Random Discussion

Yet another Fritzl
Skullbie at 6:33AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090917/wl_asia_afp/australiaincestcrime
Yet another Fritzl has surfaced, you know that guy that kept his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and raped/fathered 7 kids.
Someone
MELBOURNE (AFP) – An Australian man raped his daughter almost daily for 30 years and fathered her four children, a report said on Thursday, drawing chilling comparisons with Austrian Josef Fritzl's incest case.

The man, aged in his 60s, began molesting his daughter in the 1970s when she was 11 and continued until 2007, Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper said in an exclusive report.

The Herald Sun said the daughter was kept a “virtual prisoner” in the family home about 100 kilometres (60 miles) east of Melbourne, without giving details.

Local media made immediate comparisons with the case of Fritzl, who was jailed for life in May for holding his daughter as a sex slave for 24 years in a cramped, windowless chamber and murdering one of their seven children.
Seriously this is just too many kinds of fucked up, twice over.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
ozoneocean at 7:55AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
I think it makes things more convenient- I won't have to be confused every time someone mentions the “Austrian Incest case” with "Australian incest case" ; now there really IS one :)

Seriously though I've not really listened or read anything about this thing because that sort of sex-crime is pretty sickening, so I don't know the details of how the Aussie one worked.

From what little I have heard though, it sounds weird. Why didn't she just get away? The guy is sick, but she sounds like an idiot.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
BffSatan at 8:00AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
From what little I have heard though, it sounds weird. Why didn't she just get away? The guy is sick, but she sounds like an idiot.
Being raised how she would have been she wouldn't have known what else to do aside from stay. I think when you've been in those conditions for such a long time leaving is scarier that staying.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Product Placement at 9:12AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
I thought this was going to be about that guy in the states that kidnapped an eleven year old girl and held her for 18 years. I wasn't expecting to hear about yet another case like Fritz.

Why are all these cases surfacing, all of a sudden?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
BffSatan at 9:37AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
I thought this was going to be about that guy in the states that kidnapped an eleven year old girl and held her for 18 years. I wasn't expecting to hear about yet another case like Fritz.

Why are all these cases surfacing, all of a sudden?
There's a lot more cases like this than you'd imagine. Sadly there are probably some that continue now without being exposed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
ozoneocean at 10:05AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
BffSatan
Being raised how she would have been she wouldn't have known what else to do aside from stay. I think when you've been in those conditions for such a long time leaving is scarier that staying.
I disagree, this sounds fishy. At least with crazy fritz and that America evagalist guy they held the women as actual prisoners, I don't think that's the case with this one. Sounds like a plain old freaky inbred family of weirdos to me that they're making out to be like the Fritz case because that's what the news media does to make an entertaining story.

The girl was abused, but it sounds like a very different story to me that they're just forcing into the same mould for news ratings. It sounds more like those sad old hic type country families that people mythologise about (all over the world), where the people are pig stupid and abuse is endemic.
I wouldn't be surprised if the father also had sex with farm animals…

But then again, I'm only going off what little details I've heard because I've no wish to examine this deeper…
It's sort off hard to have a a strong stance on something without knowing the whole story, for me anyway… But I'll try!

Product Placement at 11:42AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
BffSatan
I disagree, this sounds fishy. At least with crazy fritz and that America evagalist guy they held the women as actual prisoners, I don't think that's the case with this one. Sounds like a plain old freaky inbred family of weirdos to me that they're making out to be like the Fritz case because that's what the news media does to make an entertaining story.

The girl was abused, but it sounds like a very different story to me that they're just forcing into the same mould for news ratings. It sounds more like those sad old hic type country families that people mythologise about (all over the world), where the people are pig stupid and abuse is endemic.
I wouldn't be surprised if the father also had sex with farm animals…

But then again, I'm only going off what little details I've heard because I've no wish to examine this deeper…
It's sort off hard to have a a strong stance on something without knowing the whole story, for me anyway… But I'll try!
One might argue that perhaps it's a bit of both. If he started abusing her back when she was 11, he could have easily molded her to believe that this was a normal and good thing. Tell a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Orin J Master at 3:33PM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
i miss the concept of town square hangings. i'd book a plane to see his sun-bloated corpse being picked at by insects.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
ozoneocean at 10:37PM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
If he started abusing her back when she was 11, he could have easily molded her to believe that this was a normal and good thing. Tell a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth.
I tend to doubt it in this situation. Examples of normality are pervasive AND invasive seeing that examples of normal families with normal relationships constantly surround people and in ALL media such situations as hers are always depicted as deviant.

You have to be an idiot not to see that for 30 years.

Besides, your brainwash theory didn't work for Fritz and the American guy.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved