Debate and Discussion

Witch
bravo1102 at 3:12AM, March 3, 2009
(online)
lastcall
I'm still confused why this is in the General section. It seems more like a Debate/Discussion topic.

I concur, but here it is. Maybe it stays here through the machinations of a coven of skyclad witches.

Bubble, bubble, death and destruction, let the thread remain in general discussion… I'll never tell.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
skoolmunkee at 9:54AM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Basically it's still here because it keeps moving from debate/discussion type stuff to a more general topic that more people may be interested in contributing to, people's views on the afterlife vs the definition of wicca for example. A lot of people avoid d/d because they think it's too exclusive.

But I'll move it to make you complainers happy. ;)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
DARKNES at 10:17AM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Basically it's still here because it keeps moving from debate/discussion type stuff to a more general topic that more people may be interested in contributing to, people's views on the afterlife vs the definition of wicca for example. A lot of people avoid d/d because they think it's too exclusive.

But I'll move it to make you complainers happy. ;)

i know this is not on the topic but are you in control of the newspaper??

Is there anyway us ‘'normal people’' can get invovled??
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Orin J Master at 11:01AM, March 3, 2009
(online)
a thread about religion? screw it, someone'll get offended no matter what.

pagan=anything a christian doesn't recognise as an actual belief system.
wiccan=effectively hippies these days, and there's probably about a hundred real ones in the world and tens of thousands of new-wave rejects that call themselves that because they smoke incense and chant nonsense from a book.
witch=more or less a type of satanist. pretty much the only universal insult to use on wicca.
satanist=subgroup of christians that figure jebus was a dirty liar, and opt to side with the underdog believign he got a raw deal. mostly douchebags.
christian=see last sentance fragment, above.
muslim=only major religion to practice misinterptations over their actual texts. otherwise indistiguishable from christians in their general practices.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
DARKNES at 11:23AM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Orin J Master

wiccan=effectively hippies these days, and there's probably about a hundred real ones in the world and tens of thousands of new-wave rejects that call themselves that because they smoke incense and chant nonsense from a book.
witch=more or less a type of satanist. pretty much the only universal insult to use on wicca.
satanist=subgroup of christians that figure jebus was a dirty liar, and opt to side with the underdog believign he got a raw deal. mostly douchebags.
muslim=only major religion to practice misinterptations over their actual texts. otherwise indistiguishable from christians in their general practices.

All that is pure steroetyping…….
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
Orin J Master at 12:22PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
yes, but not wrong. the problem with streotyping large groups like this that that's actually what you're supposed to do, because trying to judge a major institution, be it relegious, political, or corporate an the individual merits of it's members is wholly impossible because only what they agree to as a mass is what defines their group-which is a sterotype.

are my steotpyes negative? heck yeah. does that invalidate them? sorry, but no. religion is something that tends institutionalize negative outlooks/behaviors on an obscure theological basis and reject any attempt to criticise its actions. remember the christian and islamic faiths both have it in theri belief systems that anyone not following them are wrong and need to be coverted(usually described as enlightened or educated to sound more appealing) or else killed (usually after villifying them so it's less morally objectionable as was done with the native americans and pretty much every faction in the middle east)
skoolmunkee at 12:52PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
DARKNES
i know this is not on the topic but are you in control of the newspaper??

Is there anyway us ‘'normal people’' can get invovled??

Newspaper? There's no newspaper… if you mean that you want some of your news in the newspost, click on my avatar and check my profile. There's a link there about how to get news into the news posts.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
Hyena H_ll at 4:44PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Orin J Master

Slander! Pure slander! I'm terribly offended by your hurtful and untrue remarks about Satanism. How dare you even go there! Is nothing sacred!?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
DARKNES at 6:05AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Hyena H_ll
Orin J Master

Slander! Pure slander! I'm terribly offended by your hurtful and untrue remarks about Satanism. How dare you even go there! Is nothing sacred!?

DAM STRAIGHT
DARKNES at 6:31AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Orin J Master
yes, but not wrong. the problem with streotyping large groups like this that that's actually what you're supposed to do, because trying to judge a major institution, be it relegious, political, or corporate an the individual merits of it's members is wholly impossible because only what they agree to as a mass is what defines their group-which is a sterotype.

are my steotpyes negative? heck yeah. does that invalidate them? sorry, but no. religion is something that tends institutionalize negative outlooks/behaviors on an obscure theological basis and reject any attempt to criticise its actions. remember the christian and islamic faiths both have it in theri belief systems that anyone not following them are wrong and need to be coverted(usually described as enlightened or educated to sound more appealing) or else killed (usually after villifying them so it's less morally objectionable as was done with the native americans and pretty much every faction in the middle east)

Well i'd rather the christians burn me at the stake instead of converting!!
Hyena H_ll at 7:03AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
DARKNES
Hyena H_ll
DAM STRAIGHT
I think I need to burnt at the stake if my jokes are fallin' this flat. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
skoolmunkee at 10:03AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
^^^^ This is why it was in General
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
Orin J Master at 3:15PM, March 5, 2009
(online)
DARKNES

Really? I'd rather they cut it out entirely, since they've always ignored whatever part of their beliefs happen to be uncomfortable for them to teach in a given area. they could at least manage to show the same cooperativeness to the rest out of politeness.

Hyena H_ll

Ha-HA, double entundrae! well played, sir however you've forgotten that the internet as a whole frown upon witty remarks like yours that can't be understood without thinking about them. next time pretend you're pitching it to the marketing team at warner Bros. television department.
Shade at 8:15PM, March 9, 2009
(offline)
DARKNES
Orin J Master

That's just silly, for one thing they didn't execute people who actually confessed to being a witch. Well atleast not in Salem, they took the ones who confessed and and ‘re-educated’ them with religious doctrine.

It's ironic as the one who wouldn't confess to such a thing are the puritan christians who'd rather die then admit to being a witch. So in the end the majority of people hung, burnt or otherwise executed were Christians. So yeah the only religion that can really go “Never again the burning times!” would be Christians themselves.

I have a couple beefs with parts of the Christian Dogma, though frankly I don't hate Christians because of it, just bigots who try to use it to justify their own problems.

As for witchcraft, I'd never touch it the idea of tampering with how things are ment to be seems a poor idea, doubly so if it's selfish. I have some similiar beliefs as wiccans but also at the same time prefer not to be associated with them due to alot of the general behaviour. In a way witch craft isn't that different to praying to god asking him for something to happen. I never really understood either, you want something you make it happen yourself, as long as you don't hurt other people of course.

As for what religion I am, that's a difficult question, it's earth centered, I don't belive in a deity really, just arch-types people create for facets of the universe. Man, Woman, Life, Death we make deitys for these and in some cases just one or two where one either embodies all or one embodies the good and another embodies the bad or even the feminine and the masculine.

I do like to meditate too, but that's not a religious thing really, it just helps me write. I also hold the stand point that science is important, it's something one just can't ignore for religious convenience. Though I do believe there is stuff science can't explain.

So what religion would that be?

Whoot! We just hit fifty comics!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
DARKNES at 12:44PM, March 10, 2009
(offline)
So does anyone here worship a number of gods/goddesess??
humorman at 12:48PM, March 10, 2009
(offline)
DARKNES
So does anyone here worship a number of gods/goddesess??

No.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
DARKNES at 7:21AM, March 11, 2009
(offline)

Goddesses And Gods
Goddesses
Aer: Wales. Goddess of war and revenge. Goddess of the River Dee.

Aine: Ireland. Moon Goddess and patroness of crops and cattle. Associated with the Summer Solstice.

Andraste: Britain. A war and nature Goddess. Associated with the hare And Ostara.

Anu/ Dana/Dana-Ana: Ireland. Mother Goddess, Greatest of all Goddesses. Goddess of plenty.Maiden aspect of the triple Goddess, formed with Goddesses macha and Badb.

Aphrodite: Greek; Goddess of passionate, sexual love. Aphrodite will assist you in pulling loving energy towards yourself.

Aradia: Italian: Queen of the Witches, daughter of Diana. Aradia is an extremely powerful entity and a protectress of Witches in general.

Arianrhod: Welsh; Goddess of the stars and reincarnation. Call on Arianrhod to help with past life memories and difficulties as well as for contacting the Star People.

Artemis: Greek; Goddess of the Moon.

Astarte: Greek; Fertility Goddess. Whether you wish to bear children or have a magnificent garden, Astarte will assist in your desire.

Athena: Greek; Warrior Goddess and Protectress. Someone giving you a rough time at work? Call on Athena to help you.

Badbh: Ireland, Gaul. In Gaul known as Cauth Bodva. War Goddess. Part of the triple Goddess aspect with Anu and Macha. Asscoaited with cauldrons, ravens, life and wisdom.

Bast: Egyptian; Goddess of Protection and Cats. Bast is great for vehicle travel as well as walking down a dark alley. Call on her essence in the form of a giant panther to see you through to your destination.

Blodwin/ Blanchflor: Wales,Gaul. Goddess of the earth in bloom. Associated with flowers,owls and ceremonies. Goddess of initiation ceremonies.

Brigantia: Britain. Goddess of pastures and rivers. Associated with Imbolc.

Brigid: Celtic; Warrior Goddess and Protectress and Preserver. Brigid is also a Triple Goddess. She is strong and wise. Call on her to help protect your children in a tough situation. Invocation to Brigid.

Caillech Beine Bric/ Scota: Scotland. Destroyer Goddess of the Underworld. The name for Scotland comes from her( original name was Caledonia)

Ceres: Roman; Goddess of the Harvest.

Cerridwen: Welsh; Moon and Harvest Goddess and Goddess of nature. Goddess of the Underworld and the cauldron of inspiration.

Demeter: Greed; Earth Mother archetype. Excellent Goddess where birthing or small children are involved.

Diana: Roman; Moon Goddess and Goddess of the Hunt. Diana is many faceted. She is a seductress (as she enchanted her brother Lucifer to beget Aradia in the form of a cat) as well as a mother figure for Witches. Invocation to Diana.

Dryads: Greek; feminine spirits of the trees.

Flora: Roman; Goddess of Spring and Birth. For beautiful flowers, babies, and all bounties of Earth Mother.

Fortuna: Roman; Goddess of Fate.

Freys: Scandinavian; Moon Goddess and wife/lover of Odin. Also commander of the Valkyries.

Hathor: Egyptian; Protectress of Women in Business. A Hathor's Mirror is very important for the Witch. Hathor was cunning as well as beautiful.

Hecate: Egyptian; Moon Goddess as in Crone or Dark Mother.

Hera: Greek; Goddess of Marriage. If handfasting or some type of commitment is the issue, Hera is the Goddess to seek. Just remember that she has a vindictive side.

Hestia: Greek; Goddess of Home and Hearth. Building a house, remodeling, or apartment hunting. Safety in the home and family unit.

Inanna: Sumerian; Goddess representation of the Mother.

Isis: Egyptian; represents the Complete Goddess or the Triple Goddess. Invocation to Isis.

Kali: Hindu; Creative/Destructive Goddess. Protectress of abused women. Kali-Ma should be called if a woman is in fear of physical danger. Her power is truly awesome.

Lilith: Hebrew; Adam's first wife and said to be turned into a demoness; however, you may change your mind. In Silver RavenWolf's opinion, Lilith was a Star Woman bred with Adam. This would make her a Goddess of Higher Intelligence or a representation of the Star People. Associated with sexuality and the dark side.

Macha: Ireland. Mother of life and death. A war Goddess. Associated with ravens and crows. Dominates males with sexual cunning and force. She was honored at Lughnassadh.

Maat: Egyptian; Goddess of Justice and Divine Order. Maat is the true balance of any situation. She plays no favorites and will dispense justice to all parties involved. Be sure your own slate is clean in the situation before you call her.

Morgan: Ireland, Wales, Britian; Crone aspect of the triple Goddess. Goddess of War, magick, fate and death.. She was also doubled with The Lady of the Lake. Associtaed with ravens,crows,shapeshifting, magick,prophecy,wisdom,war,peace and night. It is Morgan who taught Merlin his magick Patroness of priestesses and witches.

Morgan Le Fay: Welsh. Death Goddess. Glamorgan in Wales is her sacred terrotory.

Muses: Greek; Goddess of Inspiration who vary in number depending upon the pantheon used.

Nephtys: Egyptian; Goddess of Surprises, Sisters and Midwives.

Norns: Celtic; the three sisters of the Wyrd. Responsible for weaving fate- past, present and future.

Nuit: Egyptian; Sky Mother. Often seen depicted in circular fashion cradling the stars.

Persephone: Greek; Goddess of the Underworld as well as Harvest. Daughter of Demeter.

Rhiannon: Wales. Goddess of birds and horses. She rides a white horse. Goddess of the Underworld.

Selene: Greek; Goddess of the Moon and Solutions. Appeal to Selene to bring a logical answer to any problem.

Valkyries: Scandinavian; women warriors who carried the souls of men slain in battle to heaven.

Venus: Roman; Goddess of Love and Romance.

Vesta: Roman; Goddess of Fire.

Gods
Adonis: Greek; consort of Aphrodite. Also another name for “Lord.” In Phoenician his counterpart is Astarte. A vegetation God. Roman counterpart is Venus.

Amaethon: Wales. God of agriculture.

Anubis: Egyptian; guardian of Isis. Jackal-Headed God of Protection. Call on hem to protect both home and person.

Apollo: Greek and Roman; twin brother of Artemis. God of the Sun, Light and the Arts.

Apsu: Babylonian; his mate is Tiamat.

Bel/Bile/Belenus: Ireland. Sun and fire God. Associated with fire,sun, purification,success,crops,fertility and cattle. Seen in the festival of Beltane.

Bran: Wales. The giant. God of prophecy,the arts,leaders,war,music and writing. Associated with ravens.

Camulos - Britian,Gaul. War God

Cernunnos: Celtic; Horned God and consort of the Lady. God of Nature. Also called Herne The Hunter. He represents the darker aspects of nature.

Eros: Greek; God of Romance and Passionate Love.

Green Man: God of nature: The male spirit of nature, life and growth. The Green Man

Herne The Hunter: Britain. The dark lord. God of the hunt, wild animals, and forests. Associated with the Gods, Cernunnos and Gwynn ap Nudd.

Horus: Egyptian; Head of a Falcon and body of a man. God of the all-seeing eye and healing.

Hymen: Greek; God of Marriage and Commitment. His counterpart is Dionysus.

Kai: Wales. A fire and smithing God.

Lucifer: Italian: Soulmate and Brother of Diana. Father of Aradia. God of the Sun and Light.

Lugh: Ireland,Wales. Sun and War God. Connected with the festival of Lughnassadh, a harvest festival. Associated with ravens. and a white stag.

Math Mathonwy: Wales, Britian. God of magick,sorcery and enchantment.

Mithra: Persian; Sun God and bringer of Light. A soldier's God.

Odin: Scandinavian; counterpart of Freya. This is the God who hung on the Tree of Yggdrasil to obtain second sight. His familiars are the Raven and the Wolf. He is depicted as a terrible God, in his old age as a God of Wisdom and psychic sight. He is the giver of Runes.

Osiris: Egyptian; counterpart of Isis. Over-all God form including vegetation and after-life.

Owen ap Urien: Wales. God of wisdom, magick and war. Associated with Ravens.

Pan: Greek; God of Nature and the Woods, Laughter and Passion. Also music and personal abandon. Invocation to Pan.

Poseidon: Greek; God of the Sea. His familiars are dolphins and horses.

Ptah: Egyptian; Expert craftsman and designer. God of creative enterprise with the hands.

Shiva: Hindu; consort of Kali. God of the universal cycle of birth-death-rebirth. Shiva can be both kind and terrible.

Sucellus: Britain. Father God , a sky God. God of authority,success,protection and strength.

Thor: Scandinavian; God of the Sky and Thunder. A kindly God of the common people, including farmers and sailors.

Thoth: Egyptian; God of Reincarnation. Also a Moon God and favorable to science and wisdom.

bravo1102 at 8:00AM, March 11, 2009
(online)
It would be less confusing if you used the names Morrigan and Morgan for those two figures. Morrigan was the goddess. Morgan was a character possibly based on the Morrigan and Morgan le Fay was a development of that fictional character in Arthurian Romance especially the later tales culminating in Mallory (and practically deified by Marion Zimmer Bradley and other feminist treatments of Arthurian legend :) Morgan Le Fay as we all think of her is actually a late development and her role as a mage is mostly from the later Italian/European cycles where she even faced Charlemagne and Roland.

Any connection between her and the Lady of the Lake is even later. (She is one of the three queens who bear Arthur away after Camlann, the Lady of the Lake is the granter of Excalibur and they were usually two seperate people in most tales at least until Marion Zimmer Bradley :) )

There's all kinds of interpretations like Morgan/Morgause/Morgaine are the three faces of the Mother goddess but that's going a bit far unlike the connection between Morrigan and Morgan. ;)

I'll go off and read some Celtic and Provencal poetry now or maybe the Prose Le Morte d'Arthur.

The Matter of Britain has been a big influence on my work. lol!

And what about Maarduk? The Babylonian god who destroyed Tiamat and her consort when Babylon conquered Sumer and the Babylonian deities replaced the Sumerian. ;)

humorman at 11:30AM, March 11, 2009
(offline)
You forgot Zeus, Medusa, Nero, Hamlet, and Aquaman.

Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
Orin J Master at 9:08PM, March 11, 2009
(online)
Aquaman's just A king. it is Plastic Man who is divinity! Truly, he is everywhere and everything. I salute you, our garish red lord!
bravo1102 at 2:43AM, March 12, 2009
(online)
Also unmentioned are THOSE WHO CANNOT BE NAMED because they are among the THINGS MAN WAS NOT MEANT TO KNOW; you know the Elder gods, the Great Old Ones and the rest of the Cthulhu mythos and the contents of the Necronomicon

Remember never bring up what you can't put down again. lol! (insert manical laughter here)

Satan? Demons and the Devil? Hah small potatoes! Give me THOSE WHO CANNOT BE NAMED! (insert more manical laughter)
DARKNES at 6:00AM, March 14, 2009
(offline)
is there like….. santanic gods
Aurora Moon at 2:14PM, March 14, 2009
(offline)
DARKNES

well, there are people who worship Lucifer if that counts? They're not really witches though.

and by the gods, why is this ridlicious topic still going on?

it's clear that this person is just some newbie who obviously doesn't know much about the religion she's supposed to be following! She's clearly just an teenager going though some phase in an feeble attempt to appear “different” and “cool”.

The REAL witches, the adult ones that is, would be utterly embarrassed to even be associated with this person.

somebody lock this topic please. D=
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Orin J Master at 3:37PM, March 14, 2009
(online)
like i said: “wiccan=effectively hippies these days, and there's probably about a hundred real ones in the world and tens of thousands of new-wave rejects that call themselves that because they smoke incense and chant nonsense from a book.”
humorman at 5:59PM, March 14, 2009
(offline)
Aurora Moon
DARKNES

well, there are people who worship Lucifer if that counts? They're not really witches though.

it's clear that this person is just some newbie who obviously doesn't know much about the religion she's supposed to be following! She's clearly just an teenager going though some phase in an feeble attempt to appear “different” and “cool”.

The REAL witches, the adult ones that is, would be utterly embarrassed to even be associated with this person.

somebody lock this topic please. D=

I agree with this person.

skoolmunkee at 3:26AM, March 15, 2009
(online)
Aurora Moon

Personally I find that kind of thing pretty entertaining, like how people just don't know when to stop embarrassing themselves in The Office.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
Aurora Moon at 1:52PM, March 15, 2009
(offline)
Well yeah. but there comes a point where it stops being entertaining and quickly becomes something that you can't even bear to listen to. mostly because you pity the stupid person being SO stupid, and also mostly because you're afraid to lose any brain cells if you listen to their crap for so long.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
bravo1102 at 3:03PM, March 15, 2009
(online)
Watching someone be a fool is one of the greatest entertainments there is. Especially when all the best attempts at educating them has failed.

You see, that's the human condition. SO just laugh, shake your head and enjoy the ride. For me it brings back memories of when I was the fool and in many ways still am and that puts a smile on my face.

Cognitive dissonance remember? All the evidence in the world won't change the beliefs of someone who has faith that they are right.

And just because someone types it, doesn't mean you have to read it. After all no one ever reads anything I type. ;)
Hawk at 6:58PM, March 15, 2009
(online)
Yeah, I'm going to have to level with you guys… I've wanted this thread gone for a while now. Seeing how many idiots there are loses its fun when you have to clean up their poop. This thread lost its point a long time ago.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Aurora Moon at 7:08PM, March 15, 2009
(offline)
Hawk
Yeah, I'm going to have to level with you guys… I've wanted this thread gone for a while now. Seeing how many idiots there are loses its fun when you have to clean up their poop. This thread lost its point a long time ago.

oh, feel free to close this thread. I think you'll be doing everyone an favor. even if some of them thinks this is funny.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved