Media Megaforum

Zombieland.
seventy2 at 9:12PM, Oct. 2, 2009
(online)
Best.
Movie.
EVER.

Not much more to say. anything else would be a spoiler, and ruin the fracking hilarity that is this movie.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
fern at 9:39PM, Oct. 2, 2009
(online)
I wanna watch this movie so badly! But Toy Story 3D calls… then Zombieland and then Whip It. It's gunna be a good weekend.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
seventy2 at 9:47PM, Oct. 2, 2009
(online)
it should be
Zombieland, followed by a double feature of Zombieland, and Zombieland. maybe toy story 3-d, then Zombieland, and then something else for a week or two, and then Zombieland.

seriously, this was the only movie this summer, that i actually feel like i got my monies worth. and infact, i will purchase this. more movies like this need to be made.
facara
LIZARD_B1TE at 11:08AM, Oct. 3, 2009
(online)
I'm going to see this in a few hours
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Product Placement at 11:50AM, Oct. 3, 2009
(online)
seventy2
Zombieland.
Sounds like a good movie.

It's funny actually. I just finished going through Romero's original trilogy (Night/Dawn/Day of the dead) and now I'm greeted with this recommendation. Since I'm apparently in this zombie mood, I might as well continue with it.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:10PM, Oct. 3, 2009
(online)
HOLY SHIT THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME!

DOUBLE TAP!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
fern at 10:21PM, Oct. 3, 2009
(online)
Great movie! I'm going to be spending the next few days deciding whether I like more Shaun of the Dead or Zombieland
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
Hawk at 10:25PM, Oct. 3, 2009
(online)
seventy2
it should be
Zombieland, followed by a double feature of Zombieland, and Zombieland. maybe toy story 3-d, then Zombieland, and then something else for a week or two, and then Zombieland.

seriously, this was the only movie this summer, that i actually feel like i got my monies worth. and infact, i will purchase this. more movies like this need to be made.

Careful not to oversell it, man. It was a great movie… A little predictable, but very fun to watch.

There will come a time very soon where we're all sick of games and movies about zombies. I'm glad I watched this movie before then.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
ozoneocean at 3:38AM, Oct. 5, 2009
(online)
Hawk
There will come a time very soon where we're all sick of games and movies about zombies.
I'm a man far ahead of my time :(

I may see this though, since it's so highly recommended, but the zombo concept bores me and has done since forever. -_-

But then I'm a day ahead of all you guys (being where I am on the earth's surface), so it's not surprising you're in the past still and I'm racing ahead into the bright shiny future!

We wear silver undies and nothing else.
That said, I don't even know weather that film is out here yet… regardless, I'll be seeing it while wearing silver Speedos.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Hakoshen at 12:49PM, Oct. 5, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Hawk
There will come a time very soon where we're all sick of games and movies about zombies.
I'm a man far ahead of my time :(

I may see this though, since it's so highly recommended, but the zombo concept bores me and has done since forever. -_-

But then I'm a day ahead of all you guys (being where I am on the earth's surface), so it's not surprising you're in the past still and I'm racing ahead into the bright shiny future!

We wear silver undies and nothing else.
That said, I don't even know weather that film is out here yet… regardless, I'll be seeing it while wearing silver Speedos.

Silver undies aside, this is not your typical zombie movie. It's a… well more “believable” zombie movie than a great deal of others out in recent years. I quite enjoyed it.

In defense of the genre, is there ANY genre that hasn't been done to death? I'm frankly more susceptible to being sick of vampires than zombies, what with True Blood, Twilight, and Underworld franchises (though admittedly I watch True Blood religiously).

I'll say this though, though you have a point, as do you Hawk about its predictability. Zombies movies typically have a flow similar to = armageddon, run, shoot, barricade, shoot, scavenge, ambush, casualties, run, melee, tragic killing your bitten partner scene, repeat, evac if you're lucky. The only variation is how fast they run, how smart they are and whether or not they die of starvation.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Hawk at 2:03PM, Oct. 5, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
In defense of the genre, is there ANY genre that hasn't been done to death? I'm frankly more susceptible to being sick of vampires than zombies, what with True Blood, Twilight, and Underworld franchises (though admittedly I watch True Blood religiously).

You're right, it's kind of a pattern genres seem to follow and you can't really blame it specifically on the genre itself. We're just at this point where zombie movies are more numerous than usual in both the movies and videogames industry. But I'm happy to see variations being explored, like the fast rage-driven zombies of 28 Days Later and mutated zombies with special abilities in Left 4 Dead. They help to keep things fresh.

As for Zombieland, I don't see it as doing anything really new in zombie movies, but the humor is good enough and the characters likable enough that you don't really care if it seems so familiar. I left the theater feeling like I had fun, and that's a feeling I don't get often enough from a movie.

By the way, did anybody else feel like the main character was a clone of Michael Cera, both in looks and personality? After watching the movie I actually had to convince my friend that it wasn't him.
zaymac at 2:55PM, Oct. 5, 2009
(online)
Despite my dislike of “fast ambidextrous zombies” it was still pretty awesome. Woody Harrelson's character was just plain bad ass.

I'm torn between this and Shaun of the Dead. I kind of like this one more. My main gripe with Shaun of the Dead was them keeping some zombies around for labor and such. I know it was meant to be funny, but why would you risk that again after you've regained control of the outbreak.

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
Hawk at 3:14PM, Oct. 5, 2009
(online)
I'd choose Zombieland over Shaunn of the Dead. I liked Shaunn of the Dead, but it was at an awkward halfway point between a comedy and a horror movie. It needed to be more of one or the other. Zombieland chose to be mostly comedy with some horror aspects and I think that helped it to be more cohesive in my mind.
seventy2 at 3:47PM, Oct. 5, 2009
(online)
Hawk
By the way, did anybody else feel like the main character was a clone of Michael Cera, both in looks and personality? After watching the movie I actually had to convince my friend that it wasn't him.

most people in the theatre did too. it was a packed house, and you could here a lot of people go “that's michael cera!” and i had to do a double take.

i didn't ever say the movie was genre bending/leading/changing. i said it was an excellent movie, worth seeing multiple times, and definatly worth the money i paid.

besides, i'm only famous when i'm wearing the wig.
facara
Hakoshen at 3:59PM, Oct. 5, 2009
(offline)
Hawk

D: It WASN'T him? OMG. Especially alongside Emma Stone I thought was watching Superbad again.

And yeah, I loved Shawn of the Dead but it got dark at the end for no apparent reason other than to have some more bodies. I was glad that in Zombieland…

It never got dark and started killing the heroes. Well, unless you count Bill Murray, but he impersonated a zombie around people with guns. I kind of spent the whole movie expecting it to, especially at the amusement park. I was SURE Harrelson was gonna bite it there.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Product Placement at 7:51AM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
Ok. I've seen a shit load of praises for this movie and allot of people stating that there's this “one thing” that nobody is allowed to talk about or risk spoiling it for those who haven't seen it. For example, here's a review about the movie, stating the exact same thing.

I just saw it and while I found it funny, it certainly wasn't the mind blowing “BEST. MOVIE. EVER!” orgasm that everyone's been preaching about. I also have a hard time figuring out what that “one thing” I'm not allowed to talk about is so let me ask the people who have seen this movie.

Is the mondo spoiler the fact that all the heroes survive?
P.S. I also liked how they were always revisiting the rules. Especially the double tap one.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hawk at 8:48AM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
See, this is why you don't start a thread with
Best.
Movie.
EVER.

Like I said, it was good, but Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure already exists, so it's blatant exaggeration.

And Product Placement, I think the thing everybody's overly-worried about spoiling is
Bill Murray. That's the only shocker I can think of.
Product Placement at 10:19AM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
Really? That's what everyone's overly exited about? Saw it coming the moment they walked into the house.

I admit my thought process was “wouldn't it be cool if that happened” and sure enough, the movie delivered.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ShinuZero at 1:42PM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
I am going to see this tonight, I'm pretty excited. I'll post my impressions when I get back :]
All Hail Despotize!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
seventy2 at 3:47PM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
Hawk

i don't think i've ever given that title to a movie before. i think it's justified. granted its an opinion and everyone's entitled to it. i do concede that others may not see it that way.

bill murray was definatly a surprise, i didn't even know he was on the list to appear…plus he's not in any previews, or even hints…

the ending surprised me as well, as at that point, much like shaun of the dead, i expected the non zombie body count to rise. but they pulled it off well.
facara
ShinuZero at 12:15AM, Oct. 7, 2009
(online)
I absolutely loved the movie. A definite buy when it comes out on DVD/Bluray.
All Hail Despotize!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
NickGuy at 12:49PM, Oct. 8, 2009
(online)
best movie ever? hardly. funny but not too amazing. and too predictable.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Crimsonskystudio at 12:23PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(offline)
It was really good, nice character building, unusual twists to some characters,
and of course Romero would be proud of the zombies/infected.

Now though like many others, i'm torn between Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
isukun at 5:45AM, Oct. 12, 2009
(online)
I wouldn't say it was the best movie ever, but I did enjoy it for what it was. I also didn't find it all that predictable.

I really expected it to end with two less characters than it did.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Insizwa at 7:57PM, Oct. 12, 2009
(offline)
I liked it. Not amazing, but I loved the scenes in the mansions. The vacuum cleaners killed me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
BffSatan at 5:30AM, Oct. 14, 2009
(online)
This movie doesn't get released in Australia until December. I am very suspicious that this is because they intend to censor it.
Fuck the government.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Insizwa at 11:39AM, Oct. 14, 2009
(offline)
Really? I didn't even think it was that bad. It was rated 14A in Canada without cuts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Bekefel at 9:44PM, Oct. 14, 2009
(offline)
Without reading the posts above mine - it was a good movie, it had several laugh out loud moments and likeable characters. It was a little predictable for me, in terms of the romance and the way the film played out. It was nice that it didn't turn out to be a “pick off the cast one by one” affair, because thats done alot - and this is intended to be a comedy anyway.

My only real complaint with the movie is I had to keep reminding myself that guy is not the guy from Superbad, made more difficult by the fact that the older girl in the movie is in Superbad.

Someone
It's funny actually. I just finished going through Romero's original trilogy (Night/Dawn/Day of the dead) and now I'm greeted with this recommendation. Since I'm apparently in this zombie mood, I might as well continue with it.

You should totally watch Romero's Diary of the Dead, absolutely fantastic film. (lol~!)

(Land of the Dead is okay though.)
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
BffSatan at 12:52AM, Oct. 15, 2009
(online)
Insizwa
Really? I didn't even think it was that bad. It was rated 14A in Canada without cuts.
Well, I am probably just being paranoid. A delay between the international and the Australian release is actually pretty common, which still kinda sucks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Product Placement at 7:05AM, Oct. 15, 2009
(online)
Bekefel
You should totally watch Romero's Diary of the Dead, absolutely fantastic film. (lol~!)

(Land of the Dead is okay though.)
Way ahead of you. Saw Land ages ago and I re watched the original trilogy because I had recently finished diary.

You could say that I'm familiar with Romero's work.

I've also seen the remake of the dawn of the dead but not the remake of the day of the dead.

Other zombie movies that I've seen.
Shaun of the dead.
Fido.
24 days/weeks (yeah… they're technically not zombies but when you think about it, the zombies in zombieland were also infected people).
Braindead
Return of the Living Dead
+ many others of various quality that I don't remember the names of.

Does anyone remember the name of a zombie movie that ended with the president dropping a nuke on the infected town?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved