Debate and Discussion

WTF is up with AMERICA ?
jude_boi at 6:28AM, March 31, 2006
(offline)
jude_boi
should we kill the fetus? Should it punished for the sins of it's father?
Yep, kill it then bruy it, burn it, or flush it; Whatever you want to do. It's not a human, it's just a few bodily organs inside a real human.
And I'm speaking for the whole world on this issue, or at least all countries that consider themselves advanced and enlightened, not just America.

How does it become human, then? You can't take a non living mass and make a living thing out of it. At least that's not what i was taught in high school!

Of course, what is human then? And how does one become human?

And i swear not invoke using the name Jesus Christ, all of sudden i'm being religious! I was swearing! It is a common curse you know.

do you consider me a backwards fool for my belief that abortion is wrong and that the fetus is already a human?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
jude_boi at 6:30AM, March 31, 2006
(offline)
FinbarReilly
kYuPoL
Still… if ever I go to america, I'll still take note and observe the following safety precautions:

1) Carry at least a pistol with me… or tear gas, pepper spray, knife… as long as it can help protect myself.

2) I'll not be a good samaritan. If I see a child cross the street and I coulda pull him//her away from the car… I will just leave the kid alone. Because I might be accused of kidnapping//pedophilia. Same thing applies with women. I dont wanna be accused of sexual harrassment.

3) Always go out with at least 2 other people I can trust.

So wish me a safe trip… :-D

Actually, just turn off the internet. It's not that bad as it looks; America is less dangerous than most countries regardless of stats.

Unless you walk up to a local gang member and try his slang back at him; all bets are off then…

FR

You are so right. Our country isn't as gun crazy and violence ridden as we are mad out to be.

It's all the media. And the media lies half the time. Ratings ya know.

America is a safe country in comparison. Thoush not like we're without our problems.
jude_boi at 6:33AM, March 31, 2006
(offline)
Tater Salad
ozoneocean
Abortion isn't just only for women who've been raped, victims of incest,
I always laugh when the two are put separate like that.

Think.

Someone who's the “victim” of incest and wasn't raped? They probably wanna keep the baby, or if not, no different than regularly pregnant women.

What about that small amount of people have mutual sex with their relations? It's out there. I know an entire town that's living proof of it.
ozoneocean at 8:08AM, March 31, 2006
(online)
Incest is a lot like pedophilia usually, (In fact most of the time it's the same thing). Often the “victim” is groomed into it, they think it's natural and normal and they believe its perfectly ok and consensual.

It's not a good idea to condone that behavior.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
jude_boi at 8:36AM, March 31, 2006
(offline)
ozoneocean
Incest is a lot like pedophilia usually, (In fact most of the time it's the same thing). Often the “victim” is groomed into it, they think it's natural and normal and they believe its perfectly ok and consensual.

It's not a good idea to condone that behavior.

Pardon if i am misunderstood, i never condoned incest. It's a vile way of abusing both a person and the trust that a person has with you.

I ask to be forgiven for any misconceptions. I get that alot.
jude_boi at 8:40AM, March 31, 2006
(offline)
Okay, you believe in abortion sometimes. I believe only if both the child and the mother will die because of it. I believe the fetus is human from conception, you believe it to be like a mass of cells in made in a woman's uterus.

Let's just agree to disagree. Truce?

I like you. You stand firm in what you believe. I respect that and i tip my ski cap to you.
ozoneocean at 9:57AM, March 31, 2006
(online)
jude_boi
I like you. You stand firm in what you believe. I respect that and i tip my ski cap to you.
fair enough. :D

And that's fine too Tater, but just the idea of “consent” is dodgey, usally because one party (parent or older sibling), is in a position of power and trust and basically tricks the other into consent.
I'm not trying to twist your words or missrepresent your position, so don't worry.

PoisonedV at 10:41AM, March 31, 2006
(offline)
Tater Salad
Oh, I see what you're saying, don't get me wrong. I'm saying if they both KNOW and they consent we shouldn't give a fuck, and it shouldn't be rape. They can just raise their 12-toed kids with their welfare checks and be happy.

HAI U TAYK THAT BAK LOL I HAVE 12 TOES!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Black_Kitty at 12:05PM, March 31, 2006
(online)
You two knock it off. :S You know where spam goes and it's not here.

.: Black Kitty :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
lothar at 1:02AM, April 1, 2006
(online)
jude_boi
You are so right. Our country isn't as gun crazy and violence ridden as we are mad out to be.

It's all the media. And the media lies half the time. Ratings ya know.

America is a safe country in comparison. Thoush not like we're without our problems.

hmmm . ,, among other things , i saw a guy get stabbed/shot (i couldn't tell as i was driving at the time) and his car stolen not 2 blocks from the house where i grew up, and this is not considered a bad neighborhood, funny thing is i didn't see anything thing about it on the news or even in the local paper the next day , i was one of only 2 people to call the police and many of the neighbors prolly didn't even know what happened !

The Media does LIE most of the time , By Omission ! they report the same stupid crap JUNK NEWS over and over again , and Leave out all the important shit thats more relative to our real lives !!!

America is a Relatively VIOLENT country ,
I know that it has got to be at least 10 times more violent than Japan !!
to compair it to some 3rd world place and say it is much better is a tragic lowering of the bar .
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
PoisonedV at 10:21AM, April 1, 2006
(offline)
america neds less old people
Dubba G at 11:37AM, April 1, 2006
(offline)
PoisonedV
america neds less old people
I agree, let's all burn them in a giant oven. Or we could give them the right to live……..I'm so-so on the subject.

Once again PoisonedV, your debating skills are so great, and your contribution so awesome, it amazes even me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
PoisonedV at 11:45AM, April 1, 2006
(offline)
SHUTUP NOOB!
lothar at 5:17AM, April 3, 2006
(online)
FinbarReilly
Yeah…at least in terms of reported violence. Japan: Where you can kancho a teacher, and no one hears you scream.

FR
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea , those little bastards ! , you gotta watch your back !
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Zwuh at 8:12AM, April 6, 2006
(offline)
Keep the spam to a solid ZERO people, as well as the personal attacks. (Yes, I know its hard to resist telling stupid people they are stupid. Just don't do it here.) Stick to actually discussing the topic like rational humans.

I'm back and I have an itchy lock finger… :-D
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
JillyFoo at 8:48AM, April 6, 2006
(online)
The beauty of the USA is there is such a variety of different ethinic groups. I heard a speech from a man from India where he went to Europe and stuck out like a sore thumb and got yelled at “go home you foreigner!” But when he went to live in the USA no one minded. He felt at home in America.

One of the reasons some people thought Bush got voted in again was the Republican philosophies of no same sex marriage and prolife he represented.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
ozoneocean at 6:17PM, April 8, 2006
(online)
Jen_Babcock
I agree that his body isn't affected by the birth of a child, but his life definitely is.
I was meaning “life” as in “being alive”.

Yes, some men face child support if the child is born, but that is in no way universal, even for countries with strict laws about that sort of thing.

Fibonacci at 7:40PM, April 8, 2006
(offline)
(Insert MOSH by Eminem here)

That about sums it up.
:evil:
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
Stain at 9:48PM, June 9, 2006
(offline)
It's an annoying prep nation over-obsessed with itself. I'm ashamed to live there. The elective system has been left in the hands of a public whose majority is composed of people whom seldom think. Screw the U.S.A!
Dirk Zephyrs
Stain is also pretty hot.
Lawl @ Homosexuality

K.A.L.A.-dan! Trap!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
ccs1989 at 8:35AM, June 10, 2006
(online)
It's not like the USA can't change though. If all the smart people move out, all we're left with is the stupid people reproducing an then you get a giant, stupid bully of a country which unfortunatly has nuclear weapons and a tendency to want to go to war.

And use up too much of the world's resources.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
ozoneocean at 8:11PM, June 19, 2006
(online)
This is a scary BBC report about White House interference in scientific progress. That's worse than any alleged solely religious interference.
I've listed to it before, but after listening to it again just recently, it's even more scary… These White House officials are seriously stupid people. It's amazing, it really is.
I mean, various among them seem to have a lot of expertise in some very narrow fields, but that makes them even bigger morons because the more expert they are at something, the more dismissive of everything else they become.

One would tend to think your political system needs some tweaking to prevent political appointments to these sorts of civil positions… Democracy doesn’t give the best results when it comes to everything.

Liriel at 9:35PM, July 5, 2006
(offline)
Yes it is very scary what's happening to the US government, what's even scarier is that I'm not even sure American voters can put a stop to it. But I'm certainly going to do my part (as I've consistently done.. I just wish I wasn't alone :( ). We'll see what happens in November…

I've recently been refered to a book called God's Politics, that addresses what's really bothering me about current American Politics… the atheis-secular verus rabid-religious, there's gotta be a rational middle ground somewhere… :?

~Liriel
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
nighthawk41 at 10:16PM, Sept. 2, 2006
(online)
*Sigh* I'm sick of everyone insulting America when they don't even live in it… The guy who made the opening post didn't say why he hated it.
It's not like your country is perfect either. China decided whipeing out an entire village was a good way to stop SARS (those cheap ass holes want to save money at the expense of an entire village), The Middle East is just rageing with suicide bombings and shit, and I don't think I need to remind everyone what use to happen when you googled “French Military Victories.” I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with our government, there are plenty of things. I'm saying that countries that kill entire villages because they are cheap ass holes have no right to say they are superior to us.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/nighthawk41/BodomBeachTerrorsig.png Edited by Admin.
Please make your sig either 250 x 100 or 468 x 60 pixels. Thankyou.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
ozoneocean at 12:49AM, Sept. 3, 2006
(online)
Well Lothar IS an American in America. He's right to be worried about his own country. A lot of other people have made valid points too, I'd like to have a look at the book Liriel refers to…

Other countries have their issues, but that's not the subject of this thread. And I'm sick of people bashing France every two seconds! That pisses me off. If it wasn't for France, America would not even exist. You'd still all be part of Canada. Did France become a whipping boy because they wouldn't support the US in every invaison they want to start? Well if anything that makes them pretty damn ballsy for standing up for themselves, unlike the UK and Australia.

nighthawk41 at 8:14AM, Sept. 3, 2006
(online)
Just like I'm sick of everyone insulting America every two seconds.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/nighthawk41/BodomBeachTerrorsig.png Edited by Admin.
Please make your sig either 250 x 100 or 468 x 60 pixels. Thankyou.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
ozoneocean at 8:33AM, Sept. 3, 2006
(online)
America IS the topic under discussion… Insults aren't a big part of the discussion. And a close examination of America is much more warranted that that of any other country. Here's why:
1. The majority of people here are American.
2. For non Americans, America is probably the country they know most about, besides their own.
3. The US is the most powerful nation and drives world political, monetary, and military affairs.
4. It's the worlds top consumer of resources, as well as the top polluter.
5. It's the world's top producer of English language pop-culture; movies, music, games, fashions, celebrity crap, everything.

ozoneocean at 1:06PM, Sept. 3, 2006
(online)
That'd be true if the only way you knew about other countries was from the news…
But that could never be true because much less people watch or read news today than ever before. In most western countries anyway.
The fact is the United states is the dominant country in the world and the dominant exporter of culture. That's simply one of the facts of the 21C… :wink:

What do you even learn about your own country from the news media? :lol:
Not much generally. If you look objectivly at even local news coverage, you'd get a pretty skewed view of your community.

hat at 3:28PM, Sept. 3, 2006
(offline)
1. The U.S. Government is a conspiracy.
2. Alabama is slowly being taken over by Neo Nazis.
3. 3.00 a gallon ftw.

Feel free to deny…
“Don't blame me I voted for Kerry.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved