Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
lefarce at 8:29PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
Few things:

I can't send a PQ, still. It doesn't go to any sort of “PQ sent!” screen, and it doesn't show up in my sent folder.
Is there any way to PQ someone via their profile? I'm trying to contact someone who doesn't post in the forums at all, and I'm not sure how else to get ahold of them besides composing a message. What worries me is that it could send to the wrong person or maybe not at all.
Lastly, is there a way to check when someone was online last anymore? Again, I'm trying to get ahold of one person in paticular, and it would be nice to see if they've even been on recently at all.

Datkidyellow at 9:04PM, July 22, 2011
(offline)
Hello,

Im unable send PQ's.I forgotI have dome busta under my old email.(stupid me)The password reset only wrks on my new account and email I made through yahoo. Some odd reason I never got in my old one so i made another email. But I dont know if I put DB with it in my personal settings on DDsite. Im $h*t ‘n my pants right now. Is there any way to work around the email issue? Again im no fraud have all the originals with me. Trying to find all my fav’s is killing me hahaha.

The one and only That kid yellow….tears.
last edited on July 22, 2011 9:12PM
lefarce at 9:15PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
You guys finally did it. You killed him…
RIP DatKidYellow

Newway12 at 11:37PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
is it normal to have lost all the comments that people have left under your comic?

irrevenant at 2:21AM, July 23, 2011
(online)
Hey, very minor thing, but:
The “say it” button underneath comics is a dull grey on grey colour scheme that makes it look like an inactive control.
Can it be recoloured to something that makes it look like an active button, please?
Corruption at 4:09AM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
Don't know if these have been mentioned already.
For a while I could not log on as I kept getting a page saying I times out. I'm using Firefox 5.0
How do you fav a comic with the new settings? I tried it, but can't seem to firgure it out. I tried Duckmark, and recommend comic. I also tried the ‘Like this comic’ button at the bottom.
We are all corrupt in our own ways
AzuJOD at 5:57AM, July 23, 2011
(online)
lefarce wrote:
Few things:
I can't send a PQ, still. It doesn't go to any sort of “PQ sent!” screen, and it doesn't show up in my sent folder.

I still have this problem now, but only if I try to compose a new one. I click the send button and it does is apparently reload the page, except all the fields remain filled out.
Using Firefox 5.0 and Windows 7.
last edited on July 23, 2011 5:58AM
PyThomas at 6:00AM, July 23, 2011
(online)
I miss the “TODAY” listing. It's a bit harder to tell which comics have updated in My Favorites now. :/
skoolmunkee at 6:31AM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
I Am The 1337 Master wrote:
The Online/Offline text underneath peoples av's might be wrong.
Seeing as it thinks I'm offline, and labels almost everyone as online.
Is it possible that it's just a time delay, like maybe the database only updates that every five or ten minutes?

itsjustaar wrote:
So far at the moment, nothing seems to be broken for me. I dunno if it's my adblocker though on Firefox which seems to have made two weird grey blocks on the right and left sides of my comic. Or are they placeholders for something?
It's the adblocker, those are the ad spaces.

Datkidyellow wrote:
This is actually That kid yellow.
I sent you an e-mail.

lefarce wrote:
Lastly, is there a way to check when someone was online last anymore? Again, I'm trying to get ahold of one person in paticular, and it would be nice to see if they've even been on recently at all.
Since PQs aren't working, send me an email (or PM on the other forum) and tell me who they are, I can look that up.
Newway12 wrote:
is it normal to have lost all the comments that people have left under your comic?
All the comments which were just a number vote (like 5) didn't carry over because there's no vote system on the new site. Comments where people said stuff should have come over!

Corruption wrote:
How do you fav a comic with the new settings? I tried it, but can't seem to firgure it out. I tried Duckmark, and recommend comic. I also tried the ‘Like this comic’ button at the bottom.
Up in that topbar on a comic where you see duckmark, recommend, etc. Click on “favorites” - you should see a red-text option to ADD favorite. It does seem a little hidden.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 23, 2011 6:33AM
shaneronzio at 7:51AM, July 23, 2011
(online)
just went to
http://www.drunkduck.com/CROSS_WORLDS_NEXXUS/index.php
what the hell is this?
It used to go to the most recent page.
also, bring back the mass upload feature.
thanks.
everything else is looking great, keep up the good work.

EDIT!
—————
O.K.
I Fixed the www.crossworldsnexus.com redirect to point to…
http://www.drunkduck.com/CROSS_WORLDS_NEXXUS/
all is good.

…mass upload would be nice.
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 23, 2011 8:03AM
Niccea at 8:15AM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
I might have been totally off my rocker, but wasn't the original site supposed to be open at the domain old.drunkduck so we could retreive images we might have lost?
skoolmunkee at 8:21AM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
Niccea wrote:
I might have been totally off my rocker, but wasn't the original site supposed to be open at the domain old.drunkduck so we could retreive images we might have lost?
That was the plan, but apparently the old DD is on Platinum's servers (another reason we had to get onto a new site sooner rather than later) and they're no longer accessible. I'm sure there will be an announcement if that changes, but yeah it kinda sucks.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
ayesinback at 8:21AM, July 23, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
I remember something about that, too. altho I thought it was www.original.drunkduck.com, but that takes me to the quackcasts
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
skoolmunkee at 8:23AM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
shaneronzio wrote:
just went to
http://www.drunkduck.com/CROSS_WORLDS_NEXXUS/index.php
what the hell is this?
It used to go to the most recent page.
also, bring back the mass upload feature.
thanks.
everything else is looking great, keep up the good work.

EDIT!
—————
O.K.
I Fixed the www.crossworldsnexus.com redirect to point to…
http://www.drunkduck.com/CROSS_WORLDS_NEXXUS/
all is good.

…mass upload would be nice.
I don't understand, what did you change? Just removed the index.php part at the end? I know some other people whose redirects weren't working, it would be good to pass that info along.

And we do have mass uploads! Although I don't know if that's the kind you were thinking of. What were you thinking of?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
shaneronzio at 8:54AM, July 23, 2011
(online)
Hey, I found that you brought back the mass upload feature.
Now you are Rockin' like Dokken.
Thanks!
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
lefarce at 9:27AM, July 23, 2011
(online)
I'm still concerned about how I would go about PQing someone since a button doesn't appear unless you've made a post in the forums. I know you can do it via “compose” but can anybody clarify if they're going to open up the option in profiles again? I don't know why they'd remove that in the first place.

notlikelytocare at 9:42AM, July 23, 2011
(online)
oh hey, what's this fancy new site?
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
Banes at 10:19AM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
I'm not sure if this has been posted or mentioned.
…But are the comic rankings coming back?
And are the stats working? They don't seem to be changing for my comic (not sure if they're just not changing…haha).
I like the new site, though! Looking forward to digging into these new design features!!
-thanks

Chernobog at 11:44AM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
Banes: Last they mentioned, they were still migrating, but there's not an ETA we've heard of as of yet. I'm awaiting them too.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 23, 2011 9:07PM
blindsk at 1:09PM, July 23, 2011
(online)
PyThomas wrote:
I miss the “TODAY” listing. It's a bit harder to tell which comics have updated in My Favorites now. :/
Yeah, I definitely agree with this. Though I'm sure it will be some time before we can start making cosmetic change suggestions seeing that there are quite a few functionality problems still going around.
srhdt at 2:08PM, July 23, 2011
(online)
Just a quick update on various site issues:

Sending PQs should work now. Also, usernames are no longer case-sensitive when sending PQs
Down arrows should work again when re-ordering comic pages
You can use bulk uploading to upload any amount of pages between 1-10, as long as you select the correct number in the drop-down menu
Comics will show last updated correctly now. At midnight tonight (PST) everything should update to the correct date, or whenever you add a new page.
You can create threads again in the Forums
Nicotine at 3:17PM, July 23, 2011
(online)
Once again, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned because I don't have time to trudge through the comments, but:
Yesterday I was trying to leave a comment on a comic, but when I pressed the button to post it, the comment as well as the comments left by other people disappeared (to me, I mean the comments left by others didn't disappear from the site, the disappeared from view and my comment was eaten to I had to rewrite it).
rougey at 3:27PM, July 23, 2011
(online)
I have only really noticed one bug or whatever. every like three pages I view on DD it brings up a 502 bad gateway error. including half the time I try to load up the main page, its kinda annoying
lefarce at 3:48PM, July 23, 2011
(online)
srhdt wrote:
Just a quick update on various site issues:

Sending PQs should work now. Also, usernames are no longer case-sensitive when sending PQs
Down arrows should work again when re-ordering comic pages
You can use bulk uploading to upload any amount of pages between 1-10, as long as you select the correct number in the drop-down menu
Comics will show last updated correctly now. At midnight tonight (PST) everything should update to the correct date, or whenever you add a new page.
You can create threads again in the Forums

Ok, but are you going to implement a PQ button in profiles, because copy and pasting the names seems somewhat archiac and dumb when in the year 2011 everything is one-click.

Abt_Nihil at 4:52PM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
When/how can we implement Project Wonderful ads again?
Tantz_Aerine at 5:46PM, July 23, 2011
(online)
Also, what about our stats? Primarily pageviews?
And the faving system is a little cumbersome. I can't easily fave any new comics. In fact I still don't know how. :(
Anubis at 6:05PM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
And comics that have updated are not being reconised by the favoites list etc as having been updated…..even though I think that was fixed?
Banes at 6:40PM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
…thanks, Cherno! Much appreciated!

usedbooks at 7:18PM, July 23, 2011
(online)
Anubis wrote:
And comics that have updated are not being reconised by the favoites list etc as having been updated…..even though I think that was fixed?
^This^
Please fix the “last update” function. I really want to know when my favorites have new pages. :)
artofzinn at 9:20PM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
just thought you should know - i dont know how many users are on your site who have huges net as their provider but hugesnet has a download counter and a limit that once you reach it slows your speed down and the new site sucks it down even faster than video on u tube i dont know if it is all the adds or what but i think this is going to discourage those of us who live out in the sticks from using the site anymore hope you can fix it because there really is not another good comics host i have checked
X

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon