Random Discussion

Worms in the Pork
kyupol at 3:15PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv-xEOZtZHM

This is disgusting.

I'll never eat pork again. No I'm not Muslim nor plan to convert to Islam. This isn't about religion.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Inkmonkey at 3:39PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
I'll never eat pork again. No I'm not Muslim nor plan to convert to Islam. This isn't about religion.

I seriously doubt that anyone thought, “He doesn't plan to eat pork? He must be converting to Islam!”

Seriously, how do you always find some way to make every single one of your posts pants-on-head insane?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
HippieVan at 3:48PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
Maybe you should have posted some kind of warning for that video…I nearly threw up, actually.

Also, why would anyone think that not wanting to eat pork after seeing that had to do with religion? That's just silly.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
JoeL_CQB at 4:07PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
that's why they tell you to cook the pork thoroughly. :P

unlike beef you can eat it all bloodily.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Custard Trout at 4:34PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
Yeah, Fox News and Ebaums World are such reputable, reliable sources. I should believe everything they tell me without question!

kyupol
I'll never eat pork again.

That's really stupid. If you refused to eat anything that could infect you with something, you'd end up starving to death.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
crocty at 6:03PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
kyupol
I'll never eat pork again.
Oh, becoming a muslim huh?

kyupol
No I'm not Muslim nor plan to convert to Islam. This isn't about religion.
Oh, okay.
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Arashi_san at 6:06PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
Yuck. I don't eat pork anyway. The only meat for me is COW!
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
BffSatan at 6:48PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
Meh, it's possible with any meat, and anyway I already try to avoid eating pork, I honestly think it tastes disgusting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
Product Placement at 8:40PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
I ate the most delicious pork the other day. With honey mustard and brown sugar glazing, cooked to perfection.

It's true though that there's a higher percentage of parasites and infections that follow pork meat. The fundamental reason why Muslims (and Jewish as well) banned eating this “unholy” creature was because of the risk involved. Back then almost every adult pig was littered in worms and other tasty things. Today it's not so much of an issue. Modern farms that follows a strict code will produce good quality pork that is very safe to eat. There are of course exceptions but as long as the meat is thoroughly cooked, the worms will only serve as extra protein.

Pork is not the only risky meat. Cow and mad cow disease is another risky little thing(and you can't cook that one away). Chicken and salmonella go almost hand in hand. There are also all kinds of maggots in bottom feeders(fish like cod and catfish and most types of crabs as well).
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
lothar at 9:58AM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
maybe the worms came from the Coke !
oh damn ! i'm never drinking Coke again . No, i'm not converting to Mormonism !
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
lba at 10:17AM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
If you think that's disgusting, try and find a video of how the pigs get the worms in them in the first place. The farms they raise those things on are some of the worst smelling, dirtiest, foulest places you'll ever be. If you fall down in one of the pens you run a serious risk of them either trampling you or trying to eat portions of you. Pigs will eat almost any biological material you can put in their pen that's not outright poisonous. I've taken a tour of a sewage facility to compare it to and they were worse. The smell alone turned me off pork and I haven't eaten it since, almost 2 years later.

I wouldn't eat a bottom feeder either unless it came from a pristine water or was farm raised. But that's because I know what kind of chemical stuff ends up in the Mississippi River where most free-range catfish are harvested from.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Inkmonkey at 10:38AM, Dec. 30, 2008
(offline)
lba
If you think that's disgusting, try and find a video of how the pigs get the worms in them in the first place. The farms they raise those things on are some of the worst smelling, dirtiest, foulest places you'll ever be. If you fall down in one of the pens you run a serious risk of them either trampling you or trying to eat portions of you. Pigs will eat almost any biological material you can put in their pen that's not outright poisonous. I've taken a tour of a sewage facility to compare it to and they were worse. The smell alone turned me off pork and I haven't eaten it since, almost 2 years later.

I wouldn't eat a bottom feeder either unless it came from a pristine water or was farm raised. But that's because I know what kind of chemical stuff ends up in the Mississippi River where most free-range catfish are harvested from.

Well, I hope life as a paranoid Hypchondriac is as fun-filled and fulfilling as I'd always been told it would be.
bravo1102 at 10:55AM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
Why did you feel it necessary to say not a Muslim? It's merely keeping kosher. The Ancient Hebrews were not eating pork a few millenia before Muhammad (though they come from the same ethnic group and even speak closely related languages) Personally I hate pork, but I love ham. Ham doesn't have the problems that pork does. Some of the ingredients in Coke are also used in curing ham. In fact cured meats don't have the problems that fresh meat does.

By the way Coke and Diet Coke is also a spermaticide so douching with it after sex is effective birth control and it makes certain acts more “palatable”.

Oh and if those were maggots, maggie the maggot doesn't eat live flesh which why they're useful for cleaning wounds. True maggots are eatable when boiled or roasted (as opposed to lounging around in raw pork)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Inkmonkey at 12:40PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(offline)
bravo1102
By the way Coke and Diet Coke is also a spermaticide so douching with it after sex is effective birth control

Er…. Not quite…
lba at 1:25PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
Well, I hope life as a paranoid Hypchondriac is as fun-filled and fulfilling as I'd always been told it would be.

Actually I'm not in any way. I've eaten fried rat without a problem. I just won't eat much out of the Mississippi because of how badly polluted it is in my local area, and I'm less worried about the bugs in pork than the fact that I just can't stand the stuff because it reminds me of the time I spent working around the hog farms in Iowa. I'll eat fish and meat, no problem. Pork just grosses me out still is all.

Try not to jump to conclusions. No offense, but it makes you look like an ass.
ozoneocean at 1:52PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
BffSatan
Meh, it's possible with any meat, and anyway I already try to avoid eating pork, I honestly think it tastes disgusting.
No, this is a bigger problem with pork. The kinds of worms in pork can easily infect humans and can even migrate to your brain and kill you. Sounds disgusting and made up but it's 100% true.

I didn't bother to watch those vids because I've already researched that info before.

I hate all pig meant, unless it's in lovely sausages! Either well cooked ones, or a nice, well cured peperoni.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Ironscarf at 3:01PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
Kyupolocean
The kinds of worms in pork can easily infect humans and can even migrate to your brain at which point you will be controlled by the mothership and most world leaders are already being controlled by intelligent porkworms…

Ok, maybe not, but this is why you chew your food good and proper kids. After you've cooked the bejaysus out of your pork chops that is.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Product Placement at 7:35PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
lba

What kind of sick ass farm did you go to? I hate being the guy who brags about his grass being greener on his side but honestly, we don't see this where I live.

For example. It is illegal to feed animals, bred for human consumption, animal products. This prevents spreading of many animal illnesses including mad cow and seriously decreases the risk of many others. There are increasingly strict codes of conducts in how the animals are raised and if you deviate from those rules then you'll end up in trouble with the government.

If a case of salmonella comes up in a farm it's a newsworthy event. Just so happened that these stables not too far away from the capital got a case of salmonella and over 20 horses died. That was covered for like 3 days while they were busy tracking down the source of it. It turned out it was an infected water supply and they're cleaning it up now.

Farmers never like to see salmonella in their farm because if it happens, ALL of his livestock bred for consumption has to be put down. The farmer is compensated of course but it takes some time to get his business up and running again.

And finally it's disgusting to hear the state of you river. How can people eat fish taken from such polluted source.

bravo1102
Oh and if those were maggots, maggie the maggot doesn't eat live flesh which why they're useful for cleaning wounds. True maggots are eatable when boiled or roasted (as opposed to lounging around in raw pork)

I think the problem was that these people were eating undercooked pork. Also they say that infected humans that don't wash their hands after toilet trips can infect you as well. So remember kids. Don't lick the hands of a stranger.

Also, like Oz said, these seem to be different kind of worms.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
BffSatan at 8:32PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
No, this is a bigger problem with pork. The kinds of worms in pork can easily infect humans and can even migrate to your brain and kill you. Sounds disgusting and made up but it's 100% true.
I didn't really mean just worms, but eating any kind of meat has potential to be deadly. Other kinds of parasites, viruses and prions can be in meat, generally it is safe to eat unless prepared poorly or it's something rare like mad cow that can't be cooked out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
lba at 9:49PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
Product Placement
What kind of sick ass farm did you go to? I hate being the guy who brags about his grass being greener on his side but honestly, we don't see this where I live.
The rules are still pretty strict here since Iowa is pretty much the world's #1 producer of pork so it's about the same as you described, but there's a lot of territory for the government to cover and a number of smaller farms aren't regulated like they should be. You're not supposed to feed the hogs anything like biowaste or animal products, but they'll eat anything that winds up in the pen if they're hungry. My previous company I worked for did environmental care with logging and clean up of natural/human-made disasters so we spent a lot of time working on various farms removing trees and other debris after tornadoes and the like. The largest farms that are owned by the slaughter houses are generally pretty clean and sanitary, if rather smelly from the way they evacuate the animal waste under the floor. It's the small farms that can be incredibly nasty because the hogs just live in barn lot pens that get cleaned out once in a while. That sort of thing happens on a lot of other farms too. Cattle farms are notorious for only cleaning out their barn lot every spring at planting time to use the manure as fertilizer on the non-human consumption fields, to save money and time since the animals spend only a month or two in them during the calving season.

And finally it's disgusting to hear the state of you river. How can people eat fish taken from such polluted source.
A lot of folks don't know what goes into the river. Again, I only know because of the work I did as an environmental cleanup crew member. A lot of chemicals that can't be removed from sewage are dumped into the river to be dispersed into the river. Similarly, at least on the Mississippi, there's a lot of problems with the yearly floods and things getting into the water that don't belong there.

Americans just treat the world around them differently from other countries people.
Product Placement at 10:36PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
lba
Americans just treat the world around them differently from other countries people.

Boy you said it. I live relatively near this area where there used to be an American base. When they packed up and left the land was given back to the local government. Before that it was considered an American soil. It seemed like a good deal. We get a relatively large town practically free, right?

Well.. where to start? The landfill they left behind was a disaster. We spend months cleaning up the place and a huge amount of top soil had to be removed because it was contaminated with all kinds of chemicals. The town wasn't in that great of a shape either. There was literally a cockroach plague in the area and this town that happen to be located nearby was deathly afraid that it would spread over to them.

The place has now been properly cleaned up and is being converted into university campus community. The Americans used a different electric current so replacing the entire electric grid was necessary. It is still a work in progress but about half the town has been converted today.

But anyways, ignore my rant. We were talking about pork?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
bravo1102 at 4:24AM, Dec. 31, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
bravo1102
By the way Coke and Diet Coke is also a spermaticide so douching with it after sex is effective birth control

Er…. Not quite…

So Snopes takes another bit of fun out of life.

Just don't tell my partner. To me the effect on oral sex has always been more important anyway. :)

I not only like sausages but bacon. And what about pork ribs?

And I was only using maggots as an example. During research into the food eaten by soldiers on campaign; maggoty meat will not make you ill if boiled. That's the whole secret, before eating, boil the meat or irradiate it! Irradiate the meat and all these problems are solved.

There is some evidence that humans did not suffer from all of these parasites until after they domesticated meat bearing animals as animals in the wild were less likely to have them. So go out and hunt wild animals and eat them (Stay away from rodents, domesticated animals gave them rabies) Or become a vegan and over a few thousand years your ancestors will have their brains shrink and you'll go extinct. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ozoneocean at 7:59AM, Dec. 31, 2008
(online)
bravo1102
bacon. And what about pork ribs?
I'm not a fan.

Wiki has some notes on what these things can do to you.

LoveandGuns at 9:34AM, Dec. 31, 2008
(offline)
Second video was proven to be fake a long time ago, and yeah you can get any kind of parasite in your food if your cook doesn't wash their hands. Good hygiene is key when cooking and for day-to-day life, in general.

Now, why hasn't anyone played this song yet?

Link to flash: http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Pork/
K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
ozoneocean at 10:09AM, Dec. 31, 2008
(online)
LoveandGuns
and yeah you can get any kind of parasite in your food if your cook doesn't wash their hands.
The thing is with pork though that it's specially known for having the things to begin with. ;)
-although tapeworm kinds of things, not stubby maggots like that vid. Just watched it.

That's just what tends to happen with pig meat. Most likely because of the conditions the animals are often kept in, as lba says.

But I just don't like the taste anyway…

LoveandGuns at 10:25AM, Dec. 31, 2008
(offline)
Yeah, I actually never really appreciated the taste of pork… But I do enjoy Weebls little song for it! :D_b
K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
SarahN at 2:39PM, Dec. 31, 2008
(online)
Sometimes it's best just not to think about this stuff too much.

Apparently you can't even go take a dip in a lake or pool without the possibility of an amoeba eating your brain and killing you within a couple of weeks:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21034344/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved