Random Discussion

yes we have no bananas
herio at 5:24PM, Jan. 25, 2011
(online)
i was amazed this song is reall i thought it was just a weird quote from classic Simpson's epasode but it is a song

the Muppet's covered it though its not the same

and the one who idid the banana song did this song to

the song was used in old donld duck cartoon called Der Fuehrer's Face it was anti-Nazi propaganda and was Donald Duck cartoon to win an Oscar. i seen it it was intresthing thouh i thought Hitler's Children Education For Death ran it home back of i'll shut up now
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
rokulily at 6:46PM, Jan. 25, 2011
(online)
… i grew up with this song as it was approved song material by the parentals. as with many others… i've got a lovely bunch of coconuts deedly dee dee… put the lime in the coconuts then shake em' all up… shake shake shake senora, shake it all the time, work work work senora, work your body line… work all night on a drink of rum, daylight come and me wan' go home

it was an interesting childhood, music wise

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
bravo1102 at 4:36AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Ayup. Spike Jones wrote stuff in the 1940s that influence lots of stuff until today.
Guess I was lucky that my parents were WWII kids and introduced me to this stuff in my own childhood. Then there was Dr. Demento. Novelty music.

Warner Brothers also used Der Fuehrer's face.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
ayesinback at 7:27AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(offline)
rokulily
… with many others… i've got a lovely bunch of coconuts deedly dee dee… put the lime in the coconuts then shake em' all up…
Personally, I can't think of a coconut song I don't like.

When I was growing up, I had 45s of some mighty odd stuff:
Popeye, singing “nevah play wid matchkez”,
the alpha-beetle that ate letters,
and a mitch-milleresque men's singing group that asked “What did Della wear, boy? What did Della wear? —She wore her brand New Jersey. That's what Delaware”

probably explains a lot
under new management
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved