Comic Talk and General Discussion *

YEHAW! It's time to saddle up for Mafia XXIV
Salsa at 9:14PM, March 5, 2010
(offline)

Mafia: Wild Wild West Edition
Saddle up pardner, we're goin' in fer a bumpy ride, YEHAW!

Back when the west was untamed, there was a little boom town called Townston. Gold flowed like water and silver cropped up like wildflowers. Too bad those Badland Gang and Musty Bill characters hadn't stayed out.

Roles
TOWNIES

Mayor(1) elected
Hang 'im high!: The mayor can pick on of the town folk to be strung up like a pinata up to an hour after being elected, be warned though, you could string up an innocent town's person.
As the law allows: The mayor has the full weight of the law behind him.
Two fer one: During the night the mayor can arrange for two people to dance the hangman's jig. Every one votes twice.
Meat sh- I mean My deputies, Defend your Mayor!: cannot be attacked or dueled while a deputy is alive. This also applies to the Pardoner

Pardoner(1) elected
Yeah he ain't swinging today: Can cancel two lynches during the game. If used on a two fer one, only one is canceled.

Librarian(1) The Librarian is told the role of one villager and one villager only.

Detective=> Gossiper(1)
Ya know who's going to be shooting at noon: the gossiper can cancel two duels during the game. If the power is used on a person who isn't going to duel, it is wasted. The gossiper can also cancel the duel for himself.
Do ya see what so and so did: The gossiper can ask if a person is pro- or anti-town twice. They can also ask if a person is connected to a crime. He can do only one a day though.
Do ya know where so and so went:The gossiper can save an abducted townie from the Psycho, if they guess wrong however, it'll be grisly for whoever it was that was really kidnapped.

Paranoid=>ish Crazy old man Higgins(1)
Booby trapped: Crazy old man Higgins was a miner back in the day, but a few too many rocks and concussions to the head has made him a little addled. He still has access to some dynamite though and he intends to use it, He blows up the first person unfortunate enough visit him at night. He is addled though sooooo, he doesn't know who he is.

Veteran=> Tracker(1)
Son, I've fought Bears!: Due to being awesome and tough, the Tracker must be attacked twice before he can die. Lynchings still take only once though.

Paramedic/Vigilante=> Marshalls(3)
cha-chook: Marshalls can protect one person from one attack at night. they cannot protect each other though.
bang: Marshalls can kill one person a night, but not if they're protecting someone

Bodyguard=> deputies(2)These poor saps are your standard MK. I meat shield.

Townie(who ever is left over) After a hard day's lynching, they're easy pickings, but after a good night's sleep, the torches and pitch forks come out.

The Badland Gang
Godfather=> Musty Bill(1)
Shoot out, noon: Musty Bill has a rap sheet as long as the Great Plains are wide. It includes murder, arson, cattle rustling, kidnapping, and spitting, He is also a crack shot. He duels for amusement, and if you don't show up, don't expect to be on the ground much longer, if you catch my drift. Musty Bill can duel someone during the day cycle, but it will take place during the next day cycle.
Ain't noone but us chickens senor: Appears as a townie and cannot be attacked while in effect. he can still duel people though
If you wanna do somethin' right: Appears as Musty Bill and now has the ability to kill directly, but must choose whether to duel or kill.
I stole the rope: can cancel on lynch or a two fer one. Spares everyone in the latter case.

Mad Hatter=> Mad Miner(1)
Nitro!: Can be placed on two people at once, but only one person can be targeted a night. They are activated when A ) the Mad miner chooses, or B ) when the Mad Miner dies (yes it is that unstable).

Mafia=> Hired guns(2 or 3)We shoot crap up once a night.

sociopath
Psycho(1):The psycho is an escapee from the insane asylum. He has a heart as black as pitch and a mind more unhinged than the local saloon's doors. He can kidnap a townie and if they aren't rescued by dawn two days after, then well, you just don't wanna know.

Days and nights alternate. Each day or night last 24 hours in real time. For example, day one begins at 21:00 GMT then night one begins at 21:00 GMT the nest day.
Days and nights will start at 21:00 GMT
I will not accept actions or votes after 20:30 GMT.

If you are not sure about what 21:00 GMT is in your time zone, see the charts below to find out.

Rules:
Inactivity:
If a person has not posted on the thread or voted in a lynching in two days (48 hours real time) they will be taken out of the game at the end of the current cycle. The only exception is if the person lets me know that they will be unable to post or vote ahead of time.

Minors:
If you can't receive PQ's then you can't play. Sorry to be harsh, but this is to make things easier on everybody. This game runs on PQ's, it makes it really hard to make a strategy if you can't get them.

Clues:
Clues will come from profiles, avatars, sigs, comic titles, and the first few pages of any comics a person has. Clues can be found in basically anything. The default gender will be male though. Narrations will probably be rather graphic, you have been warned.

Note: I also reserve the right to ban anyone who is acting like a Jackass. Even if you don't know the people playing personally, please show them the same respect you should show you friends. I hate to be a jerk about it, but it isn't as much fun to play when you have a person calling you an idiot all the time.

Oh one last thing, actions and votes are done in the order that they are received. That means that if a Marshall places a hit on the Mad Miner and then the Mad Miner places a Nitro on someone, then the Alchemist is killed and the bomb is not placed. Same thing for a lynch. If there is a tie, it is the person who hit the number of votes first that dies.

I will draw one scene from the narration every day and night cycle, but it'll be later than the narration. =^-^=
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
seventy2 at 9:26PM, March 5, 2010
(online)
FIRST
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Salsa at 9:28PM, March 5, 2010
(offline)
*Shoots Seventy2*

Just so everyone knows this Musty Bill can only duel twice (I'll fix it in the game thread but I'm to lazy to hunt down the right lines.

1. Seventy2
2. Rokulily
3. Randomdude
4. D_Dude
5. Kroatz
6. Mettaur
7. Product Placement
8. Anthony Mercer
9. I am the l337 master
10.Niccea
11.Same
12.Harkovast
13.jninjashadow
14.TheFlyingGreenMonkey
15.PoorBoyBlues
16.Killerbob
RAGE!
seventy2 at 9:31PM, March 5, 2010
(online)
:(

i die before the game even starts???
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
rokulily at 9:51PM, March 5, 2010
(online)
that person in that picture seems awfully… familiar…

well sign me up!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Randomdudeperson at 10:37PM, March 5, 2010
(online)
@ PP: Ok, so you still managed to make the most epic narration at the end of the game. I'm amazed. :)

@ Salsa: Well, congrats on the gm win, now I have to go back and read it all. :p

@ Niccea: :(

@ Everyone: So, my suspicions about Hark and Same where correct. Told yall. But more importantly, WHY!?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU VOTE FOR ME?!?! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY NEXT WEEK!!! I'M SICK AND NEED SOMETHING TO DO!!! I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO RUN!!! :cry2: Oh well, I'll just try again next time, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again,…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
D_Dude at 12:53AM, March 6, 2010
(online)
I'll play as well
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Salsa at 12:54AM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
seventy2
:(

i die before the game even starts???

Aw suck it up. I just shot ya in the foot.
RAGE!
Salsa at 12:56AM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
rokulily
that person in that picture seems awfully… familiar…

well sign me up!
Consider it a tribute to the lovely Godfather who baked me a cupcake.
RAGE!
Kroatz at 4:14AM, March 6, 2010
(online)
Sign me up!
I, Kroatz shall smite thee all!
Ehm…
I mean shoot y'all in the face partner.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Mettaur at 4:38AM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
Yeeehaw! The Regulators are back home! Saddle up your Brahmin, this'll be a bumpy ride! Sign me up, pardner!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:13AM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
I usually sign up within the top 5.

Let's try this again.

I sign up!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Kroatz at 5:33AM, March 6, 2010
(online)
Why is this in general discussions?

- Albert Einstein
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:39AM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
This is where the sign up thread goes. The game thread will be in the forum games forum when it starts. It's so that people actually know of the game's starting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Product Placement at 5:48AM, March 6, 2010
(online)
I reckon that signing up would be in order.
Randomdudeperson
WHY!?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU VOTE FOR ME?!?!
It's most likely due to the game concept. It's just that it's so different that many players might not be willing to try it out and opt for something that's more easy to understand. None the less, it's an interesting concept and I recommend that you keep working on it while explaining it better over at mafia discussion.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Anthony Mercer at 7:13AM, March 6, 2010
(online)
I would be happy to join in.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Kroatz at 8:21AM, March 6, 2010
(online)
Anthony
I would be happy to join in.

Aren't you excited…

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 10:35AM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
Hm, and unprotected town. Well, I guess we should protect it. Come on you babies, Townston is just this way! I'm sure we'll find a doc fer your wounds, but first, lets find a place to eat. I'm as hungry as a Behemoth is stupid! In fact, this place looks pretty dry, you think they would pay well for some water? Eh, now's not the time fer money anyways, we're the goddamn Regulators, lets find this Musty Bill, and show him how the Regulators do their job! Yeeeeehaw!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Mettaur at 12:32PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
You all know who to not vote for, no matter what, right? Right? Because we don't want so many innocents killed, right?
Salsa at 1:26PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
Mettaur
You all know who to not vote for, no matter what, right? Right? Because we don't want so many innocents killed, right?
I guess now would not be a good time to mention that last time I was GM EVERYONE died.
RAGE!
Mettaur at 1:50PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
Uh, no, I was talking about someone else, but now…there are 2 people you shouldn't vote for. Pretty obvious I think. Both caused death, massive civilian casualties, one you should definitely know. The other is equally obvious, as he burned down the town, for fun. Then teamed up with the ML and drove off to Las Vegas. Remember these words of wisdom! I shalt not speak their names, for their unjust retribution would be a terror to speak of. And remember, I am a good man, even if you don;t vote me though, I warn you not to vote for those two. But if I am voted, I will post awesome videos, possibly posters. And I protect my allies well. Time for an epic video on Fallout 3. Enjoy!
Kroatz at 1:54PM, March 6, 2010
(online)
Oh NO!
We're all gonna die!
Cowboy style!
It is a relief that for once I won't be the only one wearing leather…

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 2:06PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
What? Naw, we wear cloth, with metal plates underneath to protect against bullets. Vote for the Mettaur, for like the helmet of a mettaur, he'll protect yer from that damn Musty Bill! And show some western pride, you show as good a man as a prairie dog, high on jet, and hung upside down in a vat of sweet, sweet preserves! Be a man! Face up against them goddamn bandits, or they'll just take all yer gold and yer women! And they don't return neither! So fight!
Kroatz at 2:17PM, March 6, 2010
(online)
Ugh… Fallout references starts to bore me.
You so deserve a Ghoul to the face Mettaur…

- Albert Einstein
Randomdudeperson at 3:11PM, March 6, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
I reckon that signing up would be in order.
Randomdudeperson
WHY!?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU VOTE FOR ME?!?!
It's most likely due to the game concept. It's just that it's so different that many players might not be willing to try it out and opt for something that's more easy to understand. None the less, it's an interesting concept and I recommend that you keep working on it while explaining it better over at mafia discussion.

lol Yeah i suppose i can describe it better. :p
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Mettaur at 3:11PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
Fallout is like my signature. What, you want me to make references to Phineus and Ferb? They suck, in my respective opinion, and Fallout IS a good game. Ghoul to the face? You want to see a ghoul…you disgust me. (Not really, but that is a sick thing to say)
Salsa at 3:21PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
Mettaur
Fallout is like my signature. What, you want me to make references to Phineus and Ferb? They suck, in my respective opinion, and Fallout IS a good game. Ghoul to the face? You want to see a ghoul…you disgust me. (Not really, but that is a sick thing to say)

Yeah but it gets annoying after awhile.
RAGE!
Mettaur at 3:40PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
Aight, I'll stop, I'll stop, but would it have hurt ya none to say it more, nicely? Y'know, sayin it in a way tha don't make none feel bad bout themselves.
D_Dude at 12:19AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
We'll have to get cowboy avatars i suppose. Themed avatars is one of the most amusing parts of this, I think.
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
gullas at 4:44AM, March 7, 2010
(offline)
As much as I'd like to play, then my almost meaningless existence here in this dimension is making it rather difficult for me (meaning by the same time next week, I'll be in Trier and am going to stay there for 2 weeks). So I'm going to pass this one :/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon