MAFIA... and other forum games

XXVI The Guild Wars!!!
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:02AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
Ok, sorry, I forgot to set up the page for the next gm! Um…, where do I put it, and what do I call it?
Gosh darn it Random. How many games have you played?

Name it “MAFIA XXVII GM ELECTIONS” and you post it here in the Forum Games section.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Kroatz at 4:00AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Methinks that this kind of gametype should have a sidekick-GM from now on…
I'd like this better if the whole grid thing were optional. That you could choose between killing someone on a street or just killing a person.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
ParkerFarker at 4:21AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Sorry I haven't gotten on a computer for a while. And Rokulily, you're welcome.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
maru at 6:54AM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
Um, what's a title and how you you get one?
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Product Placement at 7:38AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
maru
Um, what's a title and how you you get one?
Every once in a while, a player (or a GM) does something interesting that makes him stand out. When that happens, they tend to get titles. There's no exact science behind it but one of the unwritten rules is that players are not allowed to suggest their own titles (only Harkovast has gotten away with that when he declared himself a furry pusher).

Titles occur by sheer chance. Some people get it during the first time they played, while others don't get one until in their +10th game (I didn't get mine until around the 20th game). It's possible to get more then one title but I personally frown upon that… monkey.

Titles should not be dished out like free candy. They should be well thought off and clever.

Speaking of which…
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Randomdudeperson the Confusing
YES! A MILLION TIMES, YES!!!
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Kroatz at 8:57AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson the confusing? sounds good.
And Hark the clueless. It's be:
Harkovast the clueless. Patron saint of fingerpointing and self proclaimed furry-pusher.

- Albert Einstein
I Am The 1337 Master at 9:07AM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
To Maru:
so do something amazingly stupid. worked for me.
What I did? I got myself killed! BY ROKU. AFTER BEING THE SOLE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE TOWNIES. AND LATER HAROVAST AND ROKU GOT EVERYONE ELSE KILLED TOO. ARGH.
Well at least I'm Batman now…I mean Bruce…Bruce Wayne.
“Burcie's gonna go by Chile now. It's on sale.”

I disagree with Hark getting the clueless title.
He will probably be the only one who gets my game this summer. AND I WILL HAVE A GAME THIS SUMMER…summer's a while away…sigh. Busy 1337, busy 1337, 1337 is busy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
jninjashadow at 10:06AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Ya know, I just realized, maru was the only Rager alive. I nominate her for the title: maru the Last Rager
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Kroatz at 10:10AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Jninjashadow the useless?
Since you've not killed anyone.
Ever?

- Albert Einstein
jninjashadow at 10:34AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
Jninjashadow the useless?
Since you've not killed anyone.
Ever?
Why do you say things you know will hurt me?
Besides, I have only got one kill role in my short career the thief was about stealing, which was a system the GM never elaborated upon. And my failures are do to alcoholism!
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Product Placement at 10:38AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Let's see. I'm gonna see if I can pull up the history behind every title.

First a little bit about the titles (since people keep asking about it). The idea of giving people titles came up first during the end of Mafia V, when Niccea was titled “The great deceiver”, during the endgame narration. As Mafia VI progressed, more titles were given and eventually it became a habit. In theory, there are no rules about how a title is earned but it is generally frowned upon that the players themselves suggest their own titles. Who gets a title is rather random but it usually occurs when a player does something that stands out so much that bemused players suggest a title for him. If other players like it, it sticks. Play the game enough and you might get one too.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey. Became the everlasting Pardoner, when he won the pardoner role for the fourth time in a row. Became a Bringer of Bloodbaths after killing off the entire town as the serial killer. Game VII

Gullas became known as the Impaler when he got the role of the vigilante and ended up killing more townies then the criminals did. Is a terrible gambler for making one of the worst bets in history of mafia games.

harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing. Got that for his relentless blame throwing in the early games. The title “Self Proclaimed Furry Pusher” is the only time where a player managed to suggest his own title, partially. Mafia XVIII GM election.

jninjashadow the Town Drunk. For roleplaying a drunk person.

rokulily the Minister of Cuteness. Because she's just that cute.

Product Placement the Game Master. Part because I've hosted more mafia game then any other players. Part because I run them pretty well.

Salsa the Luckless. Every time he got a criminal role, he ended up getting himself killed or lynched out of bad luck. It was never the clues that got him but usually he said something in the forum that made people lash out at him or suspect him.

Niccea the Great Deceiver. One of the first titles. In game V, she became the Godfather and won the election, becoming the mayor as well. The town never suspected a thing until it was too late. She was also titled as the Keeper of Records since she's responsible for the mafia comic and all related knowledge.

I Am The 1337 Is the god damn Batman because I've never seen a more successful vigilante. He lived for 4 nights and attacked a criminal, every night.

ParkerFarker the Crazy Glow Stick Stabber. Based on one of FlyingGreeenMonkey's narrations.

Anthony Mercer the Emotional Lurker. Never said anything in one of the games and was upset about being lynched.

crocty became the Usual Suspect because he was ALWAYS getting a mafia role. So often did he get it that players automatically started to suspect him of being mafia at the start of every game.

hakoshen is the spartan because he made brutal narrations as a GM. First mentioned Game IV

Waff-Man. He's the homeless caped crusader of townston. Got that title for being an interesting vigilante. Game IV

Exzachly the smuggest. Won the smuggest competition against harkovast.

Retaya the dramatic. She only had to kill one more person to win the game for the town but she kept procrastinating in order to make the game more exiting (by making the other players believe that the bad guys were about to win).

Aghammer the Explosive. Helped destroy the town as a mad hatter variant.

Pastel the Mass murderer. Got that for being the first serial killer to win a game (by being the last person standing).

That's all the titles I can think off (and research).

jninjashadow
Ya know, I just realized, maru was the only Rager alive. I nominate her for the title: maru the Last Rager
You know what? That one ain't that bad.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
rokulily at 10:45AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
What I did? I got myself killed! BY ROKU. AFTER BEING THE SOLE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE TOWNIES. AND LATER HARKOVAST AND ROKU GOT EVERYONE ELSE KILLED TOO. ARGH.

heeheehee, it was a good game, crazy but good. 'sides, you kept killing my mafia- it was justified.

also, thank you parkerfarker!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
maru at 10:49AM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
jninjashadow the Town Drunk. For roleplaying a drunk person.
Why doesn't that surprise me?

Product Placement
jninjashadow

You know what? That one ain't that bad.
I agree. It's kind of cool.
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Product Placement at 10:52AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
You know what I just realized? Rokulily keeps winning in the games that I host.

Mafia XI - They did the Mash. Role: Van Helsing. Killed off the monster leaders.

Mafia XIII - Heaven or Hell. Role: Rebellious spirit, Died in the end but her side won.

Mafia XVII - The Madness Continues. Role: Jack the Ripper. Got voted in as mayor and achieved neutral victory.

Mafia XXIII - Back to the Basics. Role: Godfather. Killed off the entire town with the exception of Harkovast, the appointed mayor who joined forces with her.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 12:08PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
TFGM came up with a whole shitload of titles, I was Kroatz the Die Hard!
Which actually was true in this game as well… so, ehm Yay!

- Albert Einstein
Zeph at 12:14PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
I nominate the wall for the title. “The don't do shitter” cause, well the wall really doesn't do anything
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:36PM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
That's cause she's evil PP. EVIL.

And justice must be served! On a plate!!! With your head!!! With Roku's head!!!

Take out heaven and hell. That don't count.

I on the other hand won one game.
Therealtj's. My first.
Every other time I got killed.
Wait…not in Gonzo Bean's.
Let's see… (taken from PP's list on the Mafia Discussion Thread…pg 25 everyone)

Mafia XX - The Book of Foreshadowing. By therealtj. Classic game with the twist where books of power can be exchanged between players.

I was the book hunter. Had my role revealed and got both books and used them to own. I had no fuckin clue what I was doing.

Mafia XXI - Battle of the Gods!. By GarBonzo Bean. Greek Mythology themed mafia. Gods vs Titans.

I was Ares…I lived and had my role revealed. BY THE GM. AGAIN. Tried to run for GM after this one. Didn't get any votes. I thought it was a cool game setup.

Mafia XXII - Mystery Mafia. By Niccea. Classic game with the twist where all roles are hidden from players during the first turn.

I was the mad hatter but it was the old version of him. Salsa killed me? Oh…I wasn't angry about it because then Roku and TGFM went boom. I had been planning to kill Roku cause she had found out I was who I was and wanted a cool end to the game. So I blew her up. Along witht the monkey. Granted I died before them but the explosions were apparently epic, or so I was told in hell…

Mafia XXIII - Back to the Basics. By Product Placement Classic game (apart from the ball hat man role ^^).

I was the vigilante. Game in which I got my title. (fun game) Got killed by attacking roku but getting my action in later and anyway, she had an “extra life”
It was here I began my fighting with Roku.

Mafia XXIV - Wild Wild West edition. By Salsa. Wild West themed.

heh you messed up the salsa link.
I was the tracker/veteran. got lynched for killing…getting roku killed.

and then this one…

I died…last three games? Was “mafia” twice including this time.

Ahh memories…barely any things to remember.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Kroatz at 1:38PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Roku isn't evil…
You just can't trust her.
At least, I found that I couldn't. She's a real talented Mafia player, and i for one will NEVER work with her again. Except if I feel like it.

————————————————————–

Whereé the election thread? I have a good Idea and I truly believe I'll get picked this time because my Idea is much better than everyone elses!

- Albert Einstein
Zeph at 1:59PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
She worked pretty well with me.

I was trying to play Age of empires with the game. XD
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Product Placement at 3:02PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
Mafia XXIII - Back to the Basics. By Product Placement Classic game (apart from the ball hat man role ^^).

I was the vigilante. Game in which I got my title. (fun game)
Of course it was fun. All my games are fun.
I Am The 1337 Master
heh you messed up the salsa link.
I guess it's due for an update.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 4:00PM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey. Became the everlasting Pardoner, when he won the pardoner role for the fourth time in a row. Became a Bringer of Bloodbaths after killing off the entire town as the serial killer.
As well as himself. The he did it again, but without himself in the death toll.

Product Placement
Salsa the Luckless. Every time he got a criminal role, he ended up getting himself killed or lynched out of bad luck. It was never the clues that got him but usually he said something in the forum that made people lash out at him or suspect him.
And having everyone die while I was GM. I think I proposed that title as well.

Product Placement
Aghammer the Explosive. I think she got that one after being the mad hatter once. I don't know what she did that made her stand out.
I think that one was because she helped TFGM get the 100% death toll. I actually can't remember why exactly I proposed that one.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Product Placement at 4:10PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Salsa
Product Placement
And having everyone die while I was GM. I think I proposed that title as well.
I thought your title was suggested earlier than that. We started talking about your terrible luck as a player, once the monster mash game was over.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 4:24PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
While we're on the subject of me being interviewed:
I've been interviewed!

- Albert Einstein
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:38PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Salsa
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey. Became the everlasting Pardoner, when he won the pardoner role for the fourth time in a row. Became a Bringer of Bloodbaths after killing off the entire town as the serial killer.
As well as himself. The he did it again, but without himself in the death toll.

The secound time I did it, PP gave me these amazing titles

Product Placement
14.TheFlyingGreenMonkey the everlasting pardoner, bringer of bloodbaths, the Imperialist of Townston, first one to receive three titles, record holder of titles and the wearer of the green hat.

Also Salsa, AG is a “he” and I suggested “the explosive” cause he helped me blow up the town.

@PP: you forgot Pastel! I gave her the title of Mass Murderer. For killing everyone but herself.

Product Placement at 5:04PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Also Salsa, AG is a “he” and I suggested “the explosive” cause he helped me blow up the town.
Shoot. His damn avatar kept confusing me.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
@PP: you forgot Pastel!
Not anymore I did.

Now… can anyone explain to me why Exzachly became known as Exzachly the smuggest?

Also, why is Gullas known as a terrible gambler?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
rokulily at 5:35PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Now… can anyone explain to me why Exzachly became known as Exzachly the smuggest?

Also, why is Gullas known as a terrible gambler?

that was my game exzachly and harkovast were holding a smug contest throughout the entire game until exzachly won that contest and was lynched.

gullas is a bad gambler because he gambled that he was the zombie leader and was instalynched when he lost the election, and he was just a townie.
Kroatz
Roku isn't evil…
You just can't trust her.
i am indeed not evil; and as for trustworthy… eh, depends. if i say that i'm going to do something i will- if i make no promises then it can be a shot in the dark.

an' l33t, you didn't get me killed in wild west- just shipped to iceland. i sent you guys a postcard and everything!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Product Placement at 5:45PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
rokulily
exzachly and harkovast were holding a smug contest throughout the entire game until exzachly won that contest and was lynched.
Oh right.
rokulily
an' l33t, you didn't get me killed in wild west- just shipped to iceland. i sent you guys a postcard and everything!
Which helped prove why she deserved her title.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:10PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
rokulily
And while you were away I remodeled the town! I made it prettyful :3

Also all those titles are real. Every last one. I hold the record! Me! The wearer of the green hat!

Niccea at 7:31PM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
Sorry for being late on the conversation, but Hark didn't really title himself the furry pusher. At one time between The Madness Continues and This is Halloween (can't find the post yet…could have even been a PQ thing), Hark was tired about being Townston's patron saint and wanted a new title (either that or he was jealous of TFGM and I for having two titles).

I told him he only had two choices for his new title.

Harkovast the comic pusher

or

Harkovast the furry

EDIT: I also said Harkovast the insane

Both ended up combined and Rokulily, the GM of that game, just put “self proclaimed” in the title slot.

EDIT: I found it! GM Election XVIII. Start at this post and keep reading down.

And that is why I'm called the keeper of records. I got a weird memory that allows me to remember these nuisances.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 8:13PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Niccea
And that is why I'm called the keeper of records. I got a weird memory that allows me to remember these nuisances.
That's definitely the reason why you got that title.

I'm gonna post this list I made in the title thread, in the mafia forum, with “clickies” that lead us to all the posts where the appropriate titles were first introduced. I'm slowly and gradually working my way through it but it will take some time and I'll appreciate all help.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon