Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Your very first memory...
mishi_hime at 5:07AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
What is your very first memory in life…?

When I think about it, all i see is obscure memories of sunshine and yellow roses.
Yellow and bright. EDIT: In contrast to this memory, I also have ones of being scared. very scared from my parents fighting.Also my 3rd birthday with Ninja turtles (yeah i was a comic geek then too)
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:03PM
simonitro at 5:18AM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
Well, as far as I remember, my first memory of life is I don't know whether it was my birthday or someone else's but I guess it was mine.

Everything seems to be orange-y and I guess that's the experience you or someone would have when they're seeing stuff for the very first time.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
Aussie_kid at 5:34AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Walking down the hallway of my old house, leaning into a basket and seeing my newborn sister. This was about a day or two after my second birthday
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Will at 6:12AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
for some odd reason, my first memory is me staring at a phone book…

significant?
Will
putting your own quote into your sig is the post pretentious and pathetic thing anyone could ever do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
Ozoneocean at 6:23AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Shooting JFK from the grassy knoll…
I was a natural ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
Glarg at 6:29AM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
Well, it's kind of hard to remember that far…but I think my first memory was when I was two years old and at the park, and it's not a good memory. The only reason I remember it after all this time is because I thought I saw faces all over the inside of a slide (They all looked like the ‘silver surfer’ ) calling out at me “Don't go down!”. To put it simply I was scared shitless. Either there was ALOT of led in that slide or I had a repressed memory replaced.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Will at 6:52AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Shooting JFK from the grassy knoll…
I was a natural ^_^

oh. right. if were gunna be idiots i might aswell lie about mine…

my first memory actually was when i was 8 months old, I was skydiving into a volcano to rescue Yoda from the evil mole people. I was successful but the violence i saw that day has scarred me for life.
Will
putting your own quote into your sig is the post pretentious and pathetic thing anyone could ever do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
Ozoneocean at 7:19AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Will
my first memory actually was when i was 8 months old, I was skydiving into a volcano to rescue Yoda from the evil mole people. I was successful but the violence i saw that day has scarred me for life.
I was there. Your mum dropped you in a public toilet… it was on fire. You came out with a burning cockroach.

Things seem bigger when you're little ;)
mechanical_lullaby at 7:30AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
I'm with my grandfather, grabbing his nose.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
crocty at 7:46AM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
I think my first memory is when my parents were moving stuff around in my old house.
I don't think I was feeling very well, I felt weird.
:s
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:51AM
seventy2 at 7:50AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
i'm staring at the floor, and somebody's either dressing me or undressing me….i've got my hands in the air….dont know how old i was….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
6116 Taboo at 8:46AM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
Uhm… *thinks reeall hard*
I think… going back and forth on my grandpa's old swing. It's one of those that you gotta push back and forth. Kinda like the ones you see on swing sets but bigger and made of wood.
He lives in the woods, so that made the memory all the better. x3
::Taboo:: Updated M/W/F.
“Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?” -Monty Python and the Holy Grail
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
Frostflowers at 10:05AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Well, there's two very strong memories, but I don't know which is the earliest:

One is me sitting in our living room one early morning. It was summer, as I recall, because the sunlight streamed in through the veranda door - I've just finished eating breakfast, and I'm cuddling my favourite green teddy bear. The strongest part of the memory is the way the teddy bear smelled, and the warmth of the sunlight angling over my bare legs.

The other is me being dragged down a slope, my hands caught on a nail in someone's soapbox car, bare-kneed on the asphalt. I wore shorts, and it was a beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky, and by the time I reached the bottom of the slope, I had no skin left on my knees and my shins were covered in a muddy mix of blood, gravel and dust. I can't recall getting home, but I remember with utmost clarity what it felt like when my mother picked the pebbles out of my knees with a pair of tweezers. … Yeah. I also remember very clearly all the other times I skinned my knees or crashed them messily against sticks and stones, but that was the first time.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
usedbooks at 11:46AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
One of my earliest memories is falling asleep under a rocking chair. When I woke up, I was in a little alcove of a soft bed with colorful curtains all around me, and I was all alone. When I pushed the curtains aside, I saw a room (one I'd never seen before) where my sister and mom were sitting on the floor watching She-Ra. – It turns out, my parents had picked me up while I was sleeping and driven (4 hours) to my uncle's home in Philadelphia for the holidays.

I have some earlier memories, but they are all of nightmares I had as a child – not of anything real. One involved a giant worm monster; one involved a pond that drowned people and turned them into bananas; and the another vivid one included a giant witch at our front door who stole my toy bunny and wanted to cook me and my sister.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
crazyninny at 1:42PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Me sitting in the highchair in the kitchen, eating red jello with my hands. For some odd reason, a lady that I don't even know was there freaked out and got me a spoon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
pastel at 4:04PM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
Seeing my uncle smoke a cigarette, put it down in the ashtray for a bit. I took it and sucked on it, trying to imitate him.

Then I coughed a lot. My mom and aunt were yelling. Then I blacked out. :D
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
Daxy at 4:39PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
I remember just being terrified of the bathroom because there were bullet holes in the door, and my brother had smeared fake blood on it. He came up with the story that some man had been killed in there when I was about two.

Also, I remember falling out of a moving vehicle. O.o
*edits*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
kyupol at 5:44PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
drowning.

Not sure if that happened in early childhood, or in a dream, or a past life.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
DAJB at 11:38PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Oooh, lots of early memories. Wouldn't have a clue as to which one was the earliest.

I remember wondering whether people actually lived to be as old as ten, so I must have been pretty young then!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Ozoneocean at 12:24AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Seriously…
I don't remember. There are so many and I have no idea what order they go. :)

-Toddling around in the kitchen, pushing my baby sister about in the silly wheeled thing she was strapped into, just to make her upset…
We're a year apart, and she was too young to walk, so that's pretty early.

-Lying on a carpet in a patch of light from the window, drawing a bass drummer in a marching band uniform.
I started drawing early. I remember I was pleased at how great it looked :)

-Wanting an old fashioned soldier hat like people in marching bands wear (a shako), because I loved hats. So I threw away my cap and put a red bucket on my head. Using the white handle as a chinstrap. lol!
lefarce at 12:28AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
My wagon tipped on the side of the road. My body was all scraped up, as the older kid who was leading me and some of the younger ones around flipped it and didn't really want to stop dragging.

IIRC, there was a really young kid in there too, I mean, I was young as all hell, it was before the divorce and the move and my sister, but this kid was really little from what I remember. He was really bloodied up, and I was crying my eyes out.

Next memory would be my father and mother arguing.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:32PM
LoveandGuns at 5:03AM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
I know this is long… Sorry.

My first memory was actually an accident that occurred in the backyard of my home. I was only 3 or 4 years old I was playing follow the leader with someone I thought was my brother for the longest time, towards the backyard. The place was incredibly enormous from my point of view(I was a very small child until about 1st grade - my height changed dramatically), and almost forest-like.

I chased him up until I reached a certain point where he managed to get on top of these steps to the back porch. He encouraged me to go up the stairs, but I was too afraid. My instincts told me that something terrible was going to happen to me if I were to do what he said. I remember that I shook and felt almost sick to the pit of my stomach, and I tried to tell him that I didn't want to go up the stairs.

He continued to coax me, and told me it was a safe idea.

Eventually I was convinced to head up the stairs, but quickly as possible.

I slipped (though I felt I was pushed) on a leaf that happened to be wet, and fell off of the stairs. The railing broke through (the whole structure was made of wood that was rotten) so I fell and landed on the concrete, face first. The thing I remember the most was my mother screaming and yelling to my older brother to try to see if I were ok or not. Even my older brother tried to talk to me, ask me different questions which I could only respond with barely audible ‘yes or no’.

The luckiest part of the accident is that a plastic pink cup was on the floor, in front of the basement, and I managed to hit it with my face, so my head bounced a little instead of being smashed against the concrete. ——- That cup stayed somewhere in the backyard for years… so every time I went down the the basement I kept finding it near the accident.

Everything went completely white, like a bright flashlight was being beamed into my eyes. The next thing I can recall was being shifted into an Ambulance and these two guys were explaining my mother to keep my head completely still, and not to let slip into unconsciousness. I don't remember much after that other than being rushed into the emergency room, and found myself staring at this young (maybe about 22?) man trying to sooth me while putting this air masking over my face.

I never spoke about the incident with my family until I hit about 12 years old, and eventually found out there wasn't anyone home besides my mom and my brother (who was about 15-16 at the time) and there couldn't have possible be a boy around the age I described him as, to them. Which was basically a young boy around the same age as one of my brothers (7).

So… The whole incident has always been a mystery to my family and myself, but it happened to also be my first memory. Haha.

K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
TheMidge28 at 6:30AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
one of the earliest memories I remember was my brother and I wrestling around in the living room while the TV was playing in the background and my brother must have been winning because my mom started freaking out, pulled my brother off of me, ran outside with me and then held me up by my arms blowing in my face. From what my mom said I guess my brother had caught off my air supply and I had turned blue and she was trying to resuscitate me… CPR, anyone?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
Glarg at 7:01AM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
Wait! I have an older memory I just remembered!
Does anybody here remember ‘Bubba bear’, the hyperactive stuffed bear with orange sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt that shouted at you whenever you squeezed it's hand? Well I remember getting into an argument with my sister over who gets the last can of cola in the fridge (What, you expect a two year old in a low class rural area to drink milk all the time?). My sister got upset after I took it out of the fridge and smacked me across the head with bubba bear.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
ZeroVX at 12:04PM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Geez…..this is tough….

Um….I think my earliest memory was when my mom was in the hospital giving birth to my younger brother. I remember my dad walking in the back door and my grandmother was with me…..or was it the other way around?

I also remember when my mom brought my brother home, but I don't know if that was before or after the first memory.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:00PM
Red Slayer at 1:25PM, April 4, 2008
(online)
I remember a dark empty room.
Then an explosion.
An then everything happened.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
CoyoteLongshot at 8:52PM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
I'm pretty sure it's a terrible nightmare involving a fire truck with the McDonald's logo on the side.
I don't like to talk about it.
I'm on the Hairway to Steven, baby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 9:47PM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
I was about 2 or 3. I was sitting in my living room under a plastic play house. I remember pushing the plastic house and feeling strong.

I have a picture of that moment, too. Strange.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
dueeast at 11:59AM, April 5, 2008
(offline)
At the age of 3, I decided to drink rubbing alcohol…which of course, could have killed me. I remember choking and not being able to breathe. I remember my dad racing to help me, although I don't remember the details of how he helped me. But obviously he succeeded, because I'm still alive.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Custard Trout at 12:25PM, April 5, 2008
(offline)
Watching my brother playing Worms 2. This only happened about three years ago.

I'm serious, I can't remember anything that happened beyond that point. I've seen some videos of me as a toddler, but I don't really count those as memories, since I didn't really remember them.

If they do count, then punching my cousin in the face.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:00PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon