MAFIA... and other forum games

XXVI The Guild Wars!!!
Randomdudeperson at 10:16PM, April 19, 2010
(online)
Game play:

Here are the changes that I’ve made to the original game style.

You don't get to attack a specific player. Instead, you tell me which street you want to patrol, and if an enemy is on the same street or nearby, you will attack each other. To keep it simple, the street names will just be numbers and letters, and the amount of streets I use will depend on how many ppl play.

Also, all actions happen AT THE SAME TIME!!! The more friends you work with, the better your chances of survival!

There are two fortresses, one for each guild. They will have their own specific spot on the map, that only the guild members will know. If you choose not to prowl the streets, your action will by default to stay in the fortress. However, your mission is to find and eliminate the enemy fortress, so you can’t stay hidden forever! Planning has to go into raiding a fortress in order for it to succeed.

A lot of things depend on random chance. Did you detect the trap? Did you see the footprint? Where you able to put 2 and 2 together? All this will be chosen by the all mighty D100! I know how a lot of you LOVE it so much! >:)

Also, you don’t have a set amount of lives. It’ll all depend on who you are, who attacked you, and of course, the die rolls.

Roles:

All roles are different! Everyone has an ability! However, the only roles you know, are your own and your guild members.

The guilds:

I will randomly select two ppl that are guild bosses in the beginning of the game. They will tell me an amount of ppl's names that they want to invite into their guild. (I will decide how many invites they are allotted, depending on the amount of ppl playing) I will then tell the chosen ppl that they have been invited into Either the Ragers guild or the Eliteists guild. The person will either accept the invite, or not. All ppl in the same guild will know each others roles and abilities. A lot of players become stronger when working with other ppl.

Elitists:

This is a government run operation. They know who to talk to, so they have all the gizmos. They are mostly focused on the defensive side, and are considered to be the “good side”.

Ragers:

These ppl HATE the government! They might be poor, but they have a lot of rage to them, making them lethal! This guild focuses on mass destruction and is seen as the “bad” side.

Which guild you want to join will depend on your role. A good guy will be executed for joining the Ragers, and visa versa. I will tell you where you want to go, along with your role and abilities. Some roles become stronger when they join a guild. And if you don't join a guild, don't worry. It's not the end of the world! :)

Combos:

Many roles have matches. Some matches benefit ppl, while other matches are mortal enemies. If mortal enemies join the same guild, chaos will ensue! I'll pq you and your guild when either event happens.

Any questions, just send me a message!

Wich means narrations will be up around 7-8 p.m. Depending on my work schedule. I've decided that I will tell everyone their roles Sunday, but start the game Monday. That way, it'll give ppl enough time to get aquainted with their roles, and it'll give the bosses time to put their guilds together. Plz, no pqing roles to each other or posting them for ppl to see ANYWHER, BEFORE you enter a guild. After that, you can do whatever, but its best to keep it secret, except from your team mates. Thankyou.

Players:

1. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths
2. Gullas the Impaler and Terrible Gambler
3. Kroatz
4. harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and Self Proclaimed Furry Pusher
5. jninjashadow the Town Drunk
6. maru
7. Mettaur
8. same
9. rokulily the Minister of Cuteness
10. Shirkersama
11. Product Placement the Game Master
12. Zeph
13. PoorBoyBlues
14. Salsa the Luckless
15. Niccea the Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records
16. I Am The 1337 Master the Freakin Awsome Batman
…sorry, I just don't feel comfortable with cussing. :/
17. ParkerFarker the Crazy Glow Stick Stabber
18. Anthony Mercer the Emotional Lurker
19. Rengishi

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

This is the map, of which you will be using to specify WHERE you spend the night at.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Randomdudeperson at 10:16PM, April 19, 2010
(online)
Townston had a long and rich history. It started when a few settlers ventured forth into the great unkown, looking for a new life. Along with these travelers, a few rowdy people also came. Ever since the small Townston was built, it had trouble with those who refused to abide by the law. You know what they say, laws where made to be broken. But it was always a typical rutine, a group of mafia would move in, intent on using Townston as their hide out, but the townies would show no tolerance to them. After a while, the mafia became stronger, and did different things to throw off the townies, but the townies would always make a comeback. After they had settled Townston for a while, the townies even went on advantures, one such time was when they went into the jungle and battled dinos! Yes the townies had gone through much, but they always pulled through. Until now. A new threat had arisen, one that mere townies couldn’t even comprehend. Time had been breached, and as such, people from both the future and past now mingled in the present. Such an occurrence couldn’t happen without side affects, let alone happen undetected. The side affects, many townies had died, and the survivors began training to fight and protect the town they loved. This changed the way of life in Townston, a change that had been occurring slowly but surely. Their way of life was changing. Would it die out? Would they hold on to their beloved past? Would they survive this next battle? That brings us to the next part of this awesome narration. The rift in time had brought some attention, mostly that of the government. A man of high status had been asigned to keep an eye on things in Townston. Too many tourists had visited here before, only to bring back stories. Dino’s, werewolves, other monsters, the Meat Shop. It all needed to be watched. And newcomers where always arriving, planning to take up residence in Townston. With all of the rumors, what did THESE people have in mind here? What where they thinking? Only time would tell. Right now, this man of high status had a job to do. He just got a tip off that a certain person was affiliated with the crisis of the time rift. Such a man, had to be silenced.

On the other side of town, a man was seething with anger! He had to wait 3 months AND pay for a liscense before he could buy a weapon, and that’s IF he could pass the test! He was even thinking of closing the Meat Shop! Where would he buy his meat then?!?! It was an outrage! And now, this fellah from the future waltzes in, “saves the day”, and is now treated like a celebrity! He had had enough of this! He marched down the street, one thing on his mind.

Random randomly walked about his house, looking for something to do. He randomly spotted his lap top, reminding him that he needed to make that narration. It was due soon. He sat down, and randomly began typing whatever came to mind. Then, there was a knock at his door. A random visiter? “Who could it be?”, Random randomly thought to himself. He opened the door.

A man in armor, holding two shields stared down at him. “Ah, I suppose you have decided to search my house for anything unusual?”, Random asked. “No need, I’m looking at one right now, and I intend to dispose of it quickly and quietly, if you don’t mind.” BANG!!!

Another man crashed through the back door. “RANDOM!!! I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!!! PREPARE TO MEET YOUR DOOM!!!”, a large, burley man roared. “Excuse me! You need a permit to break and enter a suspects house! Let me see your papers!”
“IM SICK OF YOUR PAPERS AND LISCENCES!!!”
The large man pulled out a switch blade and rushed forward. The man in armor, held his shields in front of him like a wall, and ran forward to meet his attacker. Poor, poor Random, never had a chance to dodge them.

Random the future mayor is flat as a pancake!!!

The large burly man ran off. Random was dead, that was all that mattered for today. But that government official was next. He would come back for him, this time better prepared. He sent some letters to some friends of his. Hopefully, they would share the same feelings of hatred to this new guy as they did.

The “new guy”, was also sending out letters. That man was going to cause trouble, he could tell already. He needed help to take him down, and quietly. Because of this, he would only send a few letters. If too many people knew what was going on, his boss wouldn’t be too happy. However, there was a slip up at the post office, and two letters where sent to the wrong ppl. This has resulted in the Ragers getting pissed off, since one of them got a letter, and the Elitists are now short handed.

An with that, the guilds where formed. Send in night actions people. For those of you not in a guild, you HAVE to choose where you will spend the night. Specify whether you intend to “patrol” or “hide”. For those that don’t send in actions by 4 pm DDT, I’ll randomly select your actions for you.

Day 1 lynch votes
Kroatz: 6
Rokulily
Mettaur
PoorBoyBlues
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Kroatz
*counting error*

Mettaur: 2
I Am The 1337 Master
Niccea

TheFlyingGreenMonkey: 1
Kroatz

Rokulily: 1
Maru

Product Placement: 1
Jninjashadow

Night 2 votes for Maryorp!

Mettaur/b]: 1 and in the lead!!!
Kroatz
Niccea at 10:48PM, April 19, 2010
(offline)
Is there going to be a list of roles in effect?

Edit: Haha! The library is now Accorded Neutral Territory. You can't do anything violent there. Reading only!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Randomdudeperson at 10:56PM, April 19, 2010
(online)
Ok, everyone has roles, the guilds are formed, a combo was made, and two more are underway! I love being a gm already! >:)
Randomdudeperson at 10:57PM, April 19, 2010
(online)
Niccea
Is there going to be a list of roles in effect?

Edit: Haha! The library is now Accorded Neutral Territory. You can't do anything violent there. Reading only!

All roles are secret, until death. :)

Oh, did I do everything right? The time, the name, and such?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:22PM, April 19, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
You don't get to attack a specific player. Instead, you tell me which street you want to patrol, and if an enemy is on the same street or nearby, you will attack each other.

So what about the neutrals? The ones that didn't get to join either side? If a guild member and a nuetral meet in a place do they attack each other? I mean they arn't any guilds enemy are they? Also can they team up with a guild to help them with cool combos?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Randomdudeperson at 11:46PM, April 19, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Randomdudeperson
You don't get to attack a specific player. Instead, you tell me which street you want to patrol, and if an enemy is on the same street or nearby, you will attack each other.

So what about the neutrals? The ones that didn't get to join either side? If a guild member and a nuetral meet in a place do they attack each other? I mean they arn't any guilds enemy are they? Also can they team up with a guild to help them with cool combos?

It depends. There are evil neutrals, and good neutrals and neutral neutrals. It just depends on roles. And yes, there is the possibility of teaming up. With guilds and others not in guilds. If they meet under correct surcomstances, I'll help them with this. :)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:58PM, April 19, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Randomdudeperson

It depends. There are evil neutrals, and good neutrals and neutral neutrals. It just depends on roles. And yes, there is the possibility of teaming up. With guilds and others not in guilds. If they meet under correct surcomstances, I'll help them with this. :)
Excellent >:D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Zeph at 12:02AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
This should be quite the interesting game. -adjusts fedora with a grin-
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Product Placement at 12:10AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
All right… I didn't sleep very long so I'm probably gonna get another 40 winks after this post.

I've got one question… What's preventing someone like me to say something like “Let's all meet up under the tree for a friendly chit-chat”?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Randomdudeperson at 12:17AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
All right… I didn't sleep very long so I'm probably gonna get another 40 winks after this post.

I've got one question… What's preventing someone like me to say something like “Let's all meet up under the tree for a friendly chit-chat”?

The possiblity that a bomb is now planted under that tree. You have no idea what everyone can do. You have no idea what would happen, if two mortal enemies see each other! You can do it, but its pretty risky.
ParkerFarker at 12:47AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
NOOO!!! PF Tools isn't on the map! I feel insulted!

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
rokulily at 12:55AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
ParkerFarker
then claim the blue square next to cutthroat alley and ochi's. tis unmarked and henceforth availible.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
ParkerFarker at 1:02AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
rokulily
ParkerFarker
then claim the blue square next to cutthroat alley and ochi's. tis unmarked and henceforth availible.
Well PF Tools was actually already on the map, down near Wackdonald's.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
rokulily at 1:12AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
ParkerFarker
rokulily
ParkerFarker
Well PF Tools was actually already on the map, down near Wackdonald's.

hm… then perhaps it is someplace with our library being non confrontational.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
gullas at 1:17AM, April 20, 2010
(offline)
hmmm patrol, or hide… guess I'll be patrolling my home then ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Kroatz at 4:30AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Everybody hide!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Product Placement at 8:35AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
Product Placement

The possiblity that a bomb is now planted under that tree. You have no idea what everyone can do. You have no idea what would happen, if two mortal enemies see each other! You can do it, but its pretty risky.
Well then… It's a good thing I didn't say it then, isn't it?
ParkerFarker
Once again.
Product Placement
Don't ask me. I was just following Random's specifications.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Randomdudeperson at 10:21AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Well then… It's a good thing I didn't say it then, isn't it?

Yes, its a very good thing. >:)
jninjashadow at 1:12PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Hey, I got a question, what happens if two neutrals wind up in the same place (ie do they fight or do they just nod and move on?) and for that matter, what happens if a neutral runs into a guild member? Finally what happens if guild members are in the middle of a “competition” and their are neutrals in the area?
Sorry that I ask so many questions I fell and hit my head today (actually true… and my right arm as well… it still hurts)
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Kroatz at 1:43PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
While we're on the subject of questions:
Is it possible to move a fortress? (Does any class have that ability?)
What is the penalty for betraying your clan? (If you secretly spread information)
What is the estimated duration of the game?
What do we do in the daytime? just lynching or can you still patrol?
Does every team member know the location of their clan's HQ?
Which is tougher? A platypus or a drunk duck?

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 1:54PM, April 20, 2010
(offline)
Platypus. Cuz the platypus is badass. He has poison claws in his feet, one well placed kick and *Ka-Pow!* he won't be making any more kids, but that doesn't matter, the poison is going to kill him really quickly anyways!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
jninjashadow at 1:57PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
HOW MUCH WOOD COULD A WOOD CHUCK CHUCK IFFA WOULD CHUCK HADDA CHAIN SAW?
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Anthony Mercer at 2:08PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Hey, we got loads more posts than this last time! Everyone needs to talk more! Ahem… Anyone interested in non-existent products at low, low prices? Buy now and get a free nothing! Offer void in China.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Mettaur at 2:15PM, April 20, 2010
(offline)
For the low price of free? I'd have to be crazy not to! I'll take 20 nothings for free, thanks!
Don't they already do that in China? Except you actually pay money?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Product Placement at 2:24PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Anthony Mercer
Hey, we got loads more posts than this last time! Everyone needs to talk more!
Very simple reason behind that. The game started during the night, when people normally stay quiet. Usually the game starts with words like “I NOMINATE MYSELF! VOTE FOR ME! I'M OFFERING BRIBES!”. Since there's no election, there's no reason to try and convince anyone of how awesome they are and thus no incentive for players to have a word diarrhea.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Zeph at 2:25PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
-debates drawing Zeph's Aerial Strip Club-
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Kroatz at 2:30PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Vote for me!
I don't know for what but just send in your votes to Random! If I get elected I'll promise to make each and everyone of you some virtual cookies!

VOTE KROATZ!
because the devil told you!

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 2:33PM, April 20, 2010
(offline)
Kroatz
Vote for me!
I don't know for what but just send in your votes to Random! If I get elected I'll promise to make each and everyone of you some virtual cookies!

VOTE KROATZ!
because the devil told you!
Nuh uh, Zeph didn't tell me to vote for you!
Kroatz at 2:41PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Well, I have an election poster now!

I'm already in the lead, I don't need your vote.

- Albert Einstein

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon