Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
Splack at 1:50PM, Sept. 8, 2011
(online)
OMG I hope that's not supposed to happen!!!
I accidentally pressed login without writing anything and automatically ended up on someone elses account!!! Where I could seemingly rearrange comics and everything. . . either someone really has an account where nothing needs to be written or it's a very serious error.
Noxicosis at 3:20PM, Sept. 8, 2011
(online)
I'm having trouble with the new layout setup, i just wanted to change the background but nothing happens once i click save and nothing saves
Niccea at 3:35PM, Sept. 8, 2011
(offline)
Splack wrote:
OMG I hope that's not supposed to happen!!!
I accidentally pressed login without writing anything and automatically ended up on someone elses account!!! Where I could seemingly rearrange comics and everything. . . either someone really has an account where nothing needs to be written or it's a very serious error.
It has happened to a few others before. Do you remember who you accidently logged in as?
Noxicosis wrote:
I'm
having trouble with the new layout setup, i just wanted to change the
background but nothing happens once i click save and nothing saves
What browser are you using? I have found Chrome to work the best.
last edited on Sept. 8, 2011 3:39PM
VegaX at 8:31PM, Sept. 8, 2011
(offline)
It's all true. Whenever you press the login button, but havn't entered anything, you get logged in as someone named "!"

That person only has two comics with one page each but the info and everything associated with it can be edited as you see fit.

last edited on Sept. 8, 2011 8:34PM
Niccea at 9:02AM, Sept. 9, 2011
(offline)
I've been attacked by the dreaded 502 for the past day. Tried posting a new page up in all three main browsers…it is kinda frustrating.
-edit- It must have been the file type. I finally got that page up after changing the file type.
last edited on Sept. 9, 2011 12:27PM
Gunwallace at 1:28PM, Sept. 9, 2011
(offline)
VegaX wrote:
It's all true. Whenever you press the login button, but havn't entered anything, you get logged in as someone named "!"

That person only has two comics with one page each but the info and everything associated with it can be edited as you see fit.
Is this a new community project you've started? ;-)
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
VegaX at 4:05PM, Sept. 9, 2011
(offline)
Ha-ha that would be the craziest community comic ever. EVERYONE has access to it and can update and edit as they like. It would be total chaos! :D

Darwin at 8:30AM, Sept. 10, 2011
(offline)
Okies, I told myself this didn't really matter, but now it's just bugging me. I would like my trophies back…Especially after seeing someone who hasn't been active on this site in about four years still in possession of their trophies.

Now let's see if I can remember what I had….

Personalized profile
Active forum member
One page
100 pages
500 pages
First through 4th year as a member
Top 100(I've hit this several times in the past three years and was never awarded the trophy…heh)
Top 50(same here, twice in the past year and a half and never awarded.

I think that's it. If you could hook me up I would really appreciate it!
~~~~
I also noted that the “forum” button on the profile still has the sig banner next to the text which pushes it over into the sidebar area…I mentioned it before, but I wanted to bump it back in there because I didn't manage to see it in the first posting list.
Darwin at 8:36AM, Sept. 10, 2011
(offline)
'Nother thing, it's showing me as offline on the forum when I am online…and vice versa perhaps? It shows Vega online and I bet he's not!
Ozoneocean at 10:13AM, Sept. 10, 2011
(online)
There's nothing I can do about that “!” account…

But really, what a stupid thing to call yourself. People that do that just because they can in a system really have to take what they get I'm afraid- sure you've got that as your account name luvy, but you've got all the issues associated with it too as well now. It's a trade-off.

———
OK, Darwin, I CAN do something about awards! So you have them all back now! There is no top 50 award in the system though, so either you imagined that or it got lost in the change-over. The next one after 100 is top 10, then top 5 is the last one. There's also no 4th year, it only goes up to two. :(

But there are friending trophies and forum posting tophies AND your feature trophy!
Darwin at 11:32AM, Sept. 10, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:

But really, what a stupid thing to call yourself. People that do that just because they can in a system really have to take what they get I'm afraid- sure you've got that as your account name luvy, but you've got all the issues associated with it too as well now. It's a trade-off.

———
OK, Darwin, I CAN do something about awards! So you have them all back now! There is no top 50 award in the system though, so either you imagined that or it got lost in the change-over. The next one after 100 is top 10, then top 5 is the last one. There's also no 4th year, it only goes up to two. :(

But there are friending trophies and forum posting tophies AND your feature trophy!
Dude you're awesome…I probably did imagine the 50, or was wishful thinking, or something. Never quite made it to the top ten or anything, I think the hightest I ever got was about 35…I was still damn proud of that considering how many comics there are here.

I didn't even think about the Feature! LMAO! So thanks for looking out for me!
Ozoneocean at 8:25PM, Sept. 10, 2011
(online)
@Darwin- no worries! 35 is pretty damn good!!

———————
To the asrewipe that messed up the “!” account:

YOU'VE BEEN REPORTED TO CYBER POLICE!

Oh, and I know who you are because…
I BACK-TRACED YOU!

CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! >:[

——————-

I wiped that account so that issue no-longer exists now.
last edited on Sept. 10, 2011 8:27PM
Darwin at 7:41PM, Sept. 11, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Darwin- no worries! 35 is pretty damn good!!

I have you to thank for that high a count - with the feature and all! The other time was because Hchan cross promoted me!
darth_paul at 2:10PM, Sept. 12, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:

———

Speaking of trophies, in mine there is no indication of what each one means they're just square pictures. Shouldn't there be a rollover or descriptions of some kind for each one? Also, if it only goes up to two years, then I should have a second year one seing as I've just past my two year anniversary on Friday and there is only a one year one on my profile.
last edited on Sept. 12, 2011 2:12PM
Ozoneocean at 8:37PM, Sept. 12, 2011
(online)
darth_paul wrote:
Speaking of trophies, in mine there is no indication of what each one means they're just square pictures. Shouldn't there be a rollover or descriptions of some kind for each one? Also, if it only goes up to two years, then I should have a second year one seing as I've just past my two year anniversary on Friday and there is only a one year one on my profile.
OK, you've got the second year now :)

Ya, rollovers are something they'll need to put in again, but for now:

1: comic page, 2: 100 pages, 3: 500 pages, 4: 1000 pages
5: top 1000, 6: top 100, 7: top 10, 8: top 5
9: Created a comic?
10: 1 forum post, 11: 100 forum posts, 12: 1000 forum posts, 13: 10000 forum posts?
14: comic book feature trophy, 15: comic strip feature trophy,
16: 100 firends, 17: 1000 firends
18: standard member trophy, 19: custom profile.
20: member for 1 year, 21: member for two years.
Squirrel Master at 11:44PM, Sept. 12, 2011
(online)
When browsing/searching comics, results are ordered alphabetically, when I really would want them listed by popularity.
The default search page is ordered by popularity, but if I try to view page 2 or add any search conditions, it defaults to alphabetic.
All of which would be fine if I wanted to look for one specific comic, but I wanted to browse through the one's I haven't read yet.
I can haz signature now?
Ozoneocean at 2:04AM, Sept. 13, 2011
(online)
Actually the only place comics are listed by popularity is the top ten list on the front page of the site.
The search page just lists them in order of “likes” which is a different thing. Any comic can get into that list. :)

But I agree, a “sort by popularity” would be a good option!
darth_paul at 8:10AM, Sept. 13, 2011
(offline)

ozoneocean wrote:

10: 1 forum post, 11: 100 forum posts, 12: 1000 forum posts, 13: 10000 forum posts?

Thanks! 8-)
last edited on Sept. 13, 2011 8:47AM
Squirrel Master at 10:36AM, Sept. 13, 2011
(online)
I'd settle for sorting by “likes” if I could view page 2 and onwards that way.
I can haz signature now?
Niccea at 12:33PM, Sept. 13, 2011
(offline)
Missing my trophies too. Just didn't scroll that far down my profile.
I had the forum posting trophies, the one for my feature, posting up to 500 pages, and the years of membership, as well as the profile trophies.
I know I had the forum post trophies, so the maniac one can't be 10000 (cause I don't have 10000)
HippieVan at 12:52PM, Sept. 13, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
darth_paul wrote:

@ozone:Forum maniac is 2,500 posts, not 10,000.
So, what's going on with trophies?
I don't care about most of them, but it would be nice if I could have my featured comic trophy back. : )
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Ozoneocean at 9:36AM, Sept. 14, 2011
(online)
What's going on with the trophies? No idea :(
All I know is that some were deleted apparently from some profiles. Lucky mine were still there though because it helped me work out how to restore them to people…one by one :(

Yup, you're right about the 2500 posts too! Well spotted!
VegaX at 2:13PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(offline)
I came across two things that may or may not have been mentioned.

I've added an assistant to the “Duck and Quail” comic (gunwallace) but whenever he posts a comic with author notes it still looks like it is me doing it. Is this a well known bug or is it some setting we're missing?

Also, posting a .GIF comic page/comic title with transparency doesn't work. It just leaves white where the transparency should be. Pretty sure this used to work fine a while back during the launch…? (It works in the forum though. )

Niccea at 2:33PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(offline)
VegaX wrote:
I came across two things that may or may not have been mentioned.
I've added an assistant to the “Duck and Quail” comic (gunwallace) but whenever he posts a comic with author notes it still looks like it is me doing it. Is this a well known bug or is it some setting we're missing?
Also, posting a .GIF comic page/comic title with transparency doesn't work. It just leaves white where the transparency should be. Pretty sure this used to work fine a while back during the launch…? (It works in the forum though. )
I've noticed the assistant thing too for older posts in my comics. (prechange over)
I have also noticed that .gifs don't hold transparance very well. But .pngs seem to work. I haven't tried with the title bar, but my last page for the awards is partially transparent and it is a .png.
skoolmunkee at 2:38PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(offline)
The assistant thing I am sure I've seen mentioned before but I can't remember in what context. I think it was probably on one of their internal ‘stuff we’re going to fix next' list which never got gotten to.

The .gif thing, hmm. I can't say I know if that worked for comic pages or not. I know they have had trouble with image types on the new server, something about how “python wants everything to be a jpeg” (or something ridiculous sounding like that which I don't understand the logic behind). Thanks for reporting it though.

Just to keep you guys informed, we've had no news about the state of Wowio/DD/etc. other than just carrying on as it was. They were able to help us fend off a determined spam attack but I think that was largely done in their free time, and bringing someone back in who had left the company.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
swoobie at 4:19PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(online)
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I'm actually trying to do something fairly simple, but it's just not working…
I'm trying to change a few simple things on my page layout; making text bold, changing background color…etc. I'll make my changes, hit save, then when I refresh the page it goes back to the default setting. All of my changes have been erased! What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help on this…
skoolmunkee at 1:21AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(offline)
Hi swoobie, sorry you're not having a good experience so early on.

Unfortunately the only ‘fix’ we have for layout editor problems is to suggest that people use Chrome. Chrome seems to work with no problems, while other browsers work irregularly (firefox especially). Not the best solution but the only one we have.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 2:36AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
I've left some suggestions here: http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174619/?page=1#latest

One thing though, did you click “deactivate layout mode” after you were finished your layout editing?

The changes are only saved when you do that.
joeyjarin at 5:19AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee wrote:
The assistant thing I am sure I've seen mentioned before but I can't remember in what context. I think it was probably on one of their internal ‘stuff we’re going to fix next' list which never got gotten to.

The .gif thing, hmm. I can't say I know if that worked for comic pages or not. I know they have had trouble with image types on the new server, something about how “python wants everything to be a jpeg” (or something ridiculous sounding like that which I don't understand the logic behind). Thanks for reporting it though.

Just to keep you guys informed, we've had no news about the state of Wowio/DD/etc. other than just carrying on as it was. They were able to help us fend off a determined spam attack but I think that was largely done in their free time, and bringing someone back in who had left the company.
Dude, if I only know php, I would have volunteered. Leaving the site like this is very unprofessional.
I miss the old site.
The one before wowio came along *sigh*
~JOe
skoolmunkee at 11:17AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(offline)
I'm not even sure if the new site uses php or not. :] All I know is that it's built on python, or something.

I think just about everybody is disappointed that the site is where it is. I'm pretty sure that if they hadn't tried to update it though, we'd be in an even worse spot. That site was falling down around our ears. At least the new one works more or less reliably, even if we're missing some stuff. And it's yellow.
IT'S OLD BATMAN

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon