Networking & Community Projects*

WOLF SANCTUARY IN DANGER**PLEASE HELP****
tiffawolf at 4:35AM, March 19, 2009
(online)
For those that don't know, WOLF Sanctuary is one of the main charities I support. Now, they are threatened with closure from the county they are located in for some -very- BS reasons. You can help! Please check out the link below and see what you can do to help this amazing wolf and wolf-dog sanctuary in Colorado:

http://www.wolfsanctuary.net/88-special/88-21-SaveTheSanctuary.htm

Since people don't seem to know what they can do to help, here is what I am suggesting.

Please cross-post this in your forums and get the word out. Also, do send an e-mail to the county commissioners (all of the info is in the link above) and let them know what you think of this. Please be respectful in your e-mails, but let them know that this is a huge travesty. WOLF is always in need of monetary donations, but you don't have to do that if you can't. Right now, just let people know about this.

Thank you all so much!"
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
PIT_FACE at 9:02AM, March 19, 2009
(online)
aw yeah, i heard about this through NRDC.from what they said, the bans are being taken off while the wolf population is still low and there's no legal limit set to how much you can trap or hunt. wolf pups and pregnant wolves are fair game as well.there was also a lot of tax dollars put INTO bringing back the wolf population and i really havent heard any reason why this an is suddenly being taken off other then a few gung ho mayors want the wolves to be gone.
i do realize that if people are uncomfortable with em around, then yes, something HAS to be done, but relocate them or put a cap on hunting or something. don't just okay the slaughter of this species in the area. i jumped on this a while ago. i hope other people do.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
tiffawolf at 4:29PM, March 19, 2009
(online)
PIT_FACE
aw yeah, i heard about this through NRDC.from what they said, the bans are being taken off while the wolf population is still low and there's no legal limit set to how much you can trap or hunt. wolf pups and pregnant wolves are fair game as well.there was also a lot of tax dollars put INTO bringing back the wolf population and i really havent heard any reason why this an is suddenly being taken off other then a few gung ho mayors want the wolves to be gone.
i do realize that if people are uncomfortable with em around, then yes, something HAS to be done, but relocate them or put a cap on hunting or something. don't just okay the slaughter of this species in the area. i jumped on this a while ago. i hope other people do.

yeah its getting way out of controll,people are killing these animals for the simple territory and its wrong, i could understand if there was a season set for them like every other animal but hunting is out of controll. luckely im posting the updates of the progress on WOLF so keep watch for the good news
tiffawolf at 4:30PM, March 19, 2009
(online)
Thank you to all of you who helped get the word out about the county BS up at WOLF sanctuary! It appears the matter of the fencing has been resolved with some clarification from the county, but that also leaves many questions still open. However, the sanctuary is safe for now!

WOLF still needs help with donations and even volunteers, so please check out their website to see how you can help them in the future: http://www.wolfsanctuary.net/
Thank you all again SO very much!! *hugs for all*
Puff_Of_Smoke at 9:53AM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
Wolves don't need sanctuaries. They're in the Least Concern catagory.

Cheese and rice.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon