Help, Support and Suggestions

Will this work? Page updating question
LOOKIS at 7:35AM, Jan. 10, 2010
(offline)
Let's say you have been uploading a page every day and now you want to go back and insert a page BETWEEN two pages that have already displayed live.

If the two pages went live on Jan 6th and Jan 7th, can you now upload a page today on Jan 10th with a Go Live date in the past like Jan 6th?

Will that page appear in the correct next-previous sequence? In other words, between the Jan 6th and Jan 7th pages when you use the next-previous buttons?

If that will work, then should you set a page to go live on Jan 6th or Jan 7th to make it fall between them?
………………. LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK …………………
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
ozoneocean at 8:15AM, Jan. 10, 2010
(online)
You could try it :)

If you back date an update I think it'll probably just mess up your navigation.
The best way to do what you're talking about is just to update the page now and then move it to the right place using the page view system. That can take ages if you have a lot of pages, but it's reliable.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
LOOKIS at 4:09PM, Jan. 10, 2010
(offline)
Thanks! From reading the controls I got the impression that the up and down arrows (if that's what you mean) just changed the position of a page on the page list but didn't affect the page's actual order in the next/previous display. That didn't make sense to me, as why would you just want to do that? But you are saying that it WILL change the order, so I'll try that. :)
………………. LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK …………………
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved