Media Megaforum

Writing a comic into a book
Aussie_kid at 5:24AM, July 21, 2006
(online)
As some of you may know, I created a little comic series called ‘Enter the Duck’. However, there are many instances unaccounted for (How the site was actually hacked into, several battles that were skipped over due to my laziness and lack of skill, etc.)

Any way, I thought of writing this into a book series. The entire plot: beginning, middle and end. Discover how Aussie first hacked in, what happened in the year between the two parts, how Twin got possessed, how the virus got in DD in the first place, how Volte6 died and how it all ends

Only problem is, this is a satire with characters not my own. Would I be allowed to print the books if I put in a discalimer? (I don't want to know if it's a good idea or not, I just want to know if I could I do it or not)

Until next time
The Aussie Kid
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Aussie_kid at 5:48AM, July 21, 2006
(online)
death_monk666
Well, I only have some experience with comics-to-books. My advice is to:
1)Get everyone's permission before you use the people.
2)Put a disclaimer in anyway (for new people to see you got approval)
3)You have a script, right? With a script, read it and come up with main ideas.
4)Then organize them to how it will be told.
5)Tell of your powers in a prologue. Express everyone else's in their chapters and a glossary section if you want one.
6)Write a book. You can not tell me you did not write something before.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. When I said I didn't want to know if it was a good idea or not, I also meant I didn't want any advice on how to write a book (Since I already know what to do)

All I'm asking is: Is it legal? If not, what do I have to do to make it legal

But thanks any way death_monk666
Ronson at 11:07AM, July 21, 2006
(online)
As a work of satire, you have a pretty wide lattitude with what you can get away with.

But it really depends on whether you are picking on a public figure or not. The definitions of public figure can be kind of murky.

But pretty much as far as legalities go, you could probably do it. I mean, after all, who amongst your list would have the money or time to fight your work?

BUT it is polite to ask. And that would probably smooth some potentially nasty flame wars.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
Aussie_kid at 6:08PM, July 21, 2006
(online)
Thanks guys. I'll go for the permission option.

Until next time
The Aussie Kid

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved