Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
Ozoneocean at 6:01PM, June 17, 2012
(online)
Yup, I get that too. It was probably tested initially in a nasty browser like Safari… So it'll probably work fine in Google hrome which is also webkit based.

But if you just want to stick with Firefox then you have to widen your browser window so you can see the far edge of that silly java text box and click the tag that says “html”, then you should be ok, if you know your way around BB code. :)
If you can't get the window wide enough to see the edge of the java box then press the control and the - button to shrink the browser content till you can.
(“control +” enlarges it and “control 0” gets your window back to normal)
Strain42 at 9:07PM, June 25, 2012
(online)
It's crazy to think that it's been around a year now since we had the big server move (I just remember it was around late June/early July)
Any new word on Wowio getting us some of our old features back?
Ozoneocean at 10:33PM, June 25, 2012
(online)
Nothing on that. There have only been internal updates, about pay and stuff…
There won't be a roll-back to our old features though, rather, if it ever does happen, it's just be bug fixing and then implementation of new stuff/old functionality (like stats etc) in a new form.
But for now, we waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiittttttt…….
Product Placement at 7:10AM, June 26, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
But for now, we waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiittttttt…….
Seriously, though. My offer still stands, to look over their code and attempt fixing some of the broken stuff and implementing some of the missing stuff.
It's not even necessary for them to have me messing with the site directly. I would just need a copy of the thing and a mock server to test the connections and I could experiment with. If they don't like what I'm doing, they can ignore it. All volunteer work and it wouldn't cost them a thing and there's little to no risk and effort on their part. My only requirement would be credit where credit is due, if some of my work ends up in the code, solely for the purpose of including in my portfolio.
I never received a reply from the email address that you provided me, Oz, although I later heard that Lawrence had quit the company by then.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
hopepower14 at 7:28PM, June 26, 2012
(online)

Page not found (404)

Request Method:
GET

Request URL:
http://www.drunkduck.com/True_Nature_Cat_(Jerreh)/

Using the URLconf defined in urls, Django tried these URL
patterns, in this order:

^$

^login/$

^logout/$

^ads/728x90/$

^ajax/side-panel/comics-list/$

^ajax/side-panel/favorites-list/$

^ajax/ten-list/(?P.*)/$

^errors/age/$

^errors/nopages/$

^privacy/$

^about/$

^terms/$

^etiquette/$

^copyright/$

^help/$

^api/latestnews/$

^api/featuredcomics/$

^api/toptencomics/$

^api/quackcast/$

^admin/

^user/video/

^user/

^video/

^news/

^quack/

^quackcast/

^tutorial/

^community/

^forum/

^comics/

^search/

^comments/

^duckmarks/

^ratings/

^requests/

^analytics/

^imagelocker/

^layout/

^subpages/

^(?P+)/rss/$

^(?P+)/(?P
\d+)/$

^(?P+)/(?P+)/$

^(?P+)/$

^tinymce/

^media/(?P
.*)$
The current URL, True_Nature_Cat_(Jerreh)/, didn't match any of
these.

You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your
Django settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display
a standard 404 page.

Has somehting like this been solved yet?
Ozoneocean at 8:55PM, June 26, 2012
(online)
@PP-
I will mention it again to the Wowio people.

@Hopepower15-
The problem was the brackets in your comic title, comic URLs can't contain them… even though the system forces pages to have the same URL wording as your titles, brackets and all.

So anyway, I fixed it by taking the brackets out of your URL but leaning them in your title :)
Niccea at 1:33PM, June 27, 2012
(offline)
By brackets Ozone mean parenthesis…just in case that wasn't clear.
Darwin at 3:01PM, July 6, 2012
(offline)
Sneaks in from the internet Ether…

Just updated my profile so…well y'know all my trophies went bye bye…Ozone can you hook a sista up?
Niccea at 6:40AM, July 7, 2012
(offline)
Well…there is a tiny improvement. The comic date is getting stuck on July 6th instead of June 10th.
skoolmunkee at 4:08AM, July 8, 2012
(offline)
I'll have a go, Darwin. I can't remember which ones you had so I'll just assign some. Let me know if I missed any.

Niccea, I think that whatever that date shows, is the last day they restarted the server. So I guess they had to restart it this week!

I dunno why that feature stopped working in the first place, though.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 8, 2012 4:11AM
Strain42 at 12:45PM, July 18, 2012
(online)
I'm always hesitant to bring up a problem I'm having because I'm never sure if it's a problem that applies just to me or if it's only on a specific browser or something. But you know that giant Comcast ad that pops up every now and then over comics that blocks the view of things until you close it out? Well now, that pops up…but it locks my horizontal scrollbar in the center of the screen. Trying to move it (so that I can actually see the X to close the ad and click on it…) just makes it instantly bounce back to the center.
Soooo…yeah, that's what I've got going on right now. It's a minor problem since the ad doesn't seem to pop up right away, just went it sits there for a while, and I can still just refresh the page and it goes away. But it's mildly irksome and just thought it was worth noting here.
Ozoneocean at 2:20AM, July 20, 2012
(online)
Bad ads… :(
I'll send something off about it.
ayesinback at 10:10AM, July 29, 2012
(online)
My user panel comments have gone. *sob*

Somehow they were preserved during the site move last year. And I had joy. But today, going into my control panel, which I haven't done for I-have-no-idea-how-many months: na-da

I know in the scheme of things this is small potatoes, but – Now my joy is diminished. :(
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Ozoneocean at 10:41AM, July 29, 2012
(online)
Yeah, comments and awards all disappear whenever you change info on your profile. :(
That's something we discovered looong ago and commented about in this thread.- I was restoring people's awards for them based on what I learned from that bug…
edinfresno at 5:58PM, July 30, 2012
(offline)
Now, this is embarrassing and I'm sure that it's an error on my part but I've tried several times now to add pages to my comic but, so far, I've managed only to post the first page. I've tried the 1-page-at-a-time technique according to instructions (and the 10-page-at-a-time method as well with no success. As I said, I did it as the instructions said, adding each page and then clicking “save and add more” as needed until done and then clicking “save” when finished. I keep getting the same result: “no pages added.” What, if anything, am I doing wrong, here?
Tantz_Aerine at 7:03PM, Aug. 2, 2012
(online)
hey I was wondering, does the site eat old Quackcasts? I was trying to listen to some and only a few work.
Ozoneocean at 1:01AM, Aug. 3, 2012
(online)
@edinfresno - that's pretty bad. I cant seem to find your comic on the site to test the problem though??? :(

@Tantz - Hmm, that's a shame. Jacob at Wowio did say they might delete some old Quackcasts to same costs on the hosting for the podcast stuff… I came up with a cheaper better hosting solution and said we should archive them there, but never heard anything back about that issue. Which is 100% typical of all Wowio and Platinum communication whoever is in charge.
…so anyway, I didn't think any had been deleted.

Can you tell me which ones are no longer available?
I checked as far back as number40 and that one was still there.
Tantz_Aerine at 3:41AM, Aug. 3, 2012
(online)
Hm they seem to be all working now. Maybe it was a momentary glitch. I'll get back to you in case I don't find any.
Tantz_Aerine at 4:23PM, Aug. 4, 2012
(online)
ok it looks like all the quackcasts from 1 to around 20 are gone. Basically no quackcast from 2010 is there, and that's a shame :(
Ozoneocean at 8:05AM, Aug. 5, 2012
(online)
Aw, those early ones were priceless! SOOooo awkward… Or the one where Skool and I did our first interview ever and it was with Amelius and EEnick and I was as drunk as anything hahahahaha! Classic :)

Or the one were we interview Lawrence and other Wowio peeps and it's all about promising how the site is gonna be better than ever when the new version comes up ^__^
Good times.
skoolmunkee at 7:10AM, Aug. 10, 2012
(offline)
ugh.
There were a couple good ones in there, though!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
MrTT at 10:34PM, Aug. 24, 2012
(online)
This comic loads nothing
http://www.drunkduck.com/Innate_Blasphemy/
Last time I had it working was before the last major database migration. It is most likely on hiatus so it never got noticed that it failed to migrate properly. I have actually seen several comics that do that.
Ozoneocean at 4:17AM, Aug. 25, 2012
(online)
Hi MrTT

That comic is maked “Deleted” by its creator, Lexy. It hadn't been updated since March in 2006 and there were only 10 pages anyway.
Lexi now does this comic, which you might wanna check out:
- http://www.drunkduck.com/Dear_Beau/
Or, the Dv art page for the comic if you miss it: http://www.innateblasphemy.deviantart.com/

^_^
last edited on Aug. 25, 2012 4:18AM
MrTT at 9:52PM, Aug. 25, 2012
(online)
Thanks for the clarification. But if a comic has been deleted then going to its page should forward me to a “this comic has been deleted” page not to an empty white page.
Furthermore, some deleted comics forward me to www.drunkduck.com while others give me a white page at their address (aka www.drunkduck.com/name). This inconsistency should be addressed as well.
last edited on Aug. 25, 2012 9:54PM
Ozoneocean at 9:45PM, Aug. 26, 2012
(online)
Yep, one of the many. :(
I think the difference is based on “soft” deletions VS “hard” deletions. -Soft can still be recovered.
gammarad at 8:25PM, Sept. 4, 2012
(online)
the email address contact is at is wrong

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

:
Remote host said: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

The error message when you try to reset your password displays your username and password because Python / Django is set to Debug mode.

It gives out way too much information about your system as well as giving out usernames and passwords for any email entered.

Things like:

DATABASES

{'default': {'ENGINE': ‘django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2’,
‘HOST’: ‘192.168.167.22’,
‘NAME’: ‘drunkduck’,
‘OPTIONS’: {},
‘PASSWORD’: ‘********************’,
‘PORT’: ‘5432’,
‘TEST_CHARSET’: None,
‘TEST_COLLATION’: None,
‘TEST_MIRROR’: None,
‘TEST_NAME’: None,
‘TIME_ZONE’: ‘America/Los_Angeles’,
‘USER’: ‘drunkduck’}}

And this one with a password like thing in plaintext:

code

resp

'5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: PDg3OTYwMzcxMTUxNTIzNjEuMTM0NjgxNDEzN0BzbXRwOS5yZWxheS5kZncxYT4='

authmethod

'CRAM-MD5'

AUTH_PLAIN

'PLAIN'

self

encode_cram_md5

user

'support@drunkduck.com'

authlist

preferred_auths

AUTH_LOGIN

'LOGIN'

password

'G00d(the rest of it was here but I deleted for your own safety)'

AUTH_CRAM_MD5

'CRAM-MD5'

method

'CRAM-MD5'

encode_plain

Ozoneocean at 11:59PM, Sept. 4, 2012
(online)
Wow, looks horific! How did you get to that screen?
Thanks for reporting it, I'd like to forward that on to WOWIO ASAP and hopefully theyll pay someone to fix it. That is a supermassive hole!
PaulEberhardt at 9:16AM, Sept. 6, 2012
(offline)
I just went into this forum because a relative of mine lost her password and can't recover it. I think she has a similar problem to the one gammarad described one post above.
I tried it from my own computer as well, and got the same large error screens both on Firefox and on Chrome. It is titled:
SMTPAuthenticationError at /user/reset/
(535, ‘5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: PDMwOTg1MjMzMTcwMDQ1OTMuMTM0Njk0Njk4N0BzbXRwMzIucmVsYXkuZGZ3MWE+’)

and among much else it says (at the bottom) You're seeing this error because you haveDEBUG = Truein your Django settings file. Change that toFalse, and Django will display a standard 500 page.

That was vaguely familiar, because I know Django is a character from a few 1960s Italian B-westerns. Still, I'm a bit puzzled how he could be involved here.

While it didn't send her an email, it seems to have reset her password, though, because I thought I knew it from when she last asked me for help.

Is there any way to recover it?

last edited on Sept. 6, 2012 9:26AM
Ozoneocean at 7:27PM, Sept. 6, 2012
(online)
PQ me the details and I'll set up a new password in the system for her, as soon as I know the account name. :)
wickumn at 1:46PM, Sept. 8, 2012
(offline)
IT ARE NOT LETTING POST AVATAR PICTARE
WHAT DO

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon