Media Megaforum

Your Top Five Favorite Movie Scenes
MrRiot at 10:47PM, Oct. 7, 2007
(online)
Here's the deal, folks: I want to know your top five FAVORITE movie scenes EVER! They can be from bad B-Movies or from Oscar-winning masterpieces, don't care. Just list 'em!

Mine:
5. The scene in Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn where Ash is laughing with all the possessed items in the cabin.
4. “But it's delicious.” brain-eating scene in From Beyond
3. The “Oh captain, my captain!” scene at the end of Dead Poets Society
2. The whole “Megatron must be stopped…no matter the cost!” scene in Transformers: The Movie (1986)
1. Margot: God, aren't you going to kiss her goodbye?
Jack: Nope.
Big Trouble in Little China

Visit my comic: THE PATH: Lovecraftian Horror meets Arthurian Legend
Visit my website: Old Dying Kitty
Proud Co-Founder/Member of Mediocre Militia
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
DAJB at 5:49AM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
Not sure I can limit this to five but, in no particular order, here goes …

Batman (Tim Burton version) - the shot of the Batwing as it flies above the clouds and hangs suspended in the air for just a second, silhouetted against the full moon, evoking memories of the Bat Signal.

LotR (Fellowship) - the whole of the idyllic sequence in which Gandalf rides through rural Hobbiton, watched by the hobbits with suspicion and wonder in equal measure.

LotR (Two Towers) - the first “dialogue” (monologue) between Gollum and Smeagol.

The Fifth Element - the scene at the space shuttle check-in with Leeloo repeatedly offering her “Moool-teeee-pass!” as an answer to everything.

Brazil - oh God, any one of a dozen scenes … ummm, maybe, the closing “I think he's got away from us” in the vast domed torture chamber where Lowry finally loses his mind.

Is that five already? Damn - but I've got sooo many more!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Terminal at 7:32AM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
1. When Los Angeles, New York, and Washington D.C. get blown up by the blue lazer in Independence Day.
2. HAL 9000's deconstruction.
3. The moments in Fight Club where Edward Norton finds out he was Tyler Durden all along.
4. “Hey, man. You just fucked up your Ferrari.” The car chase in The Rock is tied up with the totally unexpected scene in Swordfish where John Travolta sends the bus flying.
5. Die Hard With a Vengeance, all of it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:12PM
mlai at 8:25AM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
5. Wesley Snipes kicking mucho ass in last segment of Blade, before boss fight.
4. Darth Maul last fight scene, minus his stupid death.
3. “Gandalf dies” scene. Didn't matter that I had read the book.
1. Darth Vader 1st appearance.

These are just my train of thought; I can't guarantee that they're my true favs.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
ozoneocean at 9:32AM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
It's been ages since I saw a film…
I'll try and do this though because it's cool.

1. Conan the Barbarian:
It had this groovy scene where the bad guys in the snake temple were having an orgy, Conan and his two cohorts sneak in, commando style with geometric camouflage all over their bodies to rescue a princess. They proceed to wreak bloody havoc, striking all manner of heroic poses in the process, all to a sumptuous and inspired classical score by Basil Poledouris and his wife- (evocative of Ravel's “Bolero”). It builds so nicely from decadence to catastrophe in a glorious progression.

2. Conan the Barbarian:
Hahaha, yeah, that's right; another one from there, it was a very “scene” driven film.
Anyway, the other best scene was near the very beginning… The savage wolf pack out-runners of the demigod's marauding army appear out of the snowy whiteness of the winter forest, one rough fellow scenting the wind. Then the heavily armed riders BURST from the trees like an unstoppable nightmare and fall upon that little northern village in a blitzkrieg. -again, all to a masterfully fitting composition by Poledouris that captures every nuance of the action without at all being “mood” or “scene” music.

3. Good Will Hunting:
I just love that scene with the streetfight at night, all to Gerry Rafferty's “Baker Street”. That scene showed the song to me in a whole new light; the pointlessness of that violence and Will's life, the wasted potential, and the cyclical, inescapable nature of it.
-Not that it was a brilliant film or anything, but I loved that scene.

4. The life aquatic, with Steve Zissou:
The scene where Steve and his crew are held by pirates. Steve sitting there fat and old, he's only wearing a pair of Speedos and a short dressing gown or something, but he suddenly just decides he's not going to take it any longer and behaves as if he's indestructible. He casually grabs a gun from one of the menacing pirate guards and goes after them all virtually naked, decimating the whole group. All with some kind of rock soundtrack over the top.
-Almost nude, flabby, ageing, balding, greying Bill Murray in full nonchalant fury. Beautiful to watch

5. Tank Girl:
The “Bees do it” musical number in the Liquid Silver nightclub. A lovely punky version of it. Very raunchy too. It fit well in the film and just shines as a stand out scene, (a very patchy film all round). A lovely rendition of the Cole Porter classic.

-(I haven't been into movies for a while, but they stand out in my memory mainly because of the music ^_^)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
Neilsama at 10:40AM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Camelot scene.

2. Transformers: The Movie

Starscream: “Megatron? Is that you?”

Galvatron: “Here's a hint!”

3. Blazing Saddles

Gabby Johnson's entire speech in the church. Laughs-a-plenty.

4. King Kong '33

The t-rex fight.

5. Robocop

Robocop busts into a warehouse full of cocaine dealers and goes, “Come quietly or there will be… trouble.” The next line in the scene makes me giggle every time I see it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
mlai at 1:14PM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
Conan Barbarian - My most memorable scene from that movie is actually when JE Jones first takes off his helmet and just stares (soulfully) at Conan's mom. I was a little kid back then, so I was watching and thinking "Oh he looks nice maybe he's not a bad guy?" Then in the next second he chops off her head. 8-O

Ghostbusters - When the guys arrived on the scene in the final conflict, and all the various New Yorkers were cheering. The scene was a blend of realism, fantasy, comedy, and hero ballad. I was little and I've never seen anything like it before.

Darkmax at 1:21PM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)

In no order!!!!

Raiders of the lost Ark *tie*
The action scene following the statue sinking on the podium and the whole truck scene

X-Men II
Night Crawler kicks Secret Services A$$

Kill Bill opening fight scene Uma Thurman vs. Vivca Fox

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones shoots the Swordsman (Instead of fighting him)

Jaws Shark death
“Smile you son of a bitch”

Pulp Fiction, The Hamburger scene

“WHAT AIN”T NO COUNTRY I EVER HEARD OF….THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT!?!?!

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
TheMidge28 at 2:21PM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
no particular order…

The Usual Suspects…the great reveal…nuff said.

The Boondock Saints…Willem Dafoe shooting up in the air yelling, “And there was a fire fight!”

The Enforcer…the final fight scene with Jet Li and his son in the movie where his son is tied to a long rope and he swings him out as they fight a gang of hoodlums…

Yojimbo…the short shot of the dog running along with a severed hand in its maw.

The Deer Hunter…Russian Roullette scene.

and there are so many more!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:21PM
magickmaker at 8:17AM, Oct. 9, 2007
(offline)
Hmm. This is gonna be tough. They change deoending on my mood…

1. The scene in the 2nd X-men movie where Jean Grey goes all Phoenix-y and stops the giant wave. It gave me so much false hope for the third movie…

2. The scene in the new Resident Evil where Alice uses her mind powers to blow up all of the zombie birds.

3. The last scene where she rescues her girlfriend in “But I'm a Cheerleader-”

4. Crysta seducing Zak in “Ferngully”.

5. Cherry Darling going totally nuts on the zombies in the last part of “Planet Terror”.

(See any common patterns?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Jonko at 7:33AM, Oct. 11, 2007
(online)

1. Westside story - when Maria takes the gun and does her emotional monologue about hate.

2. Pan's Labyrinth - The ending

3. Amelie - In the beginning when they are listing the favorite things and the things that the characters dislike.

4. Requiem for a Dream - Final clips showing how all of the characters were destroyed by their drug addiction.

5. Buffalo 66: Pretty much every shot, lol

Wow, this list is terrible. And I love how none of the scenes are from any of my favorite movies, lol.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Crazy Dutchman at 8:10AM, Oct. 11, 2007
(offline)
Jonko has a great taste in movies :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
marine at 8:25AM, Oct. 11, 2007
(offline)
I'm going to go with easy stuff everybody knows:

Conan The Barbarian - My favorite scene is the montage of his training in the arena and his whole back story stuff. He's fighting guys in the pit, he's making whoopee with some chick while guys look in, he's grinding that wheel all by himself, that Chinese guy slapping his face teaching him how to use a sword, and his eventual shock at being freed. It was like it was all he knew was fighting and servitude, and if you watch, he doesn't really want his freedom at first. The idea of it was so foreign to him that its not until that guy kicks him that he leaves.

Fight Club - This is a hard one to pick a single scene, all the stuff with Marla is gold (because I dated the real life version of Marla and I'm Tyler Durden after all), the scenes of project mayhem going into effect, when they threaten to take that guys balls in the bathroom, when he fights his boss, when Brad Pitt looks at the guy who looks like him and says “is that what a man is supposed to look like?”, but the absolutely most greatest scene in the film is when Tyler first explains the rules of Fight Club. Its just iconic. Iconic as iconic gets.

The Wild One - Speaking of Iconic
Chick - “What are you rebelling against?”
Marlon Brando as Jonny the biker - “What've you got?”

Sin City - The Hard Goodbye sequence. I dare any of you to tell me that this wasn't fucking brilliant. The stuff with him at the farm fighting those swat guy with the hatchet. When he lists off all the stuff that he's taking to fight Kevin.

Scarface - The Ending. The whole film is brilliant with as many but the last say fifteen minutes of the movie is so awesome. As soon as he gets off the phone with Sosa and all the stuff goes down, thats the best. How can you not love that one? “Say hello to my little friend!” The big machine gun he's got and all the cocaine fueled rage that he has. Its just great. I've seen it a million fucking times, still love it. I love the push it to the limited montage, the stuff with the chainsaw, the stuff in the office with frank, and if I could mention another one it'd be when he buys that car. “Get oughta the way lady I'm trynna drive here!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Jonko at 10:14AM, Oct. 11, 2007
(online)
Crazy Dutchman
Jonko has a great taste in movies :)

Awwww, thank you. I'm interested to see what your favorite scenes are
TheMidge28 at 11:12AM, Oct. 11, 2007
(online)
I was wondering about this subject more but there are so many scenes which stand out its hard to narrow them down to a top five… I was wondering if throwing in top five scenes in a specific genre would help and be fun…meaning, top five horror scenes, or top five romantic scenes, or top five action scenes…you get the picture.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:22PM
MrRiot at 7:28PM, Oct. 11, 2007
(online)
TheMidge28
I was wondering about this subject more but there are so many scenes which stand out its hard to narrow them down to a top five… I was wondering if throwing in top five scenes in a specific genre would help and be fun…meaning, top five horror scenes, or top five romantic scenes, or top five action scenes…you get the picture.

That could be cool, too.

But I stand by my #1 movie scene of all time from Big Trouble in Little China. Kurt Russel's the MAN.

mlai at 7:49PM, Oct. 11, 2007
(online)
MrRiot
But I stand by my #1 movie scene of all time from Big Trouble in Little China. Kurt Russel's the MAN.
He's Solid Snake's daddy.

ozoneocean at 5:44AM, Oct. 12, 2007
(online)
MrRiot
But I stand by my #1 movie scene of all time from Big Trouble in Little China. Kurt Russell's the MAN.
Ack, you should've stood up for good ol' Snake Pliskin Kurt in the action hero thread man! We needed you! The whole thing was a fix for these karate bastards. :P

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
kingofsnake at 8:06AM, Oct. 12, 2007
(online)
The Good The Bad and The Ugly: The very end. “There are two types of men in this world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig…you dig.” and then “Climb on up there and put your head in that noose.”“Hey, Blondie playing a joke on Tuco?” “No joke, climb on up there.” Really that whole movie is fantastic, but it's that final scene that just cinches it for me.

Boondock Saints: When the brothers are in the hotel room after executing the mob bosses and they decide to fuck with Rocco.

La Confidential: Kevin Spacey saying “Rolo Talmassi”

HardBoiled: The 45 minute gunfight in the hospital at the end, or even more specifically when Mad Dog and the undercover cop lay down their guns so the nurses and patients can leave before continuing their gunfight, and then the bad guy in charge of everything just comes in and guns everyone down.

The Hustler: When Charlie comes back to bring Fast Eddie back on the road, and Fast Eddie kicks him out “You ain't nothin but a small time Charlie!” One of the greatest movies of all time right there.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
mlai at 10:45AM, Oct. 12, 2007
(online)
kingofsnake
The Hustler: When Charlie comes back to bring Fast Eddie back on the road, and Fast Eddie kicks him out “You ain't nothin but a small time Charlie!” One of the greatest movies of all time right there.
Me pappy loves that movie so much, he buys the salad dressing to go with his steak salad.

Crazy Dutchman at 2:52AM, Oct. 13, 2007
(offline)
It's hard to name just 5 favorites. I was also thinking about the opening of Amelie :) I think my list would be something like this:

1. Nightmare Before Christmas - What's This?

2. American Bauty - Plastic bag

3. Pi - Brains at the station (No YouTube video.. what a shame!)

4. Spirited Away - Train scene

5. Microcosmos - Two snails that are ‘doing it’ (this clip is a short version, in the movie the actual scene takes much longer :) )
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
MrRiot at 4:00AM, Oct. 13, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
MrRiot
But I stand by my #1 movie scene of all time from Big Trouble in Little China. Kurt Russell's the MAN.
Ack, you should've stood up for good ol' Snake Pliskin Kurt in the action hero thread man! We needed you! The whole thing was a fix for these karate bastards. :P

AGH! I missed said thread!
It's ok, ozone…WE know Kurt's the man. If we could somehow COMBINE “Escape from New York” Kurt with “Big Trouble in Little China” Kurt…those karate sissies wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell!

Bekefel at 4:49AM, Oct. 13, 2007
(offline)
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:18AM
MrRiot at 4:59AM, Oct. 13, 2007
(online)
Bekefel

HA! Great choice!

Jonko at 7:57AM, Oct. 16, 2007
(online)
Crazy Dutchman
It's hard to name just 5 favorites. I was also thinking about the opening of Amelie :) I think my list would be something like this:

1. Nightmare Before Christmas - What's This?

2. American Bauty - Plastic bag

3. Pi - Brains at the station (No YouTube video.. what a shame!)

4. Spirited Away - Train scene

5. Microcosmos - Two snails that are ‘doing it’ (this clip is a short version, in the movie the actual scene takes much longer :) )

Hehe, good choice. Your the first one I've met that's stated they like the brains scene!
tea_green at 12:22AM, Oct. 17, 2007
(online)
marine
Scarface - The Ending. The whole film is brilliant with as many but the last say fifteen minutes of the movie is so awesome. As soon as he gets off the phone with Sosa and all the stuff goes down, thats the best. How can you not love that one?

That is one of my most favorite scenes too. Everytime I watch the ending I get this giddy grin on my face. It's just so awesome, plus the music seems to polish everything off.

The Lion King - Scar's Solo. Jeremy Irons was awesome as Scar and this is my most favorite Disney song ever. Scar was a wicked fine villian and the whole atmosphere of his scene really embraced that. Plus, the little banter between him and the hyenas was darkly cute. (Not to mention that one of them was Cheech. Plus!!)

Hero - The Shower of Arrows. It was so pretty. Two legendary warriors in colorful flowing outfits gracefully deflecting arrows. Pratically poetry in motion set to tranquil but fitting music. Plus that was A LOT of frickin' arrows. You gotta be hella strong for that.

Death Proof - The Final Chase. So the girls go after the crazy bad guy which just drips of lady empowerment, with a touch of whoop-ass, and he's injured but the part where he's bawling his eyes out at getting shot is hilarious. Plus, at the very end it gets even funnier when they're all three laying in to him, and to put icing on this campy cake, they even have a victory pose at the end, complete with fanfare music.

Monty Python & The Holy Grail. The Beheading of the Historian. I just think that it's funny that the only guy actually riding a horse in the film beheads someone who isn't even supposed to be in that time. Then again, the whole thing just seems to be a Ren-fair gone awry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
hpkomic at 12:36AM, Oct. 17, 2007
(online)
5: Ghostbusters- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. “Okay, Ray's gone bye bye.”
4: Star Wars: Empire Stikes Back- Han Solo being frozen in Carbonite. “I love you.” “I know.”
3: Twelve Monkeys- Any of Brad Pitt's scenes, the final scene showcasing the protagonist's loop.
2: Monty Python's Life of Brian- “Always look on the bright side of life.”
1: The Iron Giant- “You stay… I go.” “Suuuuuperman…” ;___;
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Gavin at 3:37AM, Oct. 17, 2007
(online)
in no particular order:

Fight Club: “Do not FUCK with us!”

Back to the Future: Marty plays guitar out of the giant speaker. Cracks me up everytime.

Suburbia: the stand off at the end of the movie with the gas station attendant.

Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee's fight in the underground lair with all of Kahn's guards. So good.

Groundhog Day: Chase scene with Bill Murray and the Groundhog running from the cops and Bill lets the groundhog drive.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Gavin at 3:40AM, Oct. 17, 2007
(online)
Terminal
5. Die Hard With a Vengeance, all of it.

that's something I can get behind as well.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
jgib99 at 10:14PM, Oct. 17, 2007
(online)
hpkomic
2: Monty Python's Life of Brian- “Always look on the bright side of life.”

Damn! Someone beat me to it. I love that scene.

Anyways. Here my top 5 movie scenes:

5 - The Thing- Kurt Russel's blood test to see who's human and who's the Thing. The spider head thing was priceless.

4 - Seven- The final 15-20 minutes of the movie.

3 - Raiders of the Lost Ark - The Truck scene. Especially the part where Indy's climbing underneath the truck.

2 - The Empire Strikes Back - The Lightsaber duel, ending with Darth Vader's telling Luke that he's his father.

1 - Alien - John Hurt's uninvited dinner guest.
Karen's Edge- The beginning of the wildest road trip ever!!
How Unfortunate- Coming back in mid-July!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved