Networking & Community Projects*

Would anyone be interested in...?
itsjustaar at 9:16PM, Dec. 18, 2010
(online)
Doing a webcomic done in the style of classic horror comics from EC? Y'know, like ‘Tales from the Crypt’, ‘Super SuspsenStories’, that sort of thing? I've been watching a lot of movies and episodes from this on TV and on DVD, and was curious to know how we could arrange something like that.

If you've seen these before or get the general idea, they were usually horror-themed short stories that often ended in a grisly or witty twist ending. There'd be a cast of horror characters to set-it up and crack a lame pun or joke at the end, commenting on what happened. More information can be found here. These comics were notorious for the kinds of things they produced, and lead to such good anthologies like the Creepshow films (1 and 2; a third film is out, but I'm not too fond of it).

I was thinking if maybe it'd be alright to do something like this. I love these things, especially classic comicbooks. Maybe get three different people to do the stories, and three others to do the art.

As to what I could contribute, maybe me and another or a mod could go over which stories to put in. I could come up with some kinda funky cartoon character to serve as the Cryptkeeper-esque guide at the bookends.

How about it?

I'd like it to keep in tune with original comics (straight-up horror). Horrific, but within the general rule of the site. Nothing too long, but enough to keep people wanting more. I think this would be a great idea to bring people together, especially fans, to see what kinds of things we can create.

I might pitch a story or too, over the Christmas break I've got planned.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Genejoke at 12:09AM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
I would be willing to contribute both writing and illustrating. I already so something vaguely similar with Malefic tales but that is more centred around something I created.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
itsjustaar at 4:24AM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
Awesome! :D

As of this writing I've got an idea for a short story I might write for this. I'm not sure I could contribute any art, since I'm booked with my two series', but I can make a recurring gag character who shows up from time to time. ^^

It'd be so cool to make it maybe like a monthly comic or something, if it goes swell. Anyone else interested, too? :3 I'll see what kinda designs I can sketch out.
Genejoke at 3:05PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
What rating would the comic have? surely a minimum of mature would be in order.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
itsjustaar at 8:46PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
Around that, yes. ^^ I don't think this'd be the kind of series that'd go into the Adult rating area. Comparing a lot of the issues that TftC made, they were at least within those lines while slightly below.

I think the three authors/three artists deal might be cool if it turned out to be a big issue all in itself, something DD could help put out as a major sort of thing with credit to those who contribute. I think the originals had at least five stories together, or four. Though that might take up too much time. D:

I was thinking the mascot could be a sea urchin, drawn much in vein for the original Cryptkeeper.

Beware, seaducks - this be… THE DEPTH DWELLER! NEEHEEHEE!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon