Random Discussion

You need a permit to kiss your own children.
kyupol at 1:51PM, June 27, 2008
(online)
More micromanaging from Big Brother. Its good. Because it protects against pedophiles. And the parents could be pedophiles. Big Brother knows best.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2194359/A-quarter-of-adults-to-face-%27anti-paedophile%27-tests.html

But the increase in child protection measures is so great it is “poisoning” relationships between the generations, according to respected sociologist Professor Frank Furedi.

In one example, a woman could not kiss her daughter goodbye on a school trip because she had not been vetted.

In another, a mother was surprised to be told by another parent that she and her husband were “CRB checked” when their children played together.

In a third example, a father was given “filthy looks” by a group of mothers when he took his child swimming on his own in “a scene from a Western when the room goes silent and tumbleweed blows across the foreground”.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
tea_green at 2:40PM, June 27, 2008
(online)
I don't really see a “big brother” here. I just see a goverment that's pandering to paranoid parents. With all the fear-inducing junk on TV (like “To Catch a Predator”) who could blame them. This is the only thing that could really be done to appease them. It's not the government. This is a sign that they are doing their part by listening to the people. It's the people they listen to that seem to be the problem.

On the other hand, what if they didn't bother to check the backgrounds of people who decided to chaperone and hired someone who had stockpiled a bunch of D.U.I.s. Then that person would be sloshed, kids would dissappear, get hurt, or something horrible and then there would be an outcry because the school didn't bother to check to see if this person was a basket-case.

I don't like it, but I can see where these people are coming from.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved