I know it seems like round three of Comic Remix just ended (to me it does anyway) but sign-ups for round four are now officially underway. This is the final round I'm running, so if you think you'd like to give it a shot, this is your last chance. Additionally, this round, I'm going to be a little stricter on the artistic qualifications to enter. I'll be denying more entries to art that doesn't fit the qualifications. This includes some people who've participated in previous rounds. I'm still welcoming most DDers though, so if you have any doubts to whether or not you'd make the cut you can PQ me. For everyone who doesn't know what the project is but is interested here's a link to the project website for the last round. The idea is that a comic will have a totally different feel when simply drawn by another artist. Each participant is randomly assigned a comic to remix. They are allowed to change absolutely everything, except the writing. Panel layout, tone, camera angles, style of characters, all of this can be changed. As long as it's immaterial to the actual script everyone is given full artistic license to reinvent their assignment as much as they see fit. Here are a couple examples of some people who captured the idea of the remix project best.
Girl/Robot remixed by Sage
Clench&Cheese remixed by Dgriff
USFDS remixed by Whirlwynd
Wolf remixed by Terminal
Locoma remixed by skoolmunkee
Unnecessarily Specific Guidelines:
Sign ups are until November 11th
All participants are randomly assigned to other comics
~Anyone who participated in previous rounds will not be remixed by the same person, will not have the same person to remix, and will not be remixing the person who remixed them. However people who participated in round one and/or two could be assigned to remix the person who remixed them in that round.
~Each person is allowed one “blackball,” one comic which they're allowed to specifically request not to be assigned to.
~Let me know your “blackball” (if you have one) via PQ when you sign up. I strongly suggest everyone take advantage of this policy.
~No one will be assigned to remix the same comic that is remixing them in this round.
~Each participant will be PQed with the comic they've been assigned to on November 14th. Do not tell the person you've been assigned to that you've been assigned to them.
~Each participant must PQ me in response by November 18th with a link to the specific page that they are going to remix. No one can remix a page that has been remixed in a previous round.
~Each remix is due by December 18th. It should be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Comic Remix” in the subject line.
~Between November 18th and December 24th the project website will be updated with each original comic and a link to it's owner's website.
~On December 25th the project website will be updated with all remixed comics, which will occur sequentially following their original counterpart, with a link to the remixer. After the Comic Remix site goes live with all the remixes each participant is free to post the remix they've done and the remix they've got on their own site. I ask that before the 25th you don't show it off.
Please remember that the December 24th deadline is just that, the day you absolutely need to get it finished by. I strongly urge everyone to get their's done as soon as possible. If there are any dropouts, or people who believe that they MAY dropout I need to know ASAP, please don't wait till the last minute and/or just stop responding to me.
If anyone feels like they are both willing and able to pull extra work and drawn more than one strip, please let me know and I'll add you to a special list. I can guarantee that I have extra work that will need to be done, even if there are no last minute dropouts. I can't guarantee any additional reward except extra props and linkage on the project page, but if I can swing something I'll do what I can.
The last remix project had a 4 day total view count of 17630 visits upon the release date. Which I suspect is far more than the sum of its parts. It's a real fun project to both draw and be drawn. Last round there were 64 participants, some with really wild varying styles and as always I'd love to see this round top it!
Finally comic qualifications to enter:
1) You have to have at least 20 pages in your archives. It's just not fair for the person who is being assigned to you if they only have 6 pages to choose from.
2) No sprite or MS paint comics. I don't like to be one of the guys who is prejudice against sprite comics, but this is a project for artists. Again it isn't fair to the comic you would be remixing if your comic is talking circles and you get assigned to something as beautifully done as 20 Galaxies. Likewise, the art qualifications are going to be a little stricter this round, but be assured if I think it looks like you're putting work into your art, you'll be fine.
3) No dropouts. If you dropped out in a previous round (after comics have been assigned) you can not sign up for any future rounds. If you would like for me to make an exception for you, contact me. I may be willing to bend the rules but you'll definitely have to do extra work before I even assign someone to remix you.
1. KingofSnake - Children at Play
2. KingofSnake - Modern Day Witchdoctor
3. TheMidge28 - Blood/hound*
4. JustNoPoint - The Devon Legacy*
5. Priest_Revan - 2's a Company
6. Used Books - Used Books*
7. Aqua_ng - Naive
8. Hijuda - Victory Theme
9. Blntmaker - Better Luck Next Time
10. Pit_Face - Putrid Meat
11. Tantz Aerine - Wolf*
12. Dgriff13 - Zorphbert and Fred
13. Fern - Daphne Descends
14. Fern - Teenage Wasteland
15. Rydel6 - Return Zero
16. Reidavidson - Paranormal Activity
17. Reboundcomic - Rebound
18. Pink Diapers - Changing Worlds
19. Doyora Steinbaum - Ahaha
20. Willowwanderer - Stupidity in Magic
21. Conned - TBD
22. CZweig - Mastermind BTRN
23. SomaX - Mosaic
24. Magickmaker - Magick
25. Kohdok - For Your Eyes Only
26. Darth Mongoose - Fan Dan Go
27. Silentkitty - Purgatory Tower
28. Vindibudd - The Adventures of Vindibudd: Superhero in Training
29. Le Farce - Le Farce
30. Whirlwynd - 20 Galaxies
31. Crave the Bullet - Between Failures
32. Curlpop - Llama glama
33. phinmagic - Phineus Magician for Hire
34. pyrofire123 - Redmoon
35. Oceanozone - Pinky TA
36. Kxela - Lost Invisible
37. VegaX - Fullmoon Stories
38. alejkhan - Lola
39. Cheeko - One Question
40. Reborn - The Reborn
41. Ronson - The Gods of ArrKelaan
42. Antcomics - Antcomics!
43. poinko - Lancaster the Ghost Dectective
44. comic_chic - The Dreamer
45. Abt_Nihil - AD 1997
46. D0m - Nadya
47. Nergal - One Shot
48. Caliber - Free Jamm'n*
49. ncbaddwolf - TBD
50. falesgods - Palestra
51. Herio - Sky Fallen
52. Hcnoel - Mr. Scootles
53. sage - Blip
54. Heymelby - Chad the Fatkid
4.0 Sign ups (LAST ROUND)
kingofsnake at 7:57AM, Oct. 25, 2007
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:31AM
Doyora Steinbaum at 7:49AM, Oct. 28, 2007
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:31AM
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved