Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Your DrunkDuck Profile
D0m at 6:50AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
Answer me this, drunk duckers:

What's on your profile?

Do you actually read people's profiles?

What makes you click on someone's profile?

What kind of information do you like to know about DDers?

I ask all of this because I saw someone with an incredible profile, with a LOT of information about themselves. It made me want to know more! This could be a way to get yourself more pageviews!

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
D0m at 6:53AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
My answers:

What's on your profile?

A really stupid, vague blurb about myself (and a plug for Nadya). I should probably put in more!

Yeah, usually- if they're done seriously or really really funny. :D

A cool avatar, an awesome post, a comment on my comic, or a cool forum post.

Their name if they're comfortable with it. Their age. Where they live. Their hobbies. What their comic is about, and why they like comics. Random facts about their favorite _______s. :-) Answers to FAQs.

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
DAJB at 7:09AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
What's on your profile?
A couple of links to two other comics I'm working on, namely:

Hunted

The Spires

They're not on DD because they don't update that regularly.

From time to time.

Usually a comment on my comic or an interesting post in the Forums.
Occasionally just a cool avatar.

Anything, everything and/or nothing!
Depending on the comment/forum post that's prompted me to read the profile in the first place, it could be their age, sex, nationality, occupation or just whether they have a comic of their own on DD. It's more a question of whatever helps to put that comment in context.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
usedbooks at 7:39AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
What's on your profile?
~Some basics about me and my lifestyle.
~A photo of me with one of my pet rats.
~The interests and inspiration behind my comic
~A link to my DevArt and ComicSpace pages

(I might add more about my comic later.)

Sometimes

Usually if they comment on my comic. Sometimes a forum post that makes me curious about them.

I like to know background info, esp. what country they come from, gender, age, interests, occupation. One or two photos are a plus (but too many are distracting).
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Custard Trout at 9:10AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?

Nothing.

No.

I don't.

Their full address, any convenient bushes and the addresses of local hardware shops.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
SpANG at 9:25AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
I use mine to house all of Custard Trouts personal info.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Croi Dhubh at 9:26AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(offline)
What's on yo ur profile?
Just a quick blerp about me. Nothing too revealing and not very mysterious. I feel there's just enough to give people something to read. There are also links to my BlogSpot and MySpace.

Yeah, I kind of often do.

If someone makes a comment in my comics I'll check them out, or if they have an interesting comic that I've stumbled upon, then I'll look them up. Also, like many others said, if they make a post that catches my interest in knowing more about them.

1. Age
Why? Because I'm impressed when very young people make good comics and I'm nosy.

2. General Location
I don't want to know exactly what their address is or even their city, but it's always interesting to know what state or country a person is from.

3. Gender
Again, because I'm nosy and like seeing who's making what kind of comics.

4. Quick Blerp About Themselves
Don't need a life story, but I like learning what makes a person tick
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
antcomics at 9:48AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
What's on your profile?

Quick summary of what Antcomics is al labout, a little about me and why I draw them, a link to my DeviantArt gallery.

Yes, I try to read most peoples'. Especially if they add me to their friends list. Also–if someone friends me I automatically friend them back.

Catchy avatar, cool comic, they got featured…or as I said, if they friend me. I also like to see how they chose their screen name if they have an interesting one, because many people explain that in their profiles. I like stuff like that.

~Like I said above, the origin of their screen name

~why they came up with their comic(s) and how

~Like someone else said, age–mostly because if someone really young creates a good comic, it's really impressive and I like to give them lots of encouragement.

~Where they're from

~When and why they started drawing comics

~If they are on DeviantArt or have other websites
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Priest_Revan at 10:10AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(offline)

What's on your profile?
A link to my comic, a friends list, links to other comments, and a huge profile about me.
Usually… no. I sometimes stumble across a profile and I'll read it, but it usually doesn't matter to me.
The main 2 reasons I click on someones profiles are:
1. I wanna see their comic, but they forgot to link to it in their signature or something.
2. When I wanna see if someone makes more comics than what is advertised.
Age, gender, a little history about them and maybe some links to other websites they are on (like deviantart or FA). It's also pretty cool to know what they're interested in.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
crocty at 10:27AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?
A short story about how my comics were first made, and some of my greatest achievements
Sometimes…
A humorous avatar, or someone who's cool
Gender, then I don't call them a dude, and they get annoyed, and they scream and cry…
I guess age and name aswell…

THERE YOU HAVE IT!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
korosu at 11:45AM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
What's on your profile?
Some general info about me (where I'm from, my likes and such), and links to my other sites.

Some, yeah.

I usually like to check up on other people who've commented on my comic.

Age, gender (especially since people mistake me for a guy on the forums a lot, for some reason)…basic stuff. I don't want to know their life stories or anything.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
TheMidge28 at 12:12PM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
What's on your profile?
stuff…a list of comics I do and have done.
a list of comics I recommend which I change up ever so often to feature in my own way new comics I come across and young artists which need encouragement. A little blurb about me and my comics.

Yeah to some extent when I click on their avatar.

something they say in the forum or a comment left on someone's comic.

If given the choice between 3 dances which would you choose:
a. Soulja Boy Dance.
b. Tango
c. Safety Dance

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:22PM
kitty17 at 12:18PM, Nov. 26, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?
General Info…My age, name, some interests and the reason behind my comics. A long with my own personal sayings.

Yeah I do, especially when someone friends me, I like to know a little about them.

Usually when they comment on my comics, friend me, or do something interesting on the forums.

General info. Age, Gender(if not maybe name so I could try to figure that out). Some interests and such.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:17PM
Poke Alster at 12:33PM, Nov. 26, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?

Not much just comics and thanks for the add comments

Not really if i know them i add them

Thier avatar

Theyre age and location :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
amanda at 3:50PM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
TheMidge28
If given the choice between 3 dances which would you choose:
a. Soulja Boy Dance.
b. Tango
c. Safety Dance

Ha, I'm much better at the tango, and I feel slightly less ridiculous doing that than any of the others (though it's still somewhat akin to water buffalos performing Cotton-Eyed Joe).

On my profile, there are random tidbits that make me seem like an actual person rather than just an avatar and bit of my drawing background.

I love reading profiles if the person has actually filled it out - it's nice to be able to associate faces/personalities with the people you meet online - makes them real.

I'll click on profiles of people I see around the forums or if I'm interested in their webcomic.

I just want to know fun things about people (like their favorite pasta sauces or what toothpaste they use) - they don't need to tell me any deep dark secrets or personal info.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
dueeast at 5:30PM, Nov. 26, 2007
(offline)
D0m
What's on your profile?

Just the bare-boned basic facts: That I'm interracially married, have biracial kids, that my wife co-writes our comic and that our comic is Due East. (Hey, no peeking! This is pretty much what the profile says!)

Yes, I do.

If they befriended me, as someone else said. Also, if they have an interesting comic or an interesting avatar.

I like to know age, location, if they have kids and what their interests are, especially music and what people like to watch on tv/movies, etc.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
kyupol at 5:54PM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)
my profile has all my personal information!!! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
SwinS at 7:43PM, Nov. 26, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?

Not a lot… just some basic stuff I thought up about myself in the first couple days after I joined. I've actually been meaning to redo it, and this thread'll help me figure what should go there.

When I actually want to know something about the person, yes. I don't look at everyone's, but I do check out those of creators of decent comics, people who write interesting things in the forums, etc.

… the stuff I said above. If they do anything that piques my interest. Nice art, decent webcomic, amusing or enlightening comments or forum posts… et-cetera.

I would make a list (age, gender, location, etc), but sometimes I find lack of certain information can be more telling about a person than revealing everything. I just like it when I learn a bit about the person and what they've presented gives me a good impression of their personality. If I'm absolutely dying to know where someone's from or the like, I can always PQ them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Rutger at 1:59AM, Nov. 27, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?
A short text about myself, links to my four comics, recommendations, some videos.

It depends on who it is. I usually read a profile, but not if I'm just looking for new comics to read. I do read new people's profiles though.

An interesting screenname or avatar, r if they're the author of a comic I like. Or they just ask me to, i'm cool like that.

What got them into comics, where they're from, if they're single, that sort of stuff. lolflirt

K.A.L.A.-dan! rutGAR desu!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:14PM
marine at 4:50AM, Nov. 27, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?
Basic information and plugs for penis and werewolf. I also have some videos on mine. I decided to remove some of the really funny ones, such as the salad toss man or a scene from menace 2 society with a crack head.

Not really. I could care less.

If you comment on penis, I'll see what you're about. Funny posts on the forum, interesting posts, that sort of stuff.

Did they recommend penis or werewolf? Have they got humorous videos that repeat catch phrases and silly lines over and over? Do they have something actually interesting going on?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Frostflowers at 6:01AM, Nov. 27, 2007
(online)
What's on your profile?
What is in my profile…? A short introduction of myself - including my age and nationality - and then a more detailed explanation of what category my comic fits in. I ought to perhaps add some more stuff, but I have a hard time imagining what people would like to know about me.

Perhaps I ought to write something about WHY I'm into comics…

Sometimes. They can be an interesting way of getting a new perspective on a comic I'm reading.

Reading the comic and having my interest caught; reading someone's post in the forums or comment on my/someone else's comic; cool/interesting avatars in the forums.

What country they're from, any extra info on their comics - any funny info on themselves they feel like sharing. Links to other sites with funny/interesting content. Etc., etc.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
notlikelytocare at 8:19AM, Nov. 27, 2007
(online)
What's on your profile?

COLD HARD TRUTH

If someone adds me as a friend I do, other than that, something has to strike me as peculiar, or outstanding about someone before I will.

Same as above.

Instant messenger screen names, Age, Country of origin, a pic or two, etc.
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:18PM
CharleyHorse at 9:47AM, Nov. 27, 2007
(offline)

What's on your profile?

First up a a bit of information about my cartoon strip and my intentions regarding updating. Also, if something unusual has happened that people should know about regarding the work in progress. This means that I sometimes change what I have posted in this part of my profile section.

Beneath the information regarding my ‘toon, I add a bit about myself; my age, marital status, my artistic background - or lack thereof - and why I’m doing what I am doing. Now that some I see that people actually care where an artist hails from, I'll probably go back and admit to being from the United States at least.

Oh yes, all the time.

If you friend me, I friend you, and therefore I check out your profile. If you are an interesting person in the forums I eventually get around to clicking on your profile, just to learn a bit more about you; and it tells me something even if a person has zilch - or next to zilch - in their profile block. if I click on an update link on DD's main page, I always also check out the profile if I like the work on display; the same thing applies if I am performing a search for specific types of work and select something interesting.

Pretty much the same sort of stuff that I have in my own profile. I want to know something about what you are working on and anything that you consider important enough about your project or projects to include. Also I want to know a few things about you, the artist. The specifics are less important to me than the fact that there is something about yourself that you feel like sharing. It's always interesting to get a feel for the human behind the art work.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Sidwarrious at 2:32PM, Nov. 27, 2007
(online)
What's on your profile?
A sad tidbit of information regarding me and my over and over again until the eggplant is fully ingrained.

All the time. Especially if I'm interested in people. A lot of times you can see people's influences in their comic if you read exactly what they like. Like
Boredom
Faves of all kinds like a myspace page kinda. Age and occupation. Social security numbers for sure.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
Sidwarrious at 2:34PM, Nov. 27, 2007
(online)
Oh but something I hate to see people who put their own comics in their faves and recommended. It kinda irks me to see ‘em being so vain. Especially with god comics like they’d need it-RUTGER! *waves finger*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
lucky7s76 at 2:57PM, Nov. 27, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?
A short description of myself, my comics' update schedules, some links to other communities I'm part of… and some tidbits about my comics.

Every one I come across, actually. Whether because they seem interesting or just because it's there… :D

What makes you click on someone's profile
New people that comment on my comics or people I randomly see in the forums… like most people before I posted this got a few from me. :D

Anything really. Mostly just what I've got, like my age and hometown.
By the time you finish this, you'll have read it. :3

deviantART
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 3:01PM, Nov. 27, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?
A short description of myself, a chicken with an exploding head, and a guy lolling so much he was headshot'd with a knife.

Yes.

Just for the hell of it.

I like to see if they're an annoying cliche(*cough*coveinant*cough*).

And I usually look to see what kind of comic they have.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
ubernite at 9:13AM, Nov. 29, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?
A little about myself including my name, my work ethics, where I live, and what my “book” is about.

Sometimes, if I want to know more about who's behind the work or who has commented on mine.

Not bad avatars that's for sure. Mostly, it's… see #2

The how and why of their work.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
marine at 12:57PM, Nov. 30, 2007
(offline)
I came up with some fun games to play while commenting:

Start to ask a question, but finish off half sentence. I tried doing that one for forum posts, but it didn't work out. Its especially good with a question like “what do you think” “did you see” “What about that” and people give me funny comments back.

I also have started just leaving “How you doing!?” on everyones profile, in a hope that they will leave me a message saying how they are - which I will completely ignore - and read penis or werewolf. Hopefully not clicking on anyone on my friends list instead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Randal at 5:07PM, Nov. 30, 2007
(offline)
What's on your profile?

A couple animations done by KillerSteak that are #drunkduck related and a Dunkin Donuts commercial directed by Zach Braff, starring Ace Frehley

Only if it's really funny or someone new to chat.

Generally just people I don't recognize.

Anything outside the mundane.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon