Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

writing a script
Demonik at 6:18AM, May 28, 2009
(offline)
So I was thinking of seeing if anyone would like to help with bringing a story into visual form but. However, should I make a little test script before hand? If so, how should I make the script?

Should I make it simple? 6 panels, maybe a few characters, a setting and genders of the characters and names? and let the artist go from there?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
CharleyHorse at 9:24AM, May 28, 2009
(offline)
Whether you create a script or a mini strip you want to answer as many of the classic questions as you can, in any order that works for you: who, what, where, when, how, and why? The more of these elements that you can answer the clearer idea the writer will have as to what you are trying to accomplish. Oh . . . and include an example or two of the art style you intend to use if you DO decide to write just a script sample.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Semi-realistic art style:
A good-hearted child grows up as an orphan among good-hearted common people. His only relative is a beautiful aunt. He has childhood friends but he is particularly close to the farm's blacksmith and to an itinerant, shabbily dressed storyteller. Then one day the storyteller informs the boy's aunt that the sacred object has been stolen by the apostate and then the boy's entire life is turned upside down as his aunt turns out to be a famous sorceress and the itinerant storyteller is really the Eternal Man. So forth and so on.

OR

Strictly cartoonish art style:
a weird alien creature joins a group of human mercenaries for a life of adventure among the stars. There are battles galore and acts of heroism and gradually the goofy looking alien becomes a valued member of the crew.

Anyway, with at least that much information to begin with your writer can then bounce some ideas back and forth with you and then together you two can hammer out what will work for BOTH of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved