MAFIA... and other forum games

XXVII
Randomdudeperson at 1:53AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
Game play:

Here are the changes that I’ve made to the original game style.

You don't get to attack a specific player. Instead, you tell me which street you want to patrol, and if an enemy is on the same street or nearby, you will attack each other. To keep it simple, the street names will just be numbers and letters, and the amount of streets I use will depend on how many ppl play.

Also, all actions happen AT THE SAME TIME!!! The more friends you work with, the better your chances of survival!

There are two fortresses, one for each guild. They will have their own specific spot on the map, that only the guild members will know. If you choose not to prowl the streets, your action will by default to stay in the fortress. However, your mission is to find and eliminate the enemy fortress, so you can’t stay hidden forever! Planning has to go into raiding a fortress in order for it to succeed.

A lot of things depend on random chance. Did you detect the trap? Did you see the footprint? Where you able to put 2 and 2 together? All this will be chosen by the all mighty D100! I know how a lot of you LOVE it so much! >: )

Also, you don’t have a set amount of lives. It’ll all depend on who you are, who attacked you, and of course, the die rolls.

Roles:

All roles are different! Everyone has an ability! However, the only roles you know, are your own and your guild members.

The guilds:

I will randomly select two ppl that are guild bosses in the beginning of the game. They will tell me an amount of ppl's names that they want to invite into their guild. (I will decide how many invites they are allotted, depending on the amount of ppl playing) I will then tell the chosen ppl that they have been invited into Either the Ragers guild or the Eliteists guild. The person will either accept the invite, or not. All ppl in the same guild will know each others roles and abilities. A lot of players become stronger when working with other ppl.

Elitists:

This is a government run operation. They know who to talk to, so they have all the gizmos. They are mostly focused on the defensive side, and are considered to be the “good side”.

Ragers:

These ppl HATE the government! They might be poor, but they have a lot of rage to them, making them lethal! This guild focuses on mass destruction and is seen as the “bad” side.

Which guild you want to join will depend on your role. A good guy will be executed for joining the Ragers, and visa versa. I will tell you where you want to go, along with your role and abilities. Some roles become stronger when they join a guild. And if you don't join a guild, don't worry. It's not the end of the world! :)

Combos:

Many roles have matches. Some matches benefit ppl, while other matches are mortal enemies. If mortal enemies join the same guild, chaos will ensue! I'll pq you and your guild when either event happens.

Any questions, just send me a message!

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Wich means narrations will be up around 7-8 p.m. Depending on my work schedule. I've decided that I will tell everyone their roles Sunday, but start the game Monday. That way, it'll give ppl enough time to get aquainted with their roles, and it'll give the bosses time to put their guilds together. Plz, no pqing roles to each other or posting them for ppl to see ANYWHER, BEFORE you enter a guild. After that, you can do whatever, but its best to keep it secret, except from your team mates. Thankyou.

Players so far:

1. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths
2. Gullas the Impaler and Terrible Gambler
3. Kroatz
4. harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and Self Proclaimed Furry Pusher
5. jninjashadow the Town Drunk
6. maru
7. Mettaur
8. same
9. rokulily the Minister of Cuteness
10. Shirkersama
11. Product Placement the Game Master
12. Zeph
13. PoorBoyBlues
14. Salsa the Luckless
15. Niccea the Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records
16. I Am The 1337 Master the Freakin Awsome Batman
…sorry, I just don't feel comfortable with cussing. :/
17. ParkerFarker the Crazy Glow Stick Stabber
18. Anthony Mercer the Emotional Lurker
19. Rengishi

Map will be made after I have found out who all is playing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:56AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
I claim first for the ELITES!

Also it has been a while since we've had sign up thread in forum games.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
gullas at 2:00AM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
so this is the sign in thread? No? Yes?…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Kroatz at 2:21AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
I be signin´ yo!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
harkovast at 2:24AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
They let RANDOM host one of these games?
NOOOOOO!!!!!

*watches everything we've built crumble to dust.*

Oh, and I'm in!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
jninjashadow at 3:50AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
Sigh me up my good man.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
maru at 3:52AM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
Um Hi. I was told I should join this game by jninja. So um sign me up I suppose.
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Mettaur at 4:08AM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
A friend of ninja is a friend of mine, welcome aboard! Also, sign me up!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
same at 4:10AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
In.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Kroatz at 5:06AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
A friend of Ninja is a friend of…
Mett.
lol.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
rokulily at 6:38AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
i'm in!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
shirkersama at 8:08AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
I'm in.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
Product Placement at 8:49AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
I suppose I'll be checking this thing out.

P.S. This is game XXVI, not VII.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Zeph at 9:04AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
I'm in if I can stab random people
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Randomdudeperson at 10:44AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
harkovast
They let RANDOM host one of these games?
NOOOOOO!!!!!

*watches everything we've built crumble to dust.*

Oh, and I'm in!

You don't know how true that statement is. :p

maru
Um Hi. I was told I should join this game by jninja. So um sign me up I suppose.
Well, I welcome you! I should warn you though, I've never gmd before, so I'm quite the noob, so in other words, YOU'RE IN FOR A TREAT!!! :)

Product Placement
I suppose I'll be checking this thing out.

Oh? Sorry, I don't know my roman numerals that well. But TFGM signup said XXVI, so I thought the next step would be to add another I at the end?

Zeph

Well, you can't stabe ME, but you may be able to stab others. :P

So then, its come to my attention that I've already made some mistakes. -.- So, where SHOULD I have put the signup thread? And yes, this is the signup thread. Also, where is the timezone map and all the fine print that goes with it? I've tried finding it, but I can't navigate very well. Also, how do I link ppls names to their profiles and make the spoiler boxes? I know that it may seem bleak now, but once I get this thing started, YOU PPL WONT REGRET IT!!! :)

Also, the game will start Monday, the time still to be decided since I don't know when I'm working that day, if at all.
PoorBoyBlues at 10:45AM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I claim first for the ELITES!

Also it has been a while since we've had sign up thread in forum games.
You fiend!
Roses are red, Violents blue but I can't afford ethier cause I have those poor boy blues.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Randomdudeperson at 11:33AM, April 16, 2010
(online)
13 ppl so far. Also, where would I find everyones titles? Wheres Niccea when you need her!?! :p

I've decided to change my avi in honor of the occasion. -.-
Salsa at 11:50AM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
Randomdudeperson
So then, its come to my attention that I've already made some mistakes. -.- So, where SHOULD I have put the signup thread? And yes, this is the signup thread. Also, where is the timezone map and all the fine print that goes with it? I've tried finding it, but I can't navigate very well. Also, how do I link ppls names to their profiles and make the spoiler boxes? I know that it may seem bleak now, but once I get this thing started, YOU PPL WONT REGRET IT!!! :)

Also, the game will start Monday, the time still to be decided since I don't know when I'm working that day, if at all.
Spoiler tags

put text here.

except without the spaces

there should be a timezone map in the first post of the GM election thread.

linking to profiles is a little involved.
1. right click the person's name next to their post.
2. select “Copy Link Address” or something similar (should be the same though) from
the menu.
3. go to the post with the players list.
4. Highlight the person's name and click the link button at the top of the text
box.
5. add an = to the url tag and paste the link address after it
(user_name like this, just omit the
spaces)

just one word of advice about editing, The post gets very complex looking as you add tags, especially the players list, just take your time and make sure you got the right thing.

As for the signup thread. It's been in the GD forum for as long as I've been playing, but I don't know of a reason why it can't be here.

Oh, I'm playing, but I probably won't be on until sunday evening server time. Reason why, I am working 16.5 hours from 10 pm tonight until 10pm tomorrow night and then driving home. (for the curious, 10pm-4am Campus JJ's, 11am-2pm Northport JJ's, 2pm-5pm Campus, 5:30pm-10pm Northport alternating between the store I work at and the one on campus. Oh and I'm gonna have to refuel my car to go home)

Alright, going to sleep so I can actually work tonight.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Randomdudeperson at 2:08PM, April 16, 2010
(online)
Salsa
Randomdudeperson

Spoiler tags

put text here.

except without the spaces

there should be a timezone map in the first post of the GM election thread.

linking to profiles is a little involved.
1. right click the person's name next to their post.
2. select “Copy Link Address” or something similar (should be the same though) from
the menu.
3. go to the post with the players list.
4. Highlight the person's name and click the link button at the top of the text
box.
5. add an = to the url tag and paste the link address after it
(user_name like this, just omit the
spaces)

just one word of advice about editing, The post gets very complex looking as you add tags, especially the players list, just take your time and make sure you got the right thing.

As for the signup thread. It's been in the GD forum for as long as I've been playing, but I don't know of a reason why it can't be here.

Oh, I'm playing, but I probably won't be on until sunday evening server time. Reason why, I am working 16.5 hours from 10 pm tonight until 10pm tomorrow night and then driving home. (for the curious, 10pm-4am Campus JJ's, 11am-2pm Northport JJ's, 2pm-5pm Campus, 5:30pm-10pm Northport alternating between the store I work at and the one on campus. Oh and I'm gonna have to refuel my car to go home)

Alright, going to sleep so I can actually work tonight.

Ty for the help! Now I just need to know where to find the map and titles. 0.o
Product Placement at 2:15PM, April 16, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
Product Placement
Oh? Sorry, I don't know my roman numerals that well. But TFGM signup said XXVI, so I thought the next step would be to add another I at the end?
Monkey's thread said XXVI because it was an election to find the GM for the 26th game. When you host the next election thread it will be for game number XXVII.

For more information about roman numerals, you can look at this list.

Randomdudeperson
The sign-up thread normally goes into the general discussion category in order to attract new players but that's nothing to worry about. If you want to move it, you should be able to ask a moderator to do that for you (you should be able to fix the title while s/he's at it).

Here's the timezone map, along with all its additional info.
Rulebook

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Here are most of the titles, copied from Niccea's big list.

crocty the Usual Suspect
hakoshen the spartan
Waff-Man
Product Placement the game master.
gullas the Impaler and terrible gambler.
Harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and self proclaimed furry pusher
Niccea the Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths
Exzachly the smuggest
Salsa the luckless
Anthony Mercer the emotional lurker
Retaya the dramatic
Aghammer the Explosive
rokulily the Minister of Cuteness
I Am The 1337 Master the Goddamn Batman

Salsa's info is also good but his user url tag is missing something.

It should be like this: user_name

Here's my name and title as an example. You can press the quote button if you want to take a look at the code in working condition.
Product Placement the Game Master.
When you're creating the players list, a handy thing that you can do is to copy/paste the code and replace the name of the last player with the new one.

Also, when you're assigning roles, might I suggest Random.org for a good randomizer?
When I use it, I assign a number for every player (usually give 1 to the first player to sign up (in this case, monkey), 2 to the second player and so on).
Then write down into the randomizer every single role that's needed into the game (if more then one player has the same role (like townies, hitmen and paramedics), write down that role multiple times).
Press randomize and match the numbers.
Congratulations, you've just given every player a random role.

That should be everything that you need to know. You can PQ me for any additional info.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
jninjashadow at 2:22PM, April 16, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
crocty the Usual Suspect
hakoshen the spartan
Waff-Man
Product Placement the game master.
gullas the Impaler and terrible gambler.
Harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and self proclaimed furry pusher
Niccea the Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths
Exzachly the smuggest
Salsa the luckless
Anthony Mercer the emotional lurker
Retaya the dramatic
Aghammer the Explosive
rokulily the Minister of Cuteness
I Am The 1337 Master the Goddamn Batman
What, no drunk?
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
same at 2:25PM, April 16, 2010
(online)
Zeph

Thats my deal!

Also HAHAHAHA
GM fail

I'm getting a bad role for that aren't I?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Mettaur at 2:37PM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
Probably will, I think you'd be a Rager anyways. Just your type of style in these games.

Hey, Random, need help drawing? I really want to help, I have absolutely NOTHING to do this weekend, what can I do?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Product Placement at 3:40PM, April 16, 2010
(online)
jninjashadow
What, no drunk?
I just copied the list from Niccea. She hasn't updated it.
same
I'm getting a bad role for that aren't I?
Yeah you are.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 5:36PM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
Sign me up, Scotty!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Mettaur at 5:39PM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
Uh, I kinda recommended Mafia Games to a few people, but I told them everything and detail about the original version, I think they'll be confused when they join here. Guys, if I told you that this is good game to play and the roles and stuff, this is not the standard game, more experiment or something, so if you get confused, probably my fault. Sorry!
Zeph at 5:40PM, April 16, 2010
(online)
Everyone forgets about Zeph the flashy killer… I mean come on, I killed a Gundam AND Salsa, while keeping my suit clean DX

XD
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
harkovast at 6:22PM, April 16, 2010
(online)
The role I want is the “guy who shamelessly plugs his web comic at people!”

READ HARKOVAST!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Harkovast/

Oh wait, that's the role I already have in real life…

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:48PM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
On the general discussion forum in the rant thread 1337
Well let's get positive.
Walked over to the auditorium early and I was hyper. Got in 'cause a teacher was there and had an hour to spend. So I looked around and lo and behold we have a Batman costume. Put on the mask and cape and…went into the parking lot. Hung from trees, sat on high ledges…poles…art, and …other stuff…cars. Can you spell “how to scare the shit out of multiple people”? Had 7 screams, 70? laughs, and more than I counted “What the hell are you doing Joey?” It was great. Scared an entire classroom full of people. That was most the screams. IT WAS GREAT.
But I was really hyper at rehearsal. Uncontrollably hyper. Was a very feminine King Arthur, Batman, Bruce Wayne, Batman, Batman, Batman, a couple different variations of a man in a straight jacket, and the goddamn Batman acting as Bruce Wayne.
Hit my break point. Calmed down. Ate more cake. Repeat.
just adding on to why I have my title.

weird way to sign up…I'm in.

wanna be mafia this round. watch me get to be the mafioso. you'll know. i'll just keep sending horseheads.
…but there is not a mafia…make me a rager…anarchist
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Mettaur at 7:00PM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
We wished not to have it come to this, to settle this peacefully, but the riots have ended any hopes of that. When you started holding the wives and children of officers and officials hostage, and started to execute them, that was the final straw. We will show you no mercy, we are the elite, you are the psychopaths. We are the saviors, you are the demons. Prepare for your death.

Also, that sounded like something I would do, if I had a costume. Excellent work, 1337, you have made me proud!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon