Other Comics-

Greetings and Salutations
Generic Human at 8:01PM, Feb. 6, 2007
(online)
Might as well post it! It's a mediocre comic that updates every so often! but I'm kinda sorta proud of it.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Greetings_and_Salutations/
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:32AM
WingNut at 11:07PM, Feb. 6, 2007
(offline)
Your review is in the making lass. ;)
Generic Human at 4:34AM, Feb. 7, 2007
(online)
I get a review? Rock it!
WingNut at 11:27AM, Feb. 7, 2007
(offline)
Greetings and Salutations-

Lass, your comic rocks, and I'm gonna tell you why. It's relatable. The core of your humor is based of of real life experiences, (besides the talking cat, that is) and that makes the reader identify with your characters, and your humor, in a way that few other ways of comedy can accomplish. Truth, is the essence of good comedy. If there is something true, a life experience that many people share, and you show your characters putting a comedic spin on something everyone knows, than you have accomplished something that many comedians are still incapable of doing.

The artwork, like all of us out there, is a little rough in the first few pages, but this by no means detracts from the characters, or the story at all. It's very easy to differentiate the main character, (Shae) from say, her best friend, (Jordan). And especially later on, the line art becomes much crisper, and the art becomes much more professional. So, hat's off there as well.

Storywise, it starts of wonderfully, introducing you to Shae, her setting, and some of her fears and idiosyncrasies. Again, relatable situations here. There's no gigantic antagonist, or world ending crisis here, just these characters life, and how their take on the world around them. This is probably one of the main reasons I enjoy this comic so much, because I think to myself, “You know what? I'd hang out with those people.” Again, relatable.

The characters are awesome as well. All of the main characters, as I said, are people who most would enjoy being around. And the cat, well, Fenrir is the dash of absurdity the comic needed, just to keep the reader entertained. Besides, a ridiculously suave cat opens up a HUGE doorway for other story elements. If cats can talk, well, who knows whats next, eh?

All in all, this comic is truly one of my favorites. Its funny, its enjoyable, and it's a hell of a good read. Now if only the lass would update more, but I'm not gonna harp on her for that, it's tough, I know.

Wingnut Sez: Read it, or face my firey wrath.

Oh, almost forgot! So enjoyable was this comic in fact, that I whipped up some quick pictures whilst I was reading through the archive. Check it out Generic Human, your review, and now your Prize.

Shae, done Acquired Taste Style. :D

-W
Generic Human at 1:00PM, Feb. 7, 2007
(online)
ah you are the coolest! She looks so awesome in wingnut-esque-ness. You made my day tenfold!
WingNut at 9:58PM, Feb. 7, 2007
(offline)
Heh, glad you like it. Had fun drawing her. :D

-W

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon