Author\'s Rant

Setting up...
KirbyMeister at 2:08PM, Feb. 7, 2007
(offline)
OADS is returning after a two-year-long hiatus. As such, I'm re-posting all the comics, one per day. I have no idea if the system allows for more than one post marked for a single day, and I don't think I can back-date posts. I have 75 pages to post before we get up to the newer (and markedly better) pages. So, right now you'll have to deal with the older stuff while new pages are posted.

I should be up to the new stuff (Issue-3) by VC Monday, April 16th, 2007, in which a new posting schedule will be added.

Although you'll probably end up rating the comic down, I assure you it does get better, and that the earlier pages represent more of my progression as an artist than something you'd put to print. We might see re-draws of the earlier material later down the road. This is because the first 8 pages lack the source vector .SVG files which I can use to generate higher-resolution versions. Thus, if I were to ever go to print (a dangerous proposition), I would have to redraw everything anyway.

As for the website, I'll design it later. I'm sticking with Drunk/Lazy Duck Default for now, unless there's some fatal errors like it not being Wii-compatible. The comics were designed to fit width-wise in an 800x600 screen, so that shouldn't be a problem. (Wii Internet Channel renders everything at a resolution of 800x500, then adds on the bottom bar and downscales to 480p/i)
If we continue to keep confusing filesharing and high-seas piracy…. Well, let's just say… One Piece just won't be the same. After all, who would want to see a story about a swashbuckling KaZaA user named Luffy trying to become King of the Pirates with 2 gigabytes of storage space and a 56K modem?
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:31AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon