DARKNES at 3:44PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(offline)
Come on tell me what ye think of witchcraft
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Inkmonkey at 5:22PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
DARKNES

I don't think much of it at all, really. Never seen anything that would lead me to believe in it. It's particularly jarring in that the people who claim to have the most fantastic powers are also the ones who absolutely refuse to show anyone their powers, and in fact get offended at the very suggestion.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
kyupol at 5:23PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
I think its dangerous stuff. You gotta be careful or else.

You don't know who you'd be “channeling” with that ouija board. At least thats what I've learned based on reading various accounts of people who claimed to be messing around with that stuff.

There's always gonna be demons masquerading as light beings / angels (some say that demons are actually reptoids who can shapeshift, therefore deceiving your perception of them). They might be saying good things that make you go “omg!!! This is so cool!” But in reality, it is breaking down your ability to think critically, making you much more easier to possess or control and manipulate. You think that isn't possible? Look at Nazi Germany and Communism. People initially thought that those ideologies are awesome but look what happened.

That's why I'm wary of all this “new age”/witch stuff. Most of the time, they sound like communist New World Order propaganda to me. Think about it.
- alleged advanced alien planets live under one world government
- alleged advanced alien civilizations live under a distribution system where everyone gets food, clothing, and shelter. Because there is love. Because there's no more evil capitalist pig system of money. Because capitalism is what corrupts the mind of man and enslaves the people.
- Puts itself as a third option. Denounces secularism and organized religion as “backward”. Sounds reasonable but if you look deeper into it, its pushing the same agenda.
- sometimes there's an admission of the evil conspiracy of the illuminati. But then again, you just have to wait for the Galactic Federation headed by Jesus Christ to come down and save you. As they apparently have 1000 ships around planet earth. You have a savior outside of you. You are nothing. Get it?!?

I wonder why there's so many people claiming to have contact with St. Michael and Jesus Christ. Do you honestly think those beings would directly talk to you? Who do you think you are?

Also there's stories of people who got addicted to the ouija board. It becomes like a drug. You can't make a day pass without fooling around with it. And then the addict suddenly gets negative thoughts inserted into his/her head. It becomes like an inner voice telling you to hate hate hate kill kill kill or commit suicide.

And then the addicts end up in a mental hospital or in prison or both. Because they've gone insane.

Then there's also stories I've read of people doing astral travel and inducing out of body experiences. Some people claim that they've been attacked by beings that are reptilian in appearance.

And the most frightening of all are the ones about demons asking your SOUL in return for giving you psychic powers. Do you think your soul is worth it?

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” - Mark 8:36 -

—-
So in short, I don't trust them. While some of the things they say are true, there is always a hidden agenda. Watch out for the conspiracy within the conspiracy.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Chernobog at 5:43PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(offline)
I guess you can file me under pagan or what not, but I'm not a witch. I have known a lot of wiccans in my time, however.

And you know what?

They're like everyone else I've ever met, for better or worse.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
ozoneocean at 5:44PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
Oh dear…

It's an interesting cultural artefact. We have charming children's stories about toads and curses and things, witches in Shakespeare foretelling doom, accusations and nasty trials by religious lunatics… modern neo-religions sewn together out of the half forgotten Christianised memories of a handful of long dead religions, and all the modern pop-culture stuff aimed at teens and young women. :)

No need to get carried away by the mythology like Kuypol tends to ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
PIT_FACE at 5:49PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
i think ya might find out yer a small fish in a big pond real fast.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Senshuu at 6:20PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(offline)
I decided not to acknowledge wicca after an old acquaintance of mine became a bit too full of herself…and after this one person “married Sephiroth on the astral plane.”

The stuff's real, yes, but people these days are too full of bullshit anyway. Shouldn't be messing around. (And I will acknowledge that it's almost the same kind of bullshit that's been mucking up most religions for all-time.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
notlikelytocare at 6:31PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
The issue I have with “Witchcraft” religions is most people that claim to practice them are just putting on a show. I had a grandmother that was Pagan, and she didnt go around dressed like a sleazy goth, you couldn't tell she was any different than the average person because she blended in.

But the modern “witch” is generally between the ages of 13-19 and dress like wannabe Marilyn Mansons, not that theres an issue with dressing how you wish, but most people who think they are Wiccan/Pagan simply wear baphomets and black clothing, try to perform “spells” for personal gain, and don't really know much about the religion in a spiritual sense.

What I'm trying to get to is, if you devote yourself to a religion through spirituality, good for you. But if you are doing it to seem cool and edgy, you are missing the entire point of religion.

Not singling anyone out, just putting in my two cents.

My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Product Placement at 8:27PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
DARKNES
Please is their any pagans or fellow wiccans on dd

Chernobog
I guess you can file me under pagan or what not, but I'm not a witch. I have known a lot of wiccans in my time, however.

I hate that word, Pagan. It's some stupid name Christians give to non-Christians.

I used to live in England for few years and couple of times I ended up explaining this old faith that all Scandinavians used to believe in. I found out that there is no good name for that faith in English except maybe “Norse mythology” or “Viking faith” but it's more commonly classified as pagan. At least everyone who reverts to that faith today are called that. In my native language we call it “aesir” faith and I personally find it stupid that something so fundamentally different is classified as the same thing as, for example, Wicca.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
machinehead at 8:38PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
DARKNES
Burn em. Burn em all at the stake.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
ozoneocean at 1:30AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
Product Placement
but it's more commonly classified as pagan.
Yep. “Pagan” really means much the same thing as “Infidel” and “Heathen”. All are Christian words for non-Christians.

Product Placement at 2:50AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
Oh, now don't get me started with the christian church. Or organized religion in general. You wouldn't want that. Trust me. I'd talk your ear of. Even more so than normally.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
DARKNES at 3:16AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
I am a wiccan myself and i dont believe i have amazing powers, but i practise the craft. and believe me it id really hard i had friends who dont even talk to me anymore because im a witch, i used to be catholic!!!! And i find the craft really amazing clensing for the soul…. but plese tell me your views????
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:19AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
My friend is a Pagan and some of the stuff she told me made me laugh. But I do enjoy Pagan's respect for nature.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
ozoneocean at 4:14AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
But I do enjoy Pagan's respect for nature.
But what religion is she? I get that she's not a Christian… ;)
Respect for nature…? A lot of older, simpler religions weren't really practised by urbanised communities, they were more likely to be subsistence communities who practised small scale farming and a lot of hunting and gathering. So their religions reflect that. Not really a “respect” for nature, so much as an acknowledgement of it's bigger role in their lives.
-Being subsistence means that you have a lot less control over your life. The “forces” of nature will kill you a lot faster and a lot more easily if you're not very careful.

Basically though, it all comes from the same place. Christianity is just as old as the rest of them and started with the same tribal roots (wasn't called Christianity at the time), it just grew along with western civilisation and modernised to fit the times…
If you want “spirituality”, “magic”, “Nature”, all that can be found in any of the major mainstream religions if you can be bothered to look, just the same as the lessor known religions and the older dead ones that have been reconstructed like Norse, or Druidisim. Wicca is made out of a mix of a lot of those.

DARKNES at 4:38AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
IM wiccan myself and i think most wiccans have more respect for nature than some peolpe….. but you should hear the racist comments i get all the time!!!
notlikelytocare at 5:09AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
DARKNES
IM wiccan myself and i think most wiccans have more respect for nature than some peolpe….. but you should hear the racist comments i get all the time!!!

Wicca isn't a race.
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Product Placement at 5:31AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
notlikelytocare
Wicca isn't a race.

Religionist?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
bravo1102 at 6:44AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Product Placement
but it's more commonly classified as pagan.
Yep. “Pagan” really means much the same thing as “Infidel” and “Heathen”. All are Christian words for non-Christians.

Pagan is also an acronym: People Against Goodness And Niceness. (From the movie version of Dragnet with Tom Hanks and Dan Ackroyd)

You can be whatever faith you want. If you believe in God the Mother in her three guises of virgin, mother and crone go right ahead. Wicca, Diana worship, Aleister Crowley, Theosophy all harmless. Read some of the great feminist works on religion from the 70s and 1980s especially Womanspirit Rising and The Chalice and the Blade Fun stuff. Also a perusal of The Golden Bough will give you some wonderful insights behind the neo-pagan movement as it's where they got many of their beliefs.

I still wonder how you can unleash demons and monsters from the outer planes with a mass marketed game by Parker Brothers. Does this mean I can call forth the ghost of J.P. Morgan with Monopoly, or Admiral Beatty with Battleship? Can I terrorize my neighborhood with spectral armies when I play Risk or Stratego?

Been there, done that and I also own two, count'em two Tarot card decks. :evil:

“I played poker with them once, got a full house and three friends died.” –Stephen Wright
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
skoolmunkee at 8:21AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
Unfortunately like most religions, Wicca gets kind of a bad rap from its more disagreeable practitioners. I've known 15-year old girls convinced they were Wiccans too, when really they just liked pissing their parents off and going to the headshop to buy incense. I'm sure there is a core of Wiccas who are devout and sensible people. I don't really see how nontraditional religions are any less believable than the major ones.

Personally I think it's pretty great that belief systems which got people killed a few hundred years ago can be seen as pretty normal today. For myself I just let people be and hope whatever they believe in makes them happy. :)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
DARKNES at 8:33AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
Ya, i think wicca is an amazing way to live!!!! And if anyone wants their future done by the tarot cards just comment on a comic please do its a good expirence and come admins give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ozoneocean at 8:45AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
I already know my future…

DARKNES at 8:50AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
How did you find out may i ask?
Chernobog at 9:20AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
The term pagan doesn't really faze me nor has any other Wiccan I've personally known been bothered by it. It may be adapted to by this point. I think heathen is a bit more derogatory (sounds more prissy or elitist to me somehow), but that might just be me.

When I say ‘they’re like anyone else for better or worse', I really want to stress I've never met any faith or spirituality that struck me as being genuinely holier than thou as opposed to being predictably human in outcome.

I've met some truly flaky Wiccans, either poseurs or ‘part time pagans’.
I've also known enough Xianists who basically act like they're their own god beings.
Of the Buddhists I've spoken with, quite a few struck me as arrogant argumentative pseudo-intellectuals.
And how about those who state their faith is that of brotherhood and love? Do these things consistently come out squeaky clean?

Religion/spirituality gets pretentious easily. It can be used as a way to rebel, connect, or whatever else. But it shouldn't be surprising when the practice of these concepts fail from the lofty positions they set themselves upon.

We also shouldn't be surprised that the loudest practitioners might not get the idea behind it. Some people just want attention, after all. It's not hard to get when you're willing to shock or interpret things in a way that's convenient for yourself. (The internet and media in general isn't different in this idea!)

Perhaps it's me, but it seems to me a spirituality or religion that's right for the person is one that calls to them quietly and harmoniously rather than a scene, trend, or a group that does so.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
DARKNES at 9:26AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
In my opinion any one who hears the word witch instantly thinks of a green old lady bending over her cauldren cackling well believe me i aint like that!!!!!
Sea_Cow at 11:05AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
I already know my future…

Same here! It looks something like this…

I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
usedbooks at 11:51AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
I have a friend who is sort of Wiccan/Celtic. She's also an anthropologist, so most religions fascinate her from a scholar standpoint.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
skoolmunkee at 12:20PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
DARKNES
Ya, i think wicca is an amazing way to live!!!! And if anyone wants their future done by the tarot cards just comment on a comic please do its a good expirence and come admins give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't think tarot cards were really meant to be used to tell the future. They can be a pretty interesting tool for self-reflection though.
DARKNES
In my opinion any one who hears the word witch instantly thinks of a green old lady bending over her cauldren cackling well believe me i aint like that!!!!!
I doubt that's what most people think of when someone says they're a witch, unless they're talking about a halloween costume. :) Modern people are at least a little more intelligent than that… for example they probably don't think she's green.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
DARKNES at 12:42PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
would anyone have any suggestions on which god and goddesss to pick……. but i do worship the main lord and lady

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved