Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
Kaji Motomiya at 9:19AM, Aug. 28, 2011
(online)
Weird. I tried searching them on the site or going through the comic filters, and the comic hasn't come up. And when I click the “open” tab on the “my comics (insert number here)” section, it doesn't have a date. It just says “edit” where the date should be. So I assumed that the comic hasn't been put up on the site yet or there's a bit of a problem.
Please gobble me kindly!
~-~
“Prepare to die, eggbear!!” - Karol Capel (and Yuri Lowell…in the funniest manner), Tales of Vesperia

- Being a toy makes a difference…right?
Gunwallace at 1:50PM, Aug. 28, 2011
(offline)
I really like the current ads I'm getting on the site for the last day or so.
“Server not found. Firefox can't find the server at atdmt.com. Check the address for… ”
Excellent ad. That must be helpng the Wowio revenue stream greatly?
But at least it is not innappropiate or offensive :-)
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
itsjustaar at 2:47PM, Aug. 28, 2011
(online)
For some reason upon visiting DrunkDuck's forums on my favorites folder, I got logged in as El Cid instead of me. I quickly logged out.

I dunno if that was a glitch on the site's part or on the account of me being hacked in some form; I was working around the clock last night on uploading a few things on a KUWT archive Yahoo Group, and I was constantly being pressed for logging in. It happened hourly for some time.

Whatever the case though, thought I'd point that out.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
Little Swan at 1:35AM, Aug. 29, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Well, I gave you all my trophies, that's something ^_^
Haha, how generous, thank you! Wow, I look so… accomplished.
Now I remember the ones I did have:
- 1 page
- 100 pages
- Favourited
- Forum poster
- Drunkduck member
- The one for customising my account (Can't remember what it's called; won't let me hover)
- Member for 1 year
- Member for 2 years
If you can get them back that'd be awesome, thank you :) My profile would look better again. It's a silly request when the other two were more important, but a bug nonetheless.
S.O.P.H.I.E
last edited on Aug. 29, 2011 1:41AM
Ozoneocean at 3:28AM, Aug. 29, 2011
(online)
@ Little swan- I think I've got all your trophies right now ^_^
-Can't do anything to get your comments back or get site editing back to HTML though sorry. That's beyond my power and Lawrence is too busy, as you know :(

@ itsjustaar - that's just wierd… Ya… it could be that logout issue, maybe it's like the old logout issue where the system just makes it apear as if you're logged in as that other person and you're really not? I'd have to expereince it myself to find out for sure, but it's a huge worry of you could just be randomly logged in as someone else. :(

@ Gunwallace - unfortunately all ads are still working on my end… Thank heavens for ad-block!

@ Kaji Motomiya - Wel I'm not sure at the resons for those errors, but if you're worried about something not being published, the nest way is to check through the front end it seems in this case: look at your comic and go through the pages :)
Little Swan at 8:50AM, Aug. 29, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@ Little swan- I think I've got all your trophies right now ^_^
-Can't do anything to get your comments back or get site editing back to HTML though sorry. That's beyond my power and Lawrence is too busy, as you know :(
Thank you! *applauds* It's a lot better now ^^ No worries about the other stuff, I understand the situation with them is a bit uneasy. I'm sure Lawrence will be able to sort the extra bugs out eventually, if his plate clears a little.
I appreciate that you took the time to sort my trophies out :)
S.O.P.H.I.E
VegaX at 11:39AM, Aug. 29, 2011
(offline)
Are the admins able to give out trophies to users?

I think it might be a nice gesture to hand out the feature trophies whenever a new comic gets featured as I'm guessing it won't happen retroactive whenever the trophy system is fixed….?

Not an extremely important priority of course, but a nice gesture. ;)

last edited on Aug. 29, 2011 11:41AM
Kaji Motomiya at 2:25PM, Aug. 29, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@ Kaji Motomiya - Wel I'm not sure at the resons for those errors, but if you're worried about something not being published, the nest way is to check through the front end it seems in this case: look at your comic and go through the pages :)
Asked someone about it, they said they can see it. So I guess it is up. Thanks for the help.
Please gobble me kindly!
~-~
“Prepare to die, eggbear!!” - Karol Capel (and Yuri Lowell…in the funniest manner), Tales of Vesperia

- Being a toy makes a difference…right?
jsaray102 at 2:46PM, Aug. 29, 2011
(offline)
Hey im somewhat new to this site as far as being a beginner cartoonist I've uploadeda mature comic strip on this site but it hasn't appear as of yet the title of the comic strip is Zar & Kane I think their maybe an error
Niccea at 3:13PM, Aug. 29, 2011
(offline)
I think special characters are not working. See if you can upload it again with “and” instead of “&”
Ozoneocean at 7:25PM, Aug. 29, 2011
(online)
At Kaji and Little swan- It's ok :)
VegaX wrote:
Are the admins able to give out trophies to users?

I think it might be a nice gesture to hand out the feature trophies whenever a new comic gets featured as I'm guessing it won't happen retroactive whenever the trophy system is fixed….?

Not an extremely important priority of course, but a nice gesture. ;)
Good idea!
Ozoneocean at 8:01PM, Aug. 29, 2011
(online)
OK, all people's profiles who've had comics featured since the changeover to the new system had had a feature trophy added!

And those who lost all trophies (VegaX included) have had some trophies restored. I'm sorry, I don't know for sure which ones you were missing, the ones I put back were my best guess.
skoolmunkee at 12:54AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(offline)
jsaray102 wrote:
Hey im somewhat new to this site as far as being a beginner cartoonist I've uploadeda mature comic strip on this site but it hasn't appear as of yet the title of the comic strip is Zar
It appears you've deleted the account though, so I can't check for sure if that was the issue. But creating a new one called “Zar and Kane” should work.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
VegaX at 1:26AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
and those who lost all trophies (VegaX included) have had some trophies restored. I'm sorry, I don't know for sure which ones you were missing, the ones I put back were my best guess.

I think that's pretty much it, thanks! It's just the comic strip trophy that is missing. (from the Duck and Quail feature)

Macattack at 8:26AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(offline)
I don't know if this has been mentioned before… also it's not an error bug as much as a missed feature, but do you think we could ever get the “Last comment posted on this comic feature”?… well actually if it could be improved I'd like the last *set number* comments. Just, if you're someone like me who doesn't get a lot of comments on their comics you always feel kind of excited when someone does write a comment and you always want to reply to them… actually a reply feature that lets the person know they were replied to would be nice too… BUT now I'm ranting and thus shall stop. Anyways, that's my only input that's not already on the list
skoolmunkee at 11:44AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(offline)
They do want to have a more robust comment management system, so that's in the works. :] But, the works are delayed. :I
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Macattack at 12:21PM, Aug. 30, 2011
(offline)
fair enough =) as long as it's being worked on that's all that matters to me
Amelius at 11:53AM, Aug. 31, 2011
(offline)
Speaking of comments, I found a new error :(
On a page from a few years back, I was trying to find a comment but it was buried in somewhere between 5 pages of comments, so i clicked “next” to find it. (by the way I still hate the paged comment system!)
Instead of loading the next set of comments, the page blinks, leads me to the default skin of the main page with nothing loaded but the sidebar letting me know I've been logged out, then it blinks again and it loads the 3 ads that are on the comic page and continues trying to load…something. This doesn't happen on my newer pages, but on any page with lots of comments it just keeps logging me out and then spitting the ads, stacked up like Jenga tiles in the uper left of the page with stark white everywhere else, and I have to log back in. The first time it happened I was afraid it was a redirect.
I know it's not gonna be fixed anytime soon, but just thought I should bring it up! I miss being able to read my comments in one go, this is very frustrating to say the least. I kinda wish they'd left it as-is until the new functions could be brought in, the paging certainly isn't making the comments load any faster. -_-
Ozoneocean at 8:00PM, Aug. 31, 2011
(online)
Amelius wrote:
by the way I still hate the paged comment system!
Agreed. It's bloody horrible and unnecessary!
That's a weird error. :/
joeyjarin at 6:16AM, Sept. 1, 2011
(online)
Bring back the stats!
darth_paul at 6:05AM, Sept. 2, 2011
(offline)
Something very weird happened to me yesterday when uploading a new page to my charater profiles “comic”. I had just finished typing in the comments about the page, and then uploaded the image when the image got posted into the comments section! I was using Firefox, since that's the browser that I primarily use and was told that everything was fixed for it, but when I tried to edit the page to remove the hundreds of lines of code for the image from the comment box, it kept crashing on me and turning the editing page white and all sorts of weird things until I tried fixing it in the “almighty Chrome” which finally allowed me to remove the extra code with no issues.
skoolmunkee at 1:59PM, Sept. 2, 2011
(offline)
That is pretty bizarre.

Thanks everyone who is still reporting stuff, it's good to have a record of it even if it won't be worked on currently. I haven't been updating the first post because… the bullet points don't work any more on the forums for some reason, and trying to do all those lists without list formatting will drive me crazy.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
alexhatzia at 12:57PM, Sept. 3, 2011
(online)
Hey all,
I'm trying to upload another banner on my signature but the body for html moves to the right of the screen page, directly under that darn World of Warcraft advertisement! Well, not sure if this is really a problem or not, just thought I'd report it.

skoolmunkee at 1:27PM, Sept. 3, 2011
(offline)
Not exactly sure what you're describing, could you take a screengrab of it? If it's just the input box moving over, it seems to do that for some people…

Just to say though, if you mean your forums signature, it's actually pretty much as big as it could be. Although the input box says one size, that size is wrong because the programmer just typed something in and didn't bother to check with us if that was OK. We ask that signature images stay within either a 480x60 size or a 250x100 one (that's all images combined, not individually).
IT'S OLD BATMAN
JillyFoo at 11:27AM, Sept. 4, 2011
(online)
Little Swan wrote:
skoolmunkee wrote:
Firefox and Opera users (possibly others too?) can't make any layout changes to their comic, they don't take. However I'm able to do this (with old comics and newly created ones) using firefox and
chrome.

Is this likely to be fixed? I'm on Firefox and obviously I don't want to install a new browser just to edit my comic layouts.In fact, I can't even find a way to edit them at all.

I can't get it to work on safari too. what browswers does editing work on?
skoolmunkee at 4:08PM, Sept. 4, 2011
(offline)
It seems to work best on Chrome, but I've tried using it with the most current version of Firefox and it works for me.

They do want to fix it, but right now Wowio doesn't have the resources or people to do anything (and they haven't since mid-July), so… I really don't know when that will happen. Sorry. You're better off downloading the browser to do it than waiting for it to get fixed.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Little Swan at 7:51AM, Sept. 6, 2011
(online)
Well, I finally managed to change the layout of my comic, by using Chrome on my boyfriend's laptop. Looks like I'm going to have to download Chrome if I want to re-edit them later on, which is most annoying.
One thing I have to point out though, is that “recommended” was spelt wrong on the profiles… it says "comics recomended by Little Swan". Recommended has two M's, last I checked XD Sorry to be a pain, but I'm a complete stickler for spelling and grammar, and errors like that tend to bug me.
S.O.P.H.I.E
Mitaukano at 11:50AM, Sept. 6, 2011
(online)
Anytime I post a link to my comic on
“Facebook” instead of showing the current page it shows the previous
page in the thumbnail. I have tried waiting until later on in the day instead
of posting at midnight but it is still a no go. Just bringing it up as a slightly
more vexing problem.
Niccea at 11:10AM, Sept. 7, 2011
(offline)
I wish we could have that Who's Online thing at the bottom of the Forum Categories. I used that a lot and the jokes that surrounded the size of the usernames.
ayesinback at 12:38PM, Sept. 7, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
I wish we could have that Who's Online thing at the bottom of the Forum Categories. I used that a lot and the jokes that surrounded the size of the usernames.
me, too. well, I don't know about the jokes. *that Niccea. always with the jokes*

Yeah. so. ya know – on to the fix it list. Who's actually alive and who isn't?
Enquiring minds and all.

Come on. ya gotta Feed the lurker population!! they Need this!

Also: as much as Comic Fury is seen as some kind of alternative – they are a tremendous resource. That site has A Lot going for it. And if Drunk Duck hopes to fly high, it only makes sense to look at what Comic Fury does REALLY WELL.

One nice feature is the operation of “liking” (or “disliking”) a post made in a thread. If you don't know what I mean, then you should go to Comic Fury and educate yourself.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Sept. 7, 2011 12:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon