Media Megaforum

Worst movie adaptions- movies based on book or comics.
Hawk at 2:28PM, July 1, 2010
(online)
I haven't seen it yet, but I thought it's worth mentioning that the movie adaptation of the Avatar: The Last Airbender is sitting at 6% on Rotten Tomatoes right now.

I was expecting a certain amount of disappointment at something that is trying to replicate one of my favorite cartoons from the current decade in two hours of live action… but I wasn't expecting a disaster.

Last Airbender fans can get craaaaaaaaazy, so I guess they're at least be some world-class internet drama to look forward to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
seventy2 at 4:52PM, July 1, 2010
(online)
Hawk
I haven't seen it yet, but I thought it's worth mentioning that the movie adaptation of the Avatar: The Last Airbender is sitting at 6% on Rotten Tomatoes right now.

I was expecting a certain amount of disappointment at something that is trying to replicate one of my favorite cartoons from the current decade in two hours of live action… but I wasn't expecting a disaster.

Last Airbender fans can get craaaaaaaaazy, so I guess they're at least be some world-class internet drama to look forward to.

do you remember dragonball evolution?

these two movies are in the same class.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Product Placement at 7:13AM, July 2, 2010
(online)
So last Airbender is out? I have to admit, I liked the cartoon allot.

I was kinda expecting that Shyamalan would screw it up. I was hoping he wouldn't but now that I've looked up the first reviews online, then it seems to be the case.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Dark Pascual at 7:45AM, July 2, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
So last Airbender is out? I have to admit, I liked the cartoon allot.

I was kinda expecting that Shyamalan would screw it up. I was hoping he wouldn't but now that I've looked up the first reviews online, then it seems to be the case.

Yeah, seems to be that “Last Airbender” is “Dragon Ball: Evolution” levels of bad.

Too bad, I really loved the show and I was hoping that the movie was good, but seems to be that it's really a shitty adaptation…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Product Placement at 8:12AM, July 3, 2010
(online)
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to give that director the chance to make this film? He did some pretty good movies a while back but they've been getting drastically worse, the more he makes them.

I went on a quest to find a positive review of the film and could only find those who had been paid for:
Beyond Hollywood.com
“The Last Airbender” is not a terrible film, but it is a film that makes you wish Shyamalan had done more with the opportunity (not to mention the budget he had been given). And while it would have pissed off the diehard fans, it might have been wiser to cast an older Aang and made the film more than just a series of bloodless, mostly consequence-free CG combat. Despite the film’s talk of war and conquest, it’s never more than child’s play (the movie is rated PG), which seems justifiable given the film’s original source material. The big leap in faith here is that Shyamalan expects to be able to make parts two and three, and has given us a film that is only one-third of the whole story. The problem is that it feels very much like an incomplete movie, which might not have been such a bad thing if audiences are only asked to pay one-third of the ticket price to see it. Alas, that is not the case.
This is the most positive thing I've seen about the film. And this is from a site that defended “Batman and Robin” after it got the top spot as the worst film ever made.
Beyond Hollywood
I call it the Ang Lee Hulk Syndrome: if enough fanboys say enough times that a movie is bad, everyone will fall in line like little sheep.

I mean holly crap. I'm terrified of checking this film out, now. I've actually found couple of people linking this film with Battlefield Earth. You don't say stuff like that unless you're absolutely serious. I can only hope that my standards have been lowered so much now that I may actually like it, when I do get a chance to see (which will be the chance when I get to see it for free because I'm not paying money for something that's supposed to be this bad).

Edit: Scratch that. I found an even more positive review for the film.

I like how it's noticeable that he's reading from a script, as you can tell by the reflection of his computer screen.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
isukun at 7:19PM, July 3, 2010
(online)
Honestly, if you look hard enough, you'll find people who think shit smells good. It's kind of the problem you run into when anyone with a web camera can pretend they are a professional reviewer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
JazylH at 10:29AM, Aug. 2, 2010
(online)
Yesterday I made the biggest mistake of my life when I decided to give Dragonball Evolution a try. Pathetic attempt at a movie in my opinion.

Updated Mondays & Fridays
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved