Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Wow, cruel AND unusual!
Glarg at 1:01PM, Nov. 29, 2006
(offline)
No more iPod for Kin Jon Il :(

Now this has got to be one of the most best tactics i have ever heard for trying to get a countrys attention. Taking away cognac, Rolex watches, cigarettes, artwork, expensive cars, Harley Davidson motorcycles or even personal watercraft, such as Jet Skis,Hell even plasma screen TV's! Its just like dealing with a kid; A wrinkly, 4 eyed Korean “Midget like” kid. How do you guys think about all of this?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
ccs1989 at 1:14PM, Nov. 29, 2006
(online)
Psh, the thing is a joke. The guy is the ruler of a freakin COUNTRY. You think that US sanctions will stop Il from getting this stuff? It'll stop people in the country from getting this stuff, but Kim Jong Il will get it from the black market.

In the end it will lose the corporations money, because they won't be able to sell any of these luxury products to the people of N. Korea. Of course since N. Korea is such a poor country I can't really imagine that I-Pod sales over there are that big.

It's an embargo basically, but if you look back on American history you'll see those don't really work. The embargo under Jefferson against England and France was incredibly useless because of all the black market stuff that occurred and because it just hurt legitimate Americans trying to sell products to France and Britain.

It's a gesture more than anything. I doubt these mega-corporations will really be affected by this, but neither will the “Dear Leader” of the craziest country in the world.

http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Ozoneocean at 1:23PM, Nov. 29, 2006
(online)
Yup, ccs is right. It won't work. Those items are stock-in-trade on the black market, which is probably where he already gets them from anyway.
Does Kim Jong have a disproportionately large head, or is that just my faulty perception…?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
ccs1989 at 1:28PM, Nov. 29, 2006
(online)
Massive ego will do that to a man, Ozone, and I'll bet Kim has one of the biggest egos around.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Red Slayer at 4:35PM, Nov. 29, 2006
(online)
Black market or do the superman thing:

He could just fly across the border to a country that has them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon