Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Your daily uniform- personal style. Your look.
Ozoneocean at 12:16AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
Most people have a personal style, some theme that defines the way they dress every day.
Sometimes they have a couple of styles depending on what they do (work, home, school and seasonal differences etc.), and sometimes they just straight out wear the same thing day in day out till they change it for something else.

So what best describes your personal style, at home, work, school or whatever? How do you dress or how do you want to appear?

———————

-At work I'm all pinstripe trousers, black shiny shoes, fitted long sleeve shirts, hair neatly plaited back. Panama hat in summer, nice jacket or coat with a scarf in winter. At the moment I like that look: Neat, professional, whatever.

-Most of the time though my comfy style is tight flared jeans, T-shirt, jacket or jumper (all slim fit or tight these days), and long hair out or under a beret. Scarf when it's cold: just me. It suits my shape and the beret is damn practical for taming wild hair.

Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to learn about what other's say. What is YOUR usual look?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Lonnehart at 1:02AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
Lessee… dirty T-shirt, trousers, and slippers. That's what I wear at home. Outside I tend to wear dark colored shirts and slacks again with slippers. It's just more comfortable for me this way. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
HyenaHell at 3:15AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
Oh, lord. Gypsy punk? Tight pants, short skirts, big boots, lots of dangly things and jewelry, chains, lots of keys, big hair and/or crazy hats, letahr jacket in pretty much any kind of weather… a picture might illustrate better.

here and here and here.

It really depends, I go through sartorial phases; this time last year I was wearing a lot of men's suits, blazers, vests, stuff like that. I don't have any really recent pictures of me, though.

That's how I dress for my coffee job and on my off days. I'm a lot more conservative for my bar job. it's more like tight pants (if ya don't have to jump into ‘em, what’s the point?) and low-cut shirts. And I actually wear make-up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
usedbooks at 4:21AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
When working, I wear the uniform of a state park employee. Tan-colored polo shirt with “Department of Conservation and Recreation” insignia, dark green pants with extra pockets, and brown hiking boots (we are supposed to wear black boots, but they are lenient on that rule). I also have a tan baseball cap with the insignia I wear when I go into the forest to protect me from all the spider webs – or when canoeing to protect me from the sun. I also have other footwear for various activities. Water shoes for canoeing. Hip waders for walking through the swamp.

Daily attire otherwise is usually pajamas. :-P If I'm not going out of the house, I see no reason to change. I have nearly as many pajamas as I have real outfits. If I am going out somewhere, I typically wear jeans and a sweater or in summer, jeans and light shirt (though often long-sleeved anyway). I don't own any shorts. I also have a lot of skirts and dresses that I love to wear but never have the occasion for.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Custard Trout at 4:34AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
Does fat and hairy count? The only piece of clothing I wear with any consistency is my RAF coat, and even then I can only wear that in winter and late autumn because of how damn thick it is. Everything else I just grab based on how clean it is (how clean this actually is changes quite often) and whether it fits (again, changes quite often due to my stomach not making its mind up about how big it is).
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
PIT_FACE at 4:38AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
Thrasher's uniform. band shirt, painted leather jacket with band logos on it, tight jeans, really fuckin colorful hightops, a hangover, sometimes a few necklaces. one was a gift from my boyfriend, the other was a gift from a friend of mine who's a shawman,so it's made outa deer bones, sinews, stones, beads and has 3 hawk talons hanging off it. and for special occasions, i bring out my bandolier and hook it up around my waiste, the pinacle of the thrasher's unifrom.i wear this at home, school and work. well,cept when i go to sleep n stuff.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Eirikr at 6:25AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
Jeans, t-shirt, navy blue windbreaker. The windbreaker is nice, as it's really well made and completely blocks out wind, as the name implies. You could cut the thing up and make it into a sail.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
ParkerFarker at 6:49AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
I wear graphic t shirts with some (what I think is) cool graphics on them. as seen on my avatars. I wear the standard casio calculator watch for those moments when I need to know that 89 divided by 754 is 0.1180371. I wear blue denim skinny jeans(not super skinny). As for shoes, I wear some worn-out faded orange converse with a few holes in 'em or browny/grey high tops.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
gullas at 7:30AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
I'm neekid….

nah usually I wear T-shirts, jeans and if the weather is good I wear sandals. and if it gets colder, I put on a coat or something…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
elektro at 8:08AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
Jeans, t-shirt, and a grubby pair of sneakers most of the time. On those very rare occasions when I have a job interview, I wear a polo shirt, a pair of khakis, and some dress shoes of my dad's.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
mr_thin at 8:47AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
Can't say my wardrobe is that interesting. Jeans. I prefer the darker washes. A t-shirt, usually a solid color, some calvin klein underwear, dark colored socks and Keen brand shoes–usually brown with laces.

Until recently, at work I would wear black dress pants, a dress shirt, and a striped tie.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
Chernobog at 9:18AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
Old blue jeans with a spiked belt or black suspenders over a shirt that's either olive drab or a light grey worker Tee with the sleeves ripped off. Sometimes I'll have my wool Sinatra hat on. And always glasses, be it prescription shades or the normal wire frames. For shoes, I have cracked/exposed brown sneakers for moving quickly or black steel toes for everything else. I work at my school like this too. No one's complained.

Come winter time, I add a plaid green or grey coat. Sometimes, a leather jacket or trenchcoat as well. I dress less to look good and more to convey I don't want to be bothered.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Jonko at 10:40AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
stupid little dresses and heels and overly large necklaces. Unless I'm going to work, in that case I go in a tshirt and jeans, or something more confy (like today, I'm in a huge sweatshirt and leggings) since I have this dumb 16 hour shift. Gah!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
bravo1102 at 11:07AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
For all special occasions: Aloha shirt, jeans, parachute pants or preferably military BDU pants, panama hat or baseball cap (alternates Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, Boston Red Socks or Brooklyn Dodgers, or various US navy ships USS Missouri or the WWII USS Enterprise CV-6) Depending on the occasion I layer in a linen sports coat, denim jacket and sweat jacket, or wear my Goretex US Army issue ECW jacket. Boat shoes or sandals. I only wear socks when it's below 60 F.

Day to day: tee shirt and jeans with boat shoes or sandals.

Once upon a time: beautifully tailored suits with striped (authentic school/military repps) or free design ties and crisp dress shirts, almost never white (funerals and weddings only)

Billy Crystal as 'lando Lamas: And you know dah-ling, I look mahh-vell-us. And it is better to look mah-vell-us dah-ling than to feel mah-vell-us because when you look mah-vel-ous you are mah-vel-us.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 12:02PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
I like jeans, and a t-shirt. Except for when it's cold, I like hooded sweatshirts (hoodies).

My t-shirts are pretty much either band t-shirts, or the ones that you see scene/emo kids wearing.

And I have skater shoes.

I'm probably a poser.
And I could care less.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
lba at 1:25PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
Grunge for me on most days.

Flannel, dirty, paint-covered hooded sweat shirts, long sleeved t-shirts with a regular t-shirt over top, and dirty, paint-covered, thrashed up jeans. For shoes, I usually wear a pair of old beat up addidas skate shoes or an old pair of Chuck Taylor's.

Otherwise, it's just a hooded sweat shirt and jeans if I'm at work.

I had to cut the long tangled hair a long time ago, because it just got in the way too much while I'm working.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
PeteyPanda at 1:36PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
Large t-shirts with designs from family and recreational events I never went to, shorts and flip-flops. Pretty boring, basically what's available at the local thrift shop.
When I'm working (intern) I wear an aloha shirt, washed out jeans, thick hiking boots, and a big floppy hat. Everything I need to walk around in the searing heat on black lava.

Warning: It's a BL! Click at your own risk.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
HippieVan at 3:20PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
For school and whatnot I usually just wear some flared jeans, a cool t-shirt, and a funny hat. Throughout spring, summer and fall I always either wear or carry around an oversized sweater.
In the winter I have a neon pink puffy parka(for real)…I'd like to have a better colour, but for whatever reason they stopped making proper jackets and that's the only good one I have that fits.

For home I have a huge, fluffy bathrobe.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
pastel at 3:54PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
Tanktop.
Cardigan.
Skinny jeans.
Flats.

It's super cute and simple :3
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
herio at 5:22PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
tshirts and old jeans and seekers in summer i were snadles i m solly gething out of the habit of wearing all back

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
pastel at 5:37PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
herio
tshirts and old jeans and seekers in summer i were snadles i m solly gething out of the habit of wearing all back

It took me a long time to stop wearing black too.

It helps ease the transition if you start wearing some greys. :D
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
GracehFaceh at 6:44PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
I'm very feminine and I like things that I know'll look good on me mostly. I usually wear brightly colored tee shirts with skirts. I hate pants, especially jeans. I normally wear yoga pants and sweat pants in the winter. If I had the money to replace my whole wardrobe with dresses, I would. I like being fashionable a lot, since I view putting a good outfit together as an outlet for my art. Baggy things usually make me uncomfortable, but nothing beats a soft hoodie.

Ribbions, hair accessories… jewelry definitely. Light make up, since I go to an all girls school and wearing a lot of make up makes you look really silly. Even when I'm going out, it's like mascara, light eyeliner, pinky lipstick and blush. OH. Shoes. I love cute shoes. At school and wear a uniform consisting of a polo, a skirt, long socks, and penny loafers. Aka, the most comfortable outfit ever. I hate dress down days because none of my clothes are nearly as comfy as that!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
kyupol at 7:09PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
I like to wear a dress shirt and tie for the most part.

But when I'm not dressed up like that, I wear shirts like these:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
PIT_FACE at 7:15PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
i've just added to my uniforms today.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Peipei at 8:32PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
I'm a plain Jane xD. When i'm at home, it's just pajamas. Plain shirt and a pair of pajama pants or shorts. I like the ones with cats and dogs and other animals on it :p. I just let my hair go when i'm at home x.x.

When i'm out, i'm usually wearing either a long colorful skirt that goes past my ankles or a big fluffy skirt or a pair of jeans/bell bottoms when its cold. My attire is either slippers, boots or converse. On my top, I just wear a random blouse with a hand made necklace. I have really big hair so it's usually up in a bun or braided down my back xD. I hate fooling with the hair…x.x

(Reminds self to post pictures of self in the photo thread xD)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
elektro at 8:36PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
PIT_FACE
i've just added to my uniforms today.

First thought that came into my head: construction

Second thought: firefighter
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
patrickdevine at 8:42PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
Tight jeans, usually with the knees worn out, black Chucks, and a T-shirt. Most of the time I prefer to wear something over the T-shirt, like some kind of jacket. I have a jean jacket with the sleeves cut off for when it's hot out which has a back patch I made out of an old shirt. For when it's colder out I have my favorite leather jacket. I'm very seldom not wearing my nerd-glasses.
I also have hats that I like to wear day to day, like a newsboy hat, a flat-top cap and a cycling cap.
I also like button pins, I'm nearly always wearing at least one but usually more like three. So I guess I look like a really nerdy hobo or a really grungy hipster most of the time.

usedbooks
I also have a lot of skirts and dresses that I love to wear but never have the occasion for.
Who needs an occasion? Wanting to wear your fancy clothes is occasion enough!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
usedbooks at 8:57PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
I almost forgot about this getup – another piece of “work attire.” It's a period dress complete with dear-God-how-can-I-sit-down-in-this hoop skirt.

Luckily, I don't have to wear it often, since my glasses make me non-authentic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Hakoshen at 9:22PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
I dress exactly like my avatar mostly; button up or t-shirts and jeans. At work it's all collared shirts, either polos or ones you can fit ties on.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
kitty17 at 10:12PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
I usually wear a hoodie, jeans and a pair of lowtop converse shoes. Unless I'm home then it's hoodie, pajama pants and shoe less. I get cold easily…so hoodies are my friends.

Recently I've been sporting army caps. Since I don't like wearing hairpins or putting my hair up, it helps keep my hair out of my face.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon