offline)
Mike_G
All I mean is we have to accept the possible, then debate it's value and merit.

…and I wanna have wings too :)

I don't know. This puts us in a situation not unlike the Danish scientists in Reptilicus: Is it a good idea to grow this monster without considering and preparing for the ramifications beforehand? (Physical, psychological and ethical.)

And how, exactly, would you manage to work a pair of wings? First of all, they'd have to be freakin' huge for you to be able to fly, and second of all, they'd be like an extra pair of limbs on your body. Six limbs. Do you want to worry about that?

~IJ
Mike_G at 1:24PM, Feb. 8, 2006
(offline)
Heh. Yeah, the muscle structure alone would double your body weight.

Not saying we should just jump in with both feet, but atleast one person has dismissed the whole idea out of hand. I'm sure a few (mad) scientists would have to be eaten by their pets before things settled down…“No Chimpie! Pencils and beakers arn't used for that!! Code 9! Code 9!” *deathgurgles* ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Miruku at 3:34PM, Feb. 8, 2006
(online)
ccs1989
Not if they equipped themselves with metal scales. The bullets'd fly right off.

You know, these things don't really sound like the greatest of flyers, anyway, from what I gather. Are you sure you want to be strapping loads of armor on them? …especially if, you know, a large portion of their number includes willing volunteers from DD?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
ccs1989 at 5:47PM, Feb. 8, 2006
(online)
Well of course we'd genetically engineer jet packs to their backs as well. The wings'd just be for show. But of course then the metal scales would heat up really fast….

But they'd have a coating on the scales. To repel heat. Yeah.

Miruku at 7:34PM, Feb. 8, 2006
(online)
Why are they so much smarter than us, now? Wouldn't all the blood be going to those freaky huge wings?

……and wouldn't they just make a lighter metal, so they wouldn't have to add all that extra stuff….?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
ozoneocean at 9:02PM, Feb. 8, 2006
(online)
This reminds me of that episode of sealab 2021 where they talk about putting your brain in a robot body…
That was brilliant :-D

It sounds like you all want to end up like creatures in Sandy's Zylonian Knights. Only in colour.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved