Networking & Community Projects*

Writer seeking Artist for collaboration
MailOrderClone at 10:12PM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Hello denizens of DrunkDuck. It is I, the neigh-notable MailOrderClone, here to offer my services as a webcomic writer.

Now, originally I was plotting to release one of my current pet projects here on DrunkDuck (much the way a supervillain plots to take over the world, including the steepling of my fingers and a delightful cackle), but I ran into the problem of curbing my own rather unrealistic expectations for the projects, both in length and in quality. So I’m sitting them off to one side for the time being.

Instead, I am interested in a full-on collaboration, from start to finish. To work on a project that will be both engaging and challenging for both you as an artist, and for myself as a writer, to create.

But before we go and dive into the deep end of the pool, let’s cover my background first, just so you know how buoyant I tend to be. I am a trained literature student who has fairly recently moved over from writing short stories and prose to comics (mostly due to my love of the medium), and have the time and capability to write out quality material. I am not the least bit apprehensive in saying that I am capable of writing, and writing well, in just about any style or setting. My specialties rest in characterization, and have been said to be a feminist writer on several occasions due to intense and creative characterization. I can put in as much detail or as little as you require, although I do have a habit of creating scenery that is on the complex side.

The artist I am looking for is a capable one. One that is able to draw is something of a necessity, but then that sort-of comes with the territory. Then again, a painted style or some other from of art may work as well. One that has some idea of the sorts of things that they would like to work on would be a plus, certainly. Also, the artist in question should have a decent disposition, and should be able to release new issues of the comic at a fairly regular rate (barring the incursion of real life issues). I’d also quite like it if the artist could type well enough to understand, since that makes the whole communication bit easier.

If this sounds even remotely like you, then please send me a PQ with some samples of your work and, of possible, a bit of information about what type of comic you would like to work on.

Until then.
Freelance writer, editor, and creative consultant. Seeking artist for webcomic. Send PQ if interested.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
MailOrderClone at 12:01PM, March 16, 2009
(offline)
The search for a collaborator is still ongoing. I'll likely announce a deadline soon as well.
Freelance writer, editor, and creative consultant. Seeking artist for webcomic. Send PQ if interested.
MailOrderClone at 9:31PM, March 24, 2009
(offline)
Search still going. Going poorly, admittedly. Looks like the normal artist-luring tactics aren't working. I'm going to have to break out the razzle… but not the dazzle, I'm saving that for a special occasion.

Here it comes…

I've got nothing.

Edit: Ah, one additional thing. I'm not sure if it would help at all, but I'm kind-of intent on making the main character in this comic a woman. I keep getting called a feminist writer for some reason that I've never quite understood, so I may as well run with it.
soulcelshade at 10:56AM, March 25, 2009
(offline)
I might have the perfect comic for you, actually, so I'd like to work with you. You know where to find my art, so where can I find your writing?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
MailOrderClone at 2:46PM, March 25, 2009
(offline)
Ah, interest. Splendid. As it happens, I have a part of one of my scripts posted in the Arts & Literature Corner. The link is below.

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=47359&cid=240
soulcelshade at 4:46PM, March 25, 2009
(offline)
You're an awesome writer! I'll PQ you about the comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon