Networking & Community Projects*

Writer seeks artist to translate extensively planned universe into webcomic
Shapechanger at 5:48PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(offline)
For roughly two years now, I've been pouring thought into a science fiction universe of my own creation, but have never really sat down and taken the time to cement the whole thing together. I've defined, scrapped, refined, altered, and reconstructed so much of this universe, and it's still difficult for me to label any aspect of the universe as finished, completed, or otherwise done.

However, recently, large sections of the universe, societies, background, storylines and political events, heroes and villains, have emerged as, which not perfectly polished or perfected by any means, workable, through sheer investment of ideas and my own need to fill in as many holes as I can. I feel I've reached a point where I can make a story out of my universe, and have been brainstorming ways to start simple and eventually expand into the complex web of politics that my universe has become.

Thus, I've started piecing together a tangible plot. Yet, here I am, once again, stuck at a point of indecisiveness. I've always envisioned my universe as portrayed in comic form, the freedom of expression that its combination of storytelling and visual representation that it allows. As it stands, I have no confidence in my own artistic ability; I cannot even grasp simple concepts like perspective.

So I ask of any artists that may be interested in bringing my universe to life to pay visit to my Deviant Art page, specifically the Brief Descriptions (which I have since rewritten much of, especially the Kirick after I was informed that they were suspicious similar to Orson Scott Card's Formics (or Buggers) from the Ender series), found here: http://theshapechanger.deviantart.com/art/Brief-Descriptions-98641173 ; I have since added two races that are not contained therein, the Chyurans and Harks, and have proposed several others, such as Minor Leyads and the Soulless.

Currently, I have four primary characters who are well-defined and have very established personalities, and then at least twenty-two other characters that possess varying degrees of completeness.

I will check back to this post as often as possible, but if you are especially interested in contacting me, my email is Shapechanger@ymail.com . I will happily answer any inquiries into my universe and hopefully meet an artist who will finally bring my universe to life. :)

-Shapechanger
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
soulcelshade at 6:24PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(offline)
What kind of artist are you looking for? I maybe not be that great, but I can do a variety of styles, and though I have many comics to do already, I have tons of spare time, and can easily meet a deadline.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Shapechanger at 9:06AM, Nov. 24, 2008
(offline)
Generally I was hoping for something that, while not necessarily serious by nature, can be taken seriously when the story calls for it. That said, as long as it's not excessively cartoony, I'll work with what I can get.
soulcelshade at 2:52PM, Nov. 24, 2008
(offline)
I see.

*Runs away*
Shapechanger at 3:11PM, Nov. 24, 2008
(offline)
Heh, dang. Well, thanks for showing interest.
soulcelshade at 2:42PM, Nov. 25, 2008
(offline)
Your welcome. Uh, I mean…

*Not there*

Actually if nobody replies I'll give it a shot.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon