Networking & Community Projects*

[ Wanted: Artist for 'Screw Saving the World!' ]
Sakibou at 10:47AM, July 26, 2007
(online)
Tired of all the overused and cliche ideas that the vast majority of the anime and manga industry seems to be made up of? How about the basically stolen ideas that seem to turn up all too often in webcomics? Well, here's your chance to poke fun at them all!

'Screw Saving the World!' is a parody comic that, at first glance, appears as though it were intended to be taken seriously. Though it incorporates a wide variety of different things that tend to show up a lot in anime and manga, I am confident (or at the very least hopeful) that it will be engaging enough to keep readers' interest.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Sakibou at 10:47AM, July 26, 2007
(online)
Here's a summary:

Mijuku Sakana is a fighter from the Town Concealed in a Tree. An outcast, he strives to prove his worth by becoming the toughest fighter in all of town! As if this weren't enough, Mijuku's troubles are nothing short of doubled when he suddenly finds himself transported to another world, where he's soon met up with by his sickeningly cute, animal-like familiar.
Unfortunately for him, it seems that there was some sort of mistake; apparently, someone else (a girl, no less) was supposed to have found the object that transported him there. Now, Mijuku has no choice but to take her place and defeat the evil that had been plaguing their world for centuries!

Attempting to enlist the help of Mijuku was more than they bargained for, however. Despite the fact that the fate of this world rests on his shoulders, and that he will be unable to return home until peace is restored, Mijuku completely rejects the idea of becoming a magical ‘girl’ (especially after seeing his transformation costume), and eventually manages to ditch his familiar. During the course of his quest to find his own way home (without having to fight any all-powerful beings, mind), all sorts of weird people eventually begin to team up with him. If there's one thing he's learned from all this, it's to avoid strange glowing objects.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
p_type at 10:32PM, July 26, 2007
(offline)
Okay, hands down, that is the coolest idea I have heard in a very long time. I can already see how you would go about this and it's brilliant. With the right artist that would be one of my all time favorites…. if you don't find anyone, keep me in mind…who knows? :)

www.blu3fir3.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon