Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
skoolmunkee at 12:57AM, Oct. 11, 2011
(offline)
As far as I know there's no fix for it. It's probably to do with the revised URL structure for pages. All the page ID numbers changed and it seems making sure the bookmarks carried over wasn't part of the shift. :/ Sorry.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Niccea at 6:11AM, Oct. 11, 2011
(offline)
skoolmunkee wrote:
(Also please note that editing your profile will reset them again, so… make sure you've made all the profile changes you want to make for now)
TT_TT I wish I had known this.
skoolmunkee at 4:34AM, Oct. 12, 2011
(offline)
Oz just figured it out a couple weeks ago. :] happy to put yours back though, give me a few minutes.

OK, I just guessed at what should be there, if something's wrong you can let me know if you like. I also made some guesses as to raimusxczar's trophies!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on Oct. 12, 2011 4:53AM
Product Placement at 3:59PM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
It would be really great if the ability to make line spaces again in comic page comments is put into the great big daunting laundry list of todo's for the duck.
That and allowing BBcodes as well. All of this used to be allowed in page comments before.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
Darwin at 10:08AM, Oct. 17, 2011
(offline)
Product Placement wrote:
It would be really great if the ability to make line spaces again in comic page comments is put into the great big daunting laundry list of todo's for the duck.
That and allowing BBcodes as well. All of this used to be allowed in page comments before.
For that matter, making it so any copy/pasted material doesn't format funny would be nice.
Niccea at 8:14PM, Oct. 17, 2011
(offline)
Darwin wrote:
Product Placement wrote:
For that matter, making it so any copy/pasted material doesn't format funny would be nice.
Fortunately, there is a work around for the garbage. But yeah. I would love to not use it.
Darwin at 11:13AM, Oct. 18, 2011
(offline)
Niccea wrote:
Darwin wrote:
Product Placement wrote:
Fortunately, there is a work around for the garbage. But yeah. I would love to not use it.
Do let me in on this, because I've been pasting it, sending it, and then going back and editing it.
DaWaterRat at 1:00PM, Oct. 18, 2011
(online)
Not sure if this is a new bug or not, but the “date uploaded” for loading pages doesn't default to the correct date. And it's been falling further behind. Today it defaulted to almost a week behind the actual date. If i hadn't noticed and corrected it, the date on today's update would have been two days behind last Friday's update.
This doesn't seem to be affecting the order of pages, or the last update in the favorites list, so it may be a fairly minor bug. But it is something I've noticed.
Niccea at 5:11PM, Oct. 18, 2011
(offline)
After you copy paste, hit the HTML button. It will pop up your stuff with a huge wad of code in front of it. Just delete everything before your message and presto.
Product Placement at 10:46AM, Oct. 22, 2011
(online)
The biggest issue that I have about the page comment section is that it makes it very difficult for the artist to communicate with the readers. Many artists tend to use the comment section to respond to comments that readers left on the page. What use to look like this…
@commenter1 Glad you liked it.

@commenter2 Yeah, the reason why it looks like this is because…bla bla…

@commenter3 Oh, don't worry. I'll address that in the next update.
…now looks like this:
@commenter1 Glad you liked it.@commenter2 Yeah, the reason why it looks like this is because…bla bla…@commenter3 Oh, don't worry. I'll address that in the next update.
That's just plain ugly and now I've noticed some of the bigger comic makers here commenting about their frustration about this.

As for there being complex workarounds that users can learn to improve their posting experience, I have these words to say:
No one should have to bother learning complex workarounds to begin with. Posting comments or in the forum should be straight forward and easy. The current system is frustrating and a frustrating system will not result in a loyal user base. I've been looking around the site for the past couple of weeks and I see the mood of some of the bigger artists here have them contemplating changing sites or host independantly. I don't want to see them go and I can guaranty that their departure will hurt this site imennsly.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 6:06PM, Oct. 22, 2011
(offline)
The lack of PQ notifications is killing the DD Awards. I had several people not check their PQs so now they are rushing to get there stuff in.
Hawk at 12:16AM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
I've noticed Wowio found time to place a new bar at the bottom with some more tools and a few more ads. Should we take this as a good sign? Like maybe they're ready to address some issues?
Ozoneocean at 2:16AM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
Partly:)
ayesinback at 7:10AM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
Hawk wrote:
I've noticed Wowio found time to place a new bar at the bottom with some more tools and a few more ads. Should we take this as a good sign? Like maybe they're ready to address some issues?

I wish I could find optimism in yet another advertising ploy since access to most of those tools were already on the site. It is easy enough to hit the hide selection, but this new bar strikes me as only another obstacle in getting to what I want to do on this site.

Maybe I'm peevish because, once again, I selected “go to post” only to receive the message “there are currently no posts” when I had noted that there were 613.

613 posts about disappointments, and the first move is another advert mechanism?

In addition to this thread, we have the getSatisfaction site, but both arenas are combat zones with very little organization at this point. There are so many cross-speaks now that it would be hard for anyone to determine a single first step. So I'm wondering if it would help to create a survey.

Wowio could then get actual stats from us, the users, who instead of just feeling frustrated that things don't operate like they use to would have to prioritize the fixes that they want.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Oct. 24, 2011 7:12AM
kaleygeminni at 7:13AM, Oct. 25, 2011
(offline)
My subpages are still not showing up. That's my one issue. :) Oh, and the PQ alert would be nice.
Tantz_Aerine at 1:19PM, Oct. 26, 2011
(online)
I have made some subpages, but they are not showing up. Can we please fix that? The supplementary info to my comic (Without Moonlight) is kind of important and people already and still miss it.
Also is there any way to add a graphic to the page? The Language key is an image and I need to be able to show it at all times near my pages.
Niccea at 8:19PM, Oct. 26, 2011
(offline)
Whats with the forrest green background between the background and the main page. Looks worse than usual.
skoolmunkee at 2:28AM, Oct. 27, 2011
(offline)
Niccea- I'm not seeing what you're talking about?

Tantz - yeah the subpages don't work right, they didn't manage to get it fixed before going into crisis mode (or whatever you want to call what the last few months have been for them). Are the pages still there? Like if you go to the URL? If so then you could still create them and then use one of your links areas to manually make links for them. As for the image thing…. no, not that I can think of. Hmm. No, you'd probably have to try and insert it in your author comments somehow. I don't think you could try using the ‘links’ space because those are restricted sizes. The only other thing I could suggest would be perhaps a modified background image, but that is problematic for other reasons. Sorry. :/
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Niccea at 5:19AM, Oct. 27, 2011
(offline)
It might be my browser…

I just don't remember this forest green… Or else….I've gone crazy…
Tantz_Aerine at 5:24AM, Oct. 27, 2011
(online)
They are still there, though the text gets scrambled. I will try what you say. Up to now I haven't really complained but really, the whole ‘site half-broken’ thing is getting tiring. :(
JustNoPoint at 6:02AM, Oct. 27, 2011
(online)
Do you HAVE to make the links have links? And if so you could try just putting in www.link to your comic.com/#

And make the images for the links the key for your languages and such?

I have no idea if it'd work. Alternatively I guess you could make an “About/FAQ” page. Maybe make it on CF where there are more options and make one of your links link there?
DaWaterRat at 6:42AM, Oct. 27, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
It might be my browser…

Not just you. I've got it too. Same browser though.
Ryurei at 3:06PM, Oct. 27, 2011
(online)
My comics have viewers, and yet in the stats, it say my comics have no pageviews.
HippieVan at 9:13PM, Oct. 27, 2011
(online)
DaWaterRat wrote:
Niccea wrote:
It might be my browser…

Not just you. I've got it too. Same browser though.
If they're playing with the design again, I'd like to make it clear that it's not the background green that's the problem.
It's the entire colour scheme really, but specifically the bright yellow, the light blue text, the grey(instead of black) text, and most of all the eye-murdering lime green.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
skoolmunkee at 2:05AM, Oct. 28, 2011
(offline)
Niccea wrote:
I dunno what's causing that, it's still showing bright yellow for me (Chrome). I was looking at it in firefox the other day and it looked normal too. It must just be a weird browser/site coding thing. At least it doesn't look too horrible. :]
Ryurei wrote:
My comics have viewers, and yet in the stats, it say my comics have no pageviews.
They didn't manage to get the stats working before they had to stop developing due to financial issues. Sorry. :/
If they're playing with the design again,
They're not, they haven't been able to do anything with the site since August. If they do manage to get back to working on DD, I can guarantee their focus will be elsewhere. There's some back-end stuff which has needed immediate attention for several months now, and they'll probably want to get things like the stats and so on fixed before they work on design elements. I've pretty much given up hope that anything will happen any time soon though. I'm sure it's frustrating for them there and all but even my patience and optimism has run out.

Edit: Oh hey, the green frame thing just happened to me. How weird… what is going on there? Now all the pages are doing it. I'll send an e-mail to lawrence. When did this start showing up Niccea?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on Oct. 28, 2011 2:08AM
Niccea at 5:58AM, Oct. 28, 2011
(offline)
I noticed it and then I posted my first post about it. So …. I can't tell you the previous posts are gone from under this stupid box.
*Edit 26th.
Also…like I said above. I couldn't see previous posts when I made this one.
last edited on Oct. 28, 2011 5:59AM
skoolmunkee at 1:38PM, Oct. 28, 2011
(offline)
OK, it looks like it was done on purpose. Looks like it was a quick thing to try and make the overall page colors darker… I dunno, it looks kind of out of place to me, and it's the yellow which is the problem anyway. :/ I don't really feel like I can bug them about it though.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Darwin at 6:40AM, Nov. 3, 2011
(offline)
LOL, DAng it! I forgot about the “updating profile erasing all my trophies”! Could someone please reinstate them for me?? I'll get the list from my previous request!

Personalized profile
Active forum member
One page
100 pages
500 pages
First through 4th year as a member
Top 100(I've hit this several times in the past three years and was never awarded the trophy…heh)
Friending Trophy
Featured comic Trophy
last edited on Nov. 3, 2011 6:44AM
Kaji Motomiya at 3:38PM, Nov. 7, 2011
(online)
I don't know if it's just me, but I'm trying to submit a page. The live date is 11/8/11. For some reason, after I click, “Save page”, it gives me a connection error and makes me restart my work. I only get that error when I try to submit a page, but not for anywhere else on DrunkDuck.
Please gobble me kindly!
~-~
“Prepare to die, eggbear!!” - Karol Capel (and Yuri Lowell…in the funniest manner), Tales of Vesperia

- Being a toy makes a difference…right?
Ozoneocean at 8:01PM, Nov. 7, 2011
(online)
@ Darwin- I'll fix them now :)

@ Kaji- I dunno what that could be… try logging out and logging back in or try logging in with a different browser and see if that will work?
In these sorts of situations when you have to re-submit stuff to malfunctioning online forms like this it's best to save your work in a text file on your desktop so you can easily copy and paste it again into the fields when needed.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon