Networking & Community Projects*

Writing in need of artist(s)
jason maddox at 11:33PM, Aug. 10, 2008
(offline)
I am currently in the planning stages of writing out a long, episodic story. When I first started planning this out, it was actually intended to be a written story, but with character designs and maybe four or five illustrations throughout each “issue” to highlight key moments. But, the more I thought about it, the more I enjoyed the idea of turning it into a full fledged comic. Now, just to get this out of the way from the get go… this is something I want to do for fun. I'm not looking to make any money of it, nor can I pay any artists that are interested in working with me.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of the art styles of Brian Bolland, Todd MacFarlane and the like. The story is going to be very dark and very violent, dealing in “superhero” realm much like that in Batman… meaning not dealing so much with super powers, but with realism. It will deal with mental disorders such as psychosis, schizophrenia, etc., and such will be the basis of most of the main characters. Yes, there will be a the masked “hero” and some of the villians will be masked, but the subject matter will not deal with super powers and outlandish things. The most out there thing you will see is a psychic and a clairvoyant. It's mostly a psychological story focusing on a troubled vigilante who goes after serial killers and other such criminals.

I don't necessarily want coloring done, as it's not at all necessary. I'd be more than happy with some good, detailed black and white art work.

Also, I'm very open to ideas and input. As I said, this is still in the planning stages and I'm just very interested in finding someone who can put some excellent visuals to go along with my story. If anyone is interested, please let me know in this thread. Thank you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon