Help, Support and Suggestions

Trying to customize. Lost.
CateranLlama at 1:01PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
1. Log into the site.

2. From the side-bar on the homepage, click to open your list of
comics and select the which comic's layout you wish to customize.

3. In the top sub-navigation, select “activate layout mode.”
4. “Edit” buttons are then visible next to each of the sections of your
comic page, giving you the capability in REALTIME to alter/save the
layout of your comic.
I'm lost.  Is this available yet?  I can't seem to find an “activate layout mode” button.  I've seen a comic or two with seemingly customized layout.  Or am I mistaken about that?  Should I just keep waiting?  Just keep clicking random buttons?
Thanks for any direction you can give me…
Flesh Killing Brat at 4:05PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
Yeah, I'm in the same boat! I thought it said that was a feature on the Get Satisfaction post, but I can't find it for the life of me.
CateranLlama at 4:38PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
The text I quoted is from the news post http://drunkduck.com/news/2011/jun/30/uploading-and-logging-in-will-be-disabled-july-1st-3pm-pdt-new-site-to-launch-july-5th-details/ they had up right before the site changed over.
abrahamlincoln at 6:29AM, July 17, 2011
(offline)
Click on the name of the comic, not the “edit” button.
It will bring you to the main page of the comic.
You can then look at the sub navigation and will see the “ACTIVATE LAYOUT MODE” button.
You can then edit it.
Welcome. :)
I am the 1337 Master.

But you may call me by this not completely stupid name.
dcole at 9:10AM, July 17, 2011
(online)
Similarly, I've noticed that some comics have already worked out some basic customization since the relaunch - most recently and specifically, Duck and Quail. Any word on how we can do that? I lost my HTML layout, and I'm beginning to work on a new one.
Daniel Cole
Writer/Artist, Carbon and Space
Magazine Editor, The Frontiersman
www.brokenfrontier.com
Twitter: @CarbonandSpace

dcole at 9:37AM, July 17, 2011
(online)
Nevermind - I got it. Background editing is kinda hidden in the upper left right portion of the screen.
All in all, customization seems to have taken two steps back. I hope they get HTML editing up and running soon.
Daniel Cole
Writer/Artist, Carbon and Space
Magazine Editor, The Frontiersman
www.brokenfrontier.com
Twitter: @CarbonandSpace

last edited on July 18, 2011 5:31AM
CateranLlama at 10:14AM, July 17, 2011
(online)
Ah.  I bet you have to have pages.  It just takes me to a “this comic has no pages yet” page.  Ugh.  Will there eventually be a way to set it up before I go live?
CateranLlama at 11:17AM, July 17, 2011
(online)
Nothing seems to happen when I hit “Save.” I had a nice, bland gray all picked out, but it just wants to stay white…
skoolmunkee at 3:18AM, July 18, 2011
(online)
There's no way to edit that before you have a page uploaded, no. But you could always upload a test image or a “coming soon” as your first comic page and use that.
CateranLlama wrote:
Nothing seems to happen when I hit “Save.” I had a nice, bland gray all picked out, but it just wants to stay white…
That seems to be a bug that a lot of people are reporting, I dont' think they've figured out which browser/os combination causes it because people with the same browser will both report that it works or doesn't. But usually trying a different browser works- if you have Chrome, try that.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
CateranLlama at 4:25PM, July 18, 2011
(online)
Thank you!!! I can save now!  If it tells you anything, it doesn't work in Firefox 3.6.18 on Vista, but works on Chrome on the same machine.

Now Chrome stopped working.  I'm so lost…
last edited on July 18, 2011 5:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved