Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
MOrgan at 4:57AM, Oct. 15, 2013
(online)
And X-Up updated today, but the Favorites list only showed it updating 2 two days ago.
M.Organ Art - Adults Only! cartoons
M.Organ Extras - Adults Only! extras
KAM at 4:59AM, Oct. 16, 2013
(online)
My comic updated today, but the My Favorites says I last updated on the 10th. Is this a glitch with using the loading queue or what?
The KAMics - my cartoons
KAM's Fanart - fanart
KAMics Kast - cast pages
Ozoneocean at 5:38AM, Oct. 19, 2013
(online)
We'll need tp add this to the buglist for our volunteers to look at when they're able to :(
Anubis at 7:50PM, Oct. 22, 2013
(offline)
Found a glitch with adding links. it was poltie enough to tell me what happened..

———————

Text taken out by Ozone- (lots of error message stuff showing links don't work)
-To make links work don't use “Http://”
last edited on Nov. 26, 2013 1:47AM
JustNoPoint at 9:59PM, Oct. 22, 2013
(online)
I see that blasted support@drunkduck.com email again.
I have GOT to try and instal that mail server tomorrow and see if we can fix this issue -_-
Anubis at 1:38AM, Oct. 25, 2013
(offline)
Yeah, that update bug is annoying. I see other comics show up as updated on my favorites list, but mine is still stuck on October 10th.
JustNoPoint at 9:28AM, Oct. 25, 2013
(online)
For updating, the best work around is to set it on the correct date the day you intend to update it.
It sucks, but it's the only way to be sure it is displayed as updated on the correct date for now.
itsjustaar at 4:26PM, Nov. 2, 2013
(online)
I guess my post here would basically be the same thing as the ones on this page, about the October 10th bug.
Around the 13th or so of October after the site went live again, I began uploading a bunch of comics that were set to be scheduled from October 15th 2013 ‘til next year. I’m getting the “last update October 10th” thing too. I've gone back and done extensive checking and nothing is accidentally set to 2012 or 2015. :/
Kind of a bummer, I guess, we've updated today.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on Nov. 2, 2013 4:28PM
Ozoneocean at 12:08AM, Nov. 3, 2013
(online)
Pinky TA says it hasn't been updated since the 21st of November 2012! So year… I have the update bug myself pretty badly. :(
itsjustaar at 5:48PM, Nov. 8, 2013
(online)
Mine's been fixed to a degree. :) It didn't tally the missing pages, though. xD Not sure if that can be fixed too, or if that would be asking for too much. :( There's probably about 10 or 20 or so odd pages that happened between Novermber 8th and October 15th.
El Cid at 8:02AM, Nov. 17, 2013
(online)
Ditto on the links bug. I just went through my subpages fixing all the urls so they point to “theduckwebcomics.com” instead of “www.drunkduck.com,” but I can't add new working links to my webpage to replace the old broken ones. Not good.
Ozoneocean at 9:11PM, Nov. 17, 2013
(online)
Hi El Cid.
I looked in the Admin panel and searched out references to your main comic and changed them all from drunkduck to theduckwebcomics. I wonder if that worked?

Obviously I can't do that for everyone though… Keith aka JNP and his wife have a new born baby now so I doubt we can call on him to fix this. Maybe Jame from Comic Rocket?
El Cid at 12:11AM, Nov. 18, 2013
(online)
Thanks, Ozone! I just tested some of the links and they appear to be working now!
Ozoneocean at 2:48AM, Nov. 18, 2013
(online)
Excelent! Well, at least we know it can be altered successfully :)
JustNoPoint at 5:27AM, Nov. 21, 2013
(online)
You can place links for your comic in new pages. Just don't type in the http:// part of it and make sure you tell it not to add it in.

Another HUGE bug people need to worry about is if you go back and reupload a page you need to be sure the page you are reuploading does NOT have the same file name as any image you had previously uploaded.

Example
I had finished issue 0. Started issue 1. Fixed an error on Page 1 “01.jpg”. Doing this replaced the “01.jpg” I had previously uploaded for issue 0 as well.
Amelius at 11:46AM, Nov. 25, 2013
(offline)
Didn't see anyone mention it, but is anyone else having a weird problem where when you go to update a page it sits there for minutes as though it's loading, but the page is already uploaded? It's not bouncing back to letting me know that it's successfully updated or at least doing like it used to and erroring out but with a page updating anyway. I'm just closing the upload panel when the page is up because it sat there for a full 3 minutes “loading”. Had I not bothered to check the live pages I would have assumed it just wasn't connecting and given up!
This is using Firefox by the way! Haven't tested it using another browser.
lba at 11:59AM, Nov. 25, 2013
(online)
No, but I've had a similar problem in Chrome when trying to create a new comic. When you go to add a new comic, it brings up a blank page with the site background pattern, the browser says it's done loading, but nothing will happen with the content. It's almost like there's a syntax error in the site code and as a result it's only loading the shell and background of the page and regarding everything on top of it as an annotation or invalid code and ignoring it. I have't been able to replicate it in another browser though, because firefox and IE just give me a blank white page indicating that nothing at all has loaded period.

I've also noticed a seemingly random selection of who is online on the forum versus offline. For instance, I'm currently offline, despite actively typing this, whereas Oz and several others who I know are out of datezone and likely asleep/ with their browsers shut down are all online. I've noticed myself as online despite not being logged into the site too which is what prompted me to look at other's status.
last edited on Nov. 25, 2013 12:02PM
Amelius at 4:28PM, Nov. 25, 2013
(offline)
Sooooo, yeah… got another one. Charby doesn't load, but UIU does, and so does every other comic I tested out at random, instead I get this:

MemoryError at /Charby_the_Vampirate/
No exception supplied
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Charby_the_Vampirate/
Django Version: 1.3
Exception Type: MemoryError
Exception Location: /usr/lib/python2.6/encodings/utf_8.py in decode, line 16
Python Executable: /usr/bin/python
Python Version: 2.6.5
Python Path:
['/srv/drunkduck',
'/srv/virtualenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages',
'/srv/virtualenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PIL',
'/srv',
'/usr/lib/python2.6',
'/usr/lib/python2.6/plat-linux2',
'/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-tk',
'/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-old',
'/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload',
'/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages',
'/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6',
'/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gtk-2.0',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages']
Server time: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:18:59 -0800

And there's much more, but I didn't want to clog the forum with it. Is someone mad at me?! ︵

I get the same error just going into my control panel to look at the pages, but I can look at them just fine for my other Unlife is Unfair.
last edited on Nov. 25, 2013 4:32PM
Ozoneocean at 11:12PM, Nov. 25, 2013
(online)
This same error even happens when I search for “Charby” in the Admin panel! I'm going to have to ask Jamey Sharp from Comic Rocket to do us a special favour and look over that.
This is bad. :(
Sorry for that issue Amy!
Amelius at 11:31PM, Nov. 25, 2013
(offline)
Thanks very much for looking into that, sorry to be such a troublemaker! It's just really weird, it's not something that happened right after updating since it was up fine for a few hours and even got a comment on the new page before it went bye-bye!

I'm starting to think I just have a curse, I just launched a new comic and every time I've gone to announce it something crashes or breaks! (◕︵◕)
Ozoneocean at 1:49AM, Nov. 26, 2013
(online)
It's not you, it's us :)
We can't even add a new featured comic for tomorrow, we get a 500 error.
Jamey says he'll be able to look it over during work tomorrow. He's in bed now. He says he has a pretty good idea what the trouble is, which sounds hopefull :D
Banes at 6:00AM, Nov. 26, 2013
(offline)
When I try to edit my forum signature/comic link, the edit box gets shunted off to the side, beneath the ads!

itsjustaar at 9:24AM, Nov. 26, 2013
(online)
I'd hate to bug you guys again about updates again. November 26th page is up at the moment, but it says last update November 8th. :( As always, anything in-between isn't tallied on the updates list.
I think it's my fault, actually, lol, my comic is updating very quickly for the server or coding or whatever there is to handle. I could look into it further if that was the case, perhaps, but I don't want to be a cumbersome bother.
And it's also showing pages scheduled ahead of time that normally shouldn't be allowed.
I'll see what I can do about this, just in case it can't be fixed. :)
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:40PM, Nov. 26, 2013
(online)
@Banes-
I normally go to my user control panel to edit my forum banner/signature. To place in a banner, it should be some variation of this:

Or:

{url=http://theduckwebcomics.com/(insert comic name here)/}{img}(insert custom url of banner image location here){/img}{/url}

Let me know if this solves your issue.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 8:33AM, Nov. 27, 2013
(online)
Banes might be talking about that damn javascript edit box that goes all screwy with its formatting. That happens with me when I try and edit my sig. - in firefox type browsers.
-

BTW Jame Sharp fixed the site issues. It was a memory problem, same one we used to always get in the old days.
Banes at 9:36PM, Nov. 27, 2013
(offline)
Thanks kawaii - but yeah, ozone's right, it's the edit box that shoots over to the right and cannot be seen - I'll try it in something other than Firefox, see if that works. Grazi!

Amelius at 4:27PM, Dec. 2, 2013
(offline)
No problems to report, just tell Jamey I said thanks! :D
zgrssd at 6:13AM, Dec. 10, 2013
(online)
Got some wierd behavior when copying text from the Author Comment or from a Comment blow a Comic Page. For some reason a link is getting attached to the text I copied.
For Author Comment on the latest GTH post (http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Project_GTH/5446478/) I get this appended:
See more at: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Project_GTH/5446478/#sthash.UXrHHdUy.dpuf
If I copy text that happens to end with a link, I get only the stuff behind the # added, even if it makes no sense in context.
i.e. when I posted the text "http://stefmarcinkowski.com/vdsd“, copying it get's reworked too ”http://stefmarcinkowski.com/vdsd#sthash.evzs8zOo.dpuf“ wich would propably not get me to the right page.
As I see it you have some script that goes:
1. If the copied text does not end in a link, add ”See more at: (full URL of Comic)/“
2. If the copied text now does end in a link, add ”#sthash.(some unique base64 compliant string based on wich page is shown).dpuf"
Part one sounds like a feature, but part two is implemented in a way that makes it a bug.
last edited on Dec. 10, 2013 6:15AM
Ozoneocean at 9:39PM, Dec. 10, 2013
(online)
For a lot of things links seem to behave if you drop the http:// from them… I don't know about that other stuff though. Sounds like a weird thing that came from the latest restoration of the site?
Asbin at 7:03AM, Dec. 18, 2013
(online)
I'm pretty sure this has been addressed already, but may be some confusion. Been wanting to add new links to my page and I keep getting an error. I don't mean links in author comments but the permanent ones on the site (header links, misc, etc)
Even when dropping the http:\\ as suggested I get this error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@theduckwebcomics.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at www.theduckwebcomics.com Port 80

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon